Shots fired at Trump rally (bullet clipped Trump’s ear)

5 hours ago, Best said:

Yea I realize that about 97% of folks on this forum don't believe in a higher power. 

Whether you believe in God or not is irrelevant. Observationally, history is filled with absolutely horrible people who lived for a long time time doing absolutely horrible things to the world. If God exists, he's not intervening in this way.

• stepee 2
  • True 3
  • Halal 2

3 minutes ago, legend said:

Whether you believe in God or not is irrelevant. Observationally, history is filled with absolutely horrible people who lived for a long time time doing absolutely horrible things to the world. If God exists, he's not intervening in this way.

Well said.

• Thanks 1
  • True 1

44 minutes ago, legend said:

You're absolutely correct. 

• Halal 1

God also put that building 100 yards away and made the secret service shit the bed and made that kid into the kind of person who would do this... so, uh, yeah... maybe God was sending him a message... a warning shot...

The cops should have just unloaded a service pistol magazine into the ground.  It would have stopped the rally cold in its tracks as the SS would rush the president off the stage before the shooter could take any shots.

• True 2
  • Halal 1

2 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

The cops should have just unloaded a service pistol magazine into the ground.  It would have stopped the rally cold in its tracks as the SS would rush the president off the stage before the shooter could take any shots.

Very good point. 

38 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Could have also caused a mass panic and potential stampede. 

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Could have also caused a mass panic and potential stampede. 

True. Instead of Trump being shot he could have been trampled by the crowd. Then the secret service looks worse.

A perfect plan.  :daydream:

5 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Are we past the video games thing yet?  Or are we going to see videos of Sniper Elite with the X-ray stuff presented in Congress soon

You're talking about a world in which roughly 55% of people can't get over the idea of a "sky guy" after many centuries of formal education existing. We are not past much yet. Human ego and fear are much stronger traits in our species than logic and reasoning. 

• True 2
  • Halal 1

6 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

https://www.newsweek.com/thomas-matthew-crooks-message-before-donald-trump-shooting-revealed-1926813

The shooter left a cryptic message on Steam before shooting.

“July 13 will be my premiere, watch as it unfolds”.

Or not.

WWW.CNN.COM

Investigators now believe that the Steam account in the name of the man who shot at former President Donald Trump over the weekend is fake, a US official briefed on the matter told CNN.

The FBI appears to have been trolled by Steam's ability to change the Display Name at will.

• Shocked 1

57 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Or not.

WWW.CNN.COM

Investigators now believe that the Steam account in the name of the man who shot at former President Donald Trump over the weekend is fake, a US official briefed on the matter told CNN.

The FBI appears to have been trolled by Steam's ability to change the Display Name at will.

I feel old enough that I figured there would have been someone on that investigative team that would have known that could be done.

For everyone here that I have on Steam I actually just nickname you all so I'll know who it is even if you change you name.

It seems the most widely accepted right wing narrative( amongst non-media types) is that this was a deep state setup that failed.

No facts will ever be accepted. I've come to the conclusion that there is about 10% of the population that is just lost forever.

I don't know how you can ever have a good faith conversation with someone who believes everything the media tells them is a lie, (except, of course, when the media is telling them exactly what they want to hear.)

It is still crazy for me to ponder what the narrative and national tone would be if this was a purple haired trans kid with a long history of anti-Trump beliefs...

I really think we dodged a bullet here (literally)

I can't even begin to imagine what the tone coming from the right wing media would be right now...

13 minutes ago, ort said:

It seems the most widely accepted right wing narrative( amongst non-media types) is that this was a deep state setup that failed.

I was buying a new mattress yesterday and as I was finalizing the purchase the sales guy was talking to me about the “craziness” going on right now and it somehow pivoted into basically this. Insinuating that it was a set-up because “they just want him gone” or something.

I was returning my second defective mattress and switching to a Tempurpedic that the guy was giving me an insane deal on because of all the trouble I’ve been having with the brand I was using ($6.3k tempurpedic luxe breeze 2.0 for $2.1k), so I wasn’t about to start arguing. “Yea, man, it’s crazy” :p 

• stepee 1

It really doesn't help that the secret service shit the bed so hard.

I think everyone has this picture in their head of the just how thorough and tight the security is supposed to be at something like this, and when something like this happens that profoundly disproves that narrative it really is baffling. It is fucking unfathomable that a 20 year old weirdo with no training was able to get in such a position and that literal minutes passed between when he was spotted and when the shooting started.

Incompetence is the still the most obvious answer here... I can't see how all of the pieces that would have had to come together to pull this off could have possibly happened in the modern world... but it isn't even that out there to be asking some hard questions about exactly what went down and how it was able to happen. So the jump to "this was all a failed deep state setup" isn't even really that big of a leap. Sadly.

3 minutes ago, ort said:

I think everyone has this picture in their head of the just how thorough and tight the security is supposed to be at something like this, and when something like this happen that counteracts that narrative it really is baffling. It is fucking weird that a 20 year old weirdo with no training was able to get in such a position and that literal minutes passed between when he was spotted and when the shooting started.

The whole thing was completely fucked up.

The incompetence and failure of the USSS on Saturday was so incredulous that “conspiracy” almost seems like the simpler answer 

22 hours ago, legend said:

Heh. This idea isn't as bad as the fact that a person can kill someone that ends up in hell. The murderer can then become saved the day before execution and end up in an infinitely better place than his victim. 

The idea that any form of justice exists with this logic is astounding.

1 hour ago, Link200 said:

Heh. This idea isn't as bad as the fact that a person can kill someone that ends up in hell. The murderer can then become saved the day before execution and end up in an infinitely better place than his victim. 

The idea that any form of justice exists with this logic is astounding.

Believe me, I have lot's of problems with the notion of hell. But we don't even need to debate the morality of purported gods. We can factually comment on what happens in our world and rule out that a god is going to do things for us.

2 hours ago, ort said:

I think everyone has this picture in their head of the just how thorough and tight the security is supposed to be at something like this, and when something like this happens that profoundly disproves that narrative it really is baffling. It is fucking unfathomable that a 20 year old weirdo with no training was able to get in such a position and that literal minutes passed between when he was spotted and when the shooting started.

I remember being a kid and hearing about the secret service. In my head they were like super heroes that leap in front of the bullet for the president. The real world definitely doesn’t always work that way…