Shots fired at Trump rally (bullet clipped Trump’s ear)

8 minutes ago, ort said:

It really is staggering just how much of a total failure this incident seems to be from a secret service perspective. I’m not one for conspiracy theories, but this entire thing is like a bucket of bloody meat being thrown into a tank full of hungry sharks. Everything about it just weird, and for these fact adjacent shit brained loser crowd, this entire event is way way way too easy to just project whatever version of reality you want on top of it… it’s going to  cause years and years of fallout. No amount of facts will ever convince someone who doesn’t want to accept them to accept them. 

We live in a post fact world. All that matters now is vibes.  And the vibes fucking suck. 

I keep thinking about how shockingly close we were to seeing Donald Trumps head blown to pieces on live tv and I’m still not sure how to think about that. It’s funny, because as someone who is known for posting angry rants online, my real life persona is the exact opposite and honestly the last thing in the world I ever want to see is shit like this. Trump needs to live long enough to die broken and defeated and discredited and shamed into oblivion as a miserable old man. Not like this. 

And now I just saw this:

WWW.BLOOMBERG.COM

Blackrock apparently just removed a 2022 commercial where the shooter can be seen in the background. I was already getting my fill of Blackrock conspiracy shit from my Dad so that’s just great. 

Sigafoos did not recall Crooks making political overtures in class, but rather as someone interested in how government works, and "not trying to insert his own beliefs into it."

Another former classmate did not share this view. Max R. Smith recalled taking an American history course with Crooks as a sophomore. He did recall Crooks making political statements - but
they shed no light on his actions Saturday.

"He definitely was conservative," he said. "It makes me wonder why he
would carry out an assassination attempt on the conservative candidate."

Smith recalled a mock debate in which their history professor posed government policy questions and asked students to stand on one side of the classroom or the other to signal their support or opposition for a
given proposal.

"The majority of the class were on the liberal side, but Tom, no matter
what, always stood his ground on the conservative side," Smith said. "That's still the picture I have of him. Just standing alone on one side while the rest of the class was on the other."

Sound convincing if he really does have that picture and I’m sure the teacher would be able to confirm as well. 

WWW.INQUIRER.COM

The thought that their mild-mannered ex-classmate would try to kill former President Donald Trump was difficult to process in this tight-knit community near Pittsburgh.

• Thanks 1

I’ve said it before, but so much of security for VIPs is dependent upon obscurity. 

In 2002 or so Bill Clinton gave a speech at my college to a small crowd at a theater the school had built that year or the year before. A buddy of mine was a lighting tech at the theater and, oblivious to the events of the evening; went to go to the lighting board area to study like usual. He let himself in via one of the side doors with a key he had and on his way through the building rounded a corner and literally bumped into Bill Clinton. Had a talk with secret service and Clinton and his security who were apparently cool about the thing but were told nobody outside faculty had a key. 

And as someone who did liquor delivery around Boston in 2002, a year after 9/11, the biggest security hurdles I encountered as someone who routinely drove an unmarked van filled with cardboard boxes to the biggest buildings in the city, knowing where the loading dock was and the name of one company in the building was all that you needed in order to be let in, and that was only needed some of the time. 

I assume a 2002 ish Clinton doesn’t get as much juice as a running for President Trump. But honestly the real surprise is that this shit doesn’t happen all the time given the number of guns and angry men this country has. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Well if he can’t be a boogieman from the left, then I’m sure he will just get written off as unrelated “mental health issues”. 

I think they will still actually go for the angle that this is due to the violent left rhetoric and just gaslight past it personally 

8 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I’ve said it before, but so much of security for VIPs is dependent upon obscurity. 

In 2002 or so Bill Clinton gave a speech at my college to a small crowd at a theater the school had built that year or the year before. A buddy of mine was a lighting tech at the theater and, oblivious to the events of the evening; went to go to the lighting board area to study like usual. He let himself in via one of the side doors with a key he had and on his way through the building rounded a corner and literally bumped into Bill Clinton. Had a talk with secret service and Clinton and his security who were apparently cool about the thing but were told nobody outside faculty had a key. 

And as someone who did liquor delivery around Boston in 2002, a year after 9/11, the biggest security hurdles I encountered as someone who routinely drove an unmarked van filled with cardboard boxes to the biggest buildings in the city, knowing where the loading dock was and the name of one company in the building was all that you needed in order to be let in, and that was only needed some of the time. 

I assume a 2002 ish Clinton doesn’t get as much juice as a running for President Trump. But honestly the real surprise is that this shit doesn’t happen all the time given the number of guns and angry men this country has. 

The security I experienced in 08 when candidate Obama visited my college was not obscure. At all. 

Probably different for regular vips though

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The security I experienced in 08 when candidate Obama visited my college was not obscure. At all. 

Probably different for regular vips though

I don’t mean that there’s none, that’s obviously untrue. But Trump has so many of these rallies in fields or places like where yesterday’s took place. They’re outdoors and there’s simply no way to secure every place where someone could have LOS to the podium. 

In a weird fluke, my family is in Rehoboth Beach where Biden was before shit happened yesterday. My mom went to church in town and Secret Service was there, presumably because Biden was going to mass or confession or something later that evening before plans changed. Nobody got stopped or searched, no metal detectors or anything. 

So who knows. 

• True 1

12 minutes ago, Siebzehn said:

spacer.png

Spiritual my butt.. Its just another angle..

had he died yesterday his ghost would have been too fat to even float.. “I did a bunch of bad things the last 75 years, but I repent now so we’re good now”

• Haha 1

Maybe he will drop out and tell all of his supporters to vote for Biden because he has had a change of heart and wants to spend the rest of his life enjoying what time he has left with his family.

• Haha 4
  • Sicko 1

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Maybe he will drop out and tell all of his supporters to vote for Biden because he has had a change of heart and wants to spend the rest of his life enjoying what time he has left with his family.

Second funniest timeline imo

• Haha 1
  • True 1

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

I wish, at that rate Ivanka better start hydrating… Deniro had a kid at 79, can the Orange Genetic Jackhammer get it done..

WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Two sources told NBC News that the Secret Service flagged a building near the rally site as a security concern. Investigators will be scrutinizing how a gunman was allowed to scale it.

The rooftop where a gunman shot at former President Donald Trump during a campaign rally was identified by the Secret Service as a potential vulnerability in the days before the event, two sources familiar with the agency’s operations told NBC News.

The building, owned by a glass research company, is adjacent to the Butler Farm Show, an outdoor venue in Butler, Pennsylvania. The Secret Service was aware of the risks associated with it, the sources said.

“Someone should have been on the roof or securing the building so no one could get on the roof,” said one of the sources, a former senior Secret Service agent who was familiar with the planning. 

Understanding how the gunman got onto the roof — despite those concerns — is a central question for investigators scrutinizing how a lone attacker managed to shoot at Trump during Saturday’s campaign event.

42 minutes ago, stepee said:

Please do this at the RNC at his keynote speech. 

Also I wouldn’t be shocked if he waited until then to have any public statements

• Hype 1

Ben Shapiro is a ridiculous clown person. What a bad faith idiot. 

The saddest thing about that worthless fuckstick is that he’s smart enough to know what he’s doing and does it anyway. 

• Halal 1

Donald Trump is more responsible for the current toxic political landscape then every other politician who has ever existed before put together. I’m so fucking sick of these pearl clutching republicans. Shut your idiot holes idiots. Shit the fuck up forever. If you support trump nothing you say has any value whatsoever. Fucking worthless grifting garbage people. 

• stepee 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 3

1 minute ago, ort said:

Donald Trump is more responsible for the current toxic political landscape then every other politician who has ever existed before put together. I’m so fucking sick of these pearl clutching republicans. Shut your idiot holes idiots. Shit the fuck up forever. If you support trump nothing you say has any value whatsoever. Fucking worthless grifting garbage people. 

So much for the tolerant left!

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, ort said:

"The tolerant left"

• Shocked 2