Shots fired at Trump rally (bullet clipped Trump’s ear)

9 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Man who was nearby says the crowd outside the event saw the shooter on a roof with a rifle, notified police, and for 2-3 minutes the police and Secret Service were looking over, but didn't radio it in or do anything. If true, not a surprise to hear the SS are absolute failures, it's basically their history.

Holy shit that's insane.

• True 2
  • Hype 1

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I have actually pondered from time to time why we don’t have more political assassinations in a country with a billion guns. It is odd that this has largely fallen out of fashion in my lifetime.

That’s the fun bit about powder kegs

If that story of the small crowd seeing the shooter and it played out over 3 minutes is accurate, that is WILD and you honestly have to fire a lot of people.

But always helpful to keep in mind that people are absolutely terrible judges of things like time, and in a stressful moment like that, quite possible this was a much shorter span of time than claimed. Have to wait for more info for sure.

• Halal 1

It wasnt an assassination attempt, it was a guided sight seeing tour through a political rally with an interactive moment that went awry…

the media just keeps winning, turning elections into this kind of reality tv is gangbusters for their business

• True 1
  • Halal 1

Isn’t there a bit of “brand loyalty” now when it comes to the immediate protection of the president? Like how Joe only trusted his USSS detail from when he was VP, and all of the agents who are somewhat complicit in J6?

just saying if so conservatives are nothing if not incompetent 

The crowd chanting USA USA USA as he was being shuffled off is the most on-the-nose part of all of this. 

This ugly ass election cycle is going to get 100 times uglier. American politics has been headed in this direction for decades. It’s just going to keep getting worse…

• True 2
  • Halal 1

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

No one feels sorry for him. Just worried about the ramifications of this. 

Oh absolutely.

But also, the news cycle moves faster than my bladder during a bender. This will be yesterday's news within a week.

3 minutes ago, ort said:

The crowd chanting USA USA USA as he was being shuffled off is the most on-the-nose part of all of this. 

This ugly ass election cycle is going to get 100 times uglier. American politics has been headed in this direction for decades. It’s just going to keep getting worse…

100%. I thought the same thing. Yelling USA USA USA after the former president has been shot is a great example of how fucked up the people in this country are. 

4 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

You underestimate Trump’s ability to completely fuck up a good thing for him.

A former president and leading candidate for the next presidential term nearly got his head blown off. This is not going away.

• True 1

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

A former president and leading candidate for the next presidential term nearly got his head blown off. This is not going away.

Yeah... That picture of him fist pumping with a bloody face is going to be on every bit of Trump campaign media within 3 hours.  If it turns out the gunman was some left wing ANTIFA type then... fuck.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

We’ll see.

i give it a week before we’re talking about something else, or right wing media starts bringing on crazies that completely fuck up the needed message. These people aren’t disciplined.

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Even a cursory understanding of the right wing media and victim complex would lead anyone to understand this isn’t going away

Like, for once a wealthy white man is an actual victim of a crime! It’s not going away!

Just now, MarSolo said:

We’ll see.

i give it a week before we’re talking about something else, or right wing media starts bringing on crazies that completely fuck up the needed message. These people aren’t disciplined.

Except they are, especially when it comes to controlling the narrative 

21 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Lincoln? Garfield? JFK? MLK? RFK? Reagan?

Ok, first world post-Cold War.

When politicians are shot in the first world, people are shocked and go “man this is crazy and totally out of character for our political environment”. 

In the worst of the third world a politician gets shot and everyone goes “yeah, just another day in election season.”

We’re there, folks.

I’m being snarky of course.  Biden’s statement to the media sent the right message.  Unfortunately , like everyone else, I’m not expecting the same from Trump or MAGA-world.