Shots fired at Trump rally (bullet clipped Trump’s ear)

I've read on social media that some of his classmates confirmed that he was definitely politically conservative. Apparently in some sort of social studies / current events class the kids had some sort of debate where they all had to defend whatever side and he was always on the conservative side.

Who knows anymore, it could be complete BS. Who knows.

Does it really matter? It sounds like this guy falls into more of the disaffected teen, lone weirdo type who decided go to shoot at the president instead of shooting up his school.

My guess is that this was more about being mentally deranged than trying to make a political statement, but again, who the hell knows.

The problem with the inflammatory political rhetoric is that there are a lot of deranged/damaged/unhinged people out there.

It is comical to me hearing any republican complain about the current political rhetoric though. They can take those thought and ram them up their dumb asses. It's fucking nonsense. The GOP is 100 times more inflammatory and deranged in there messaging. It's not even fucking close so they should sit down and shut the fuck up.

Donald Trump is the single most inflammatory and hyperbolic candidate to exist. No one who supports Trump has any ground to stand on in this discussion.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

I genuinely think we would have seen large gatherings of gun toting Trump supporters in the streets of major cities all over the country had the attempt been successful 

We already have this but they wear badges

• True 1

1 minute ago, ort said:

I've read on social media that some of his classmates confirmed that he was definitely politically conservative. Apparently in some sort of social studies / current events class the kids had some sort of debate where they all had to defend whatever side and he was always on the conservative side.

Who knows anymore, it could be complete BS. Who knows.

Does it really matter? It sounds like this guy falls into more of the disaffected teen, lone weirdo type who decided go to shoot at the president instead of shooting up his school.

My guess is that this was more about being mentally deranged than trying to make a political statement, but again, who the hell knows.

The problem with the inflammatory political rhetoric is that there are a lot of deranged/damaged/unhinged people out there.

It is comical to me hearing any republican complain about the current political rhetoric though. They can take those thought and ram them up their dumb asses. It's fucking nonsense. The GOP is 100 times more inflammatory and deranged in there messaging. It's not even fucking close so they should sit down and shut the fuck up.

Donald Trump is the single most inflammatory and hyperbolic candidate to exist. No one who supports Trump has any ground to stand on in this discussion.

It seems like this might be another case where the minority who obsesses over every bump of the news cycle is absolutely convinced of one thing because of their perspective....but it doesn't reflect reality.

I mean, I will admit even I thought it. When it happened surely this was political. But taking a step back it looks like it wasn't....and indeed it looks very much like the actions and motivations of an "average" school shooter.

I don't say it very often, but I will say this is an instance where "both sides" do something. We all try to assign rational thought to someone commiting an act that is almost by definition an irrational act.

Granted, sometimes it is a political act, but I even joked about it earlier...how often does this happen and we find out the guy is absolutely uncategorizable in terms of politics?

3 minutes ago, Nokra said:

Someone put together this video which shows just how much time and awareness there was of a potential threat. Madness. 

That is absolutely insane. Something just doesn't sit right with the entire situation. 

• True 1

18 minutes ago, Best said:

That is absolutely insane. Something just doesn't sit right with the entire situation. 

17 hours ago, Jason said:

lol I got reminded today that back in 2022 my local police snuck a city councilmember who wasn't supposed to be there past Biden's security perimeter and Secret Service's response was just "well no harm no foul".

• True 1

Wow someone had fun with that picture. I do hope there is some trail here that leads to finding out whatever the reason was and this isn’t a situation where we never truly know. In this age of conspiracy, being in the dark is going to lead to some crazy shit.

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Wow someone had fun with that picture. I do hope there is some trail here that leads to finding out whatever the reason was and this isn’t a situation where we never truly know. In this age of conspiracy, being in the dark is going to lead to some crazy shit.

I suspect his reasons will circle around despair and loneliness, something the MAGA crowd will just ignore completely. Come to think of it, so will everyone else.

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, brucoe said:

I suspect his reasons will circle around despair and loneliness, something the MAGA crowd will just ignore completely. Come to think of it, so will everyone else.

He'll have made one comment in 2019 or something about politics, and that is what everyone will focus on.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:
WWW.THEVERGE.COM

The FBI’s investigation of Crooks is ongoing.

Almost feel bad for the agents who have to go through the browser history of a clearly deranged 20 year old man

"Hey boss, we got searches for Golden Showers and Big Black Booty Bitches....is that 1 point for each side?"

I love the nutjobs that are saying Biden is behind it.

In fact, I love Schrodinger's Biden. He is both equally "sleepy Joe" inept Joe Biden and also the mastermind behind every plot.

And guess what, even if he DID order the assassination, thanks to the Supreme Court ruling.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ nothing you can do about it. For all we know, all Joe Biden had to do was sign a paper to hire a guy through a military contractor and that's now an "official act."

But this sucks in every possible way, not just for my own political agenda.

• True 2
  • Halal 1

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

From the widow of the guy who was killed.

image.png

That last line says everything doesn’t it? All these crazed losers killing themselves for Trump, who doesn’t give a shit for anyone but himself. 

• True 4
  • Halal 3

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

image.png

The phrase "devout republican" stands out to me for some reason, but I'm not that surprised political affiliation is treated like a religion in that region of PA

• stepee 1
  • True 2
  • Halal 1

5 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

image.png

Not even mad she is going to vote for him. One vote is just one vote, but throwing Trump under the bus? Priceless. Also that area is already down one Trump vote anyway.

• Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Imagine voting for the person who hasn't called you yet about what happened of the two candidates. And saying he was a "devout" Republican . . . yikes. 

Well one has time to play golf and the other is too busy running the country, so it's understandable.

No wait I mixed the two up.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Well one has time to play golf and the other is too busy running the country, so it's understandable.

No wait I mixed the two up.

Nononono. Trump has heart

He only golfed after visiting his dead wife’s overgrown burial site. . . . after hitting a ball into the growth while practicing on the chipping green. Can’t let a good ball go to waste. . .they cost money. 

5 hours ago, Jwheel86 said:

I'm not sure politicians would like that given they tend to be pretty loud.

They're small enough and can fly high enough to not be disruptive, especially in a noisy crowd.  I've noticed the Cincinnati Police have been using drones a lot more to watch people headed to the ballpark and street festivals.

• Halal 1

6 minutes ago, ort said:

If my spouse was killed at a Biden event and Trump was the only one who called me I wouldn't vote for him either, so I get it.

It’s not that she wouldn’t vote for him. It’s that she wouldn’t take a call. I’d definitely take a call from President Trump. 

26 minutes ago, ort said:

If my spouse was killed at a Biden event and Trump was the only one who called me I wouldn't vote for him either, so I get it.

The two aren’t remotely the same though. Trump is a demagogue and the most divisive president in over 100 years. 

If my spouse was killed at a 2012 Obama event and Romney was the only who called me, I would actually consider voting for him. 

3 hours ago, stepee said:

Not even mad she is going to vote for him. One vote is just one vote, but throwing Trump under the bus? Priceless. Also that area is already down one Trump vote anyway.

Two…

• True 1