Shots fired at Trump rally (bullet clipped Trump’s ear)

20 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Interesting I voted in the 2000 Republican primary and do not remember having to register first. So not needing to may be just a Texas thing.

Texas is a state where you become registered automatically by the act of voting in a party’s primary. Many other states require a separate registration. 

23 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’m not sure if I’ve seen it mentioned here but apparently he donated $15 to act blue for whatever reason when he was 17 - this will be the retort against how he is a republican - and I hate it.

I saw that he donated to a progressive get out the vote organization. I think his motive will become more clear when they dig up some texts and social media. 

Just now, Massdriver said:

I saw that he donated to a progressive get out the vote organization. I think his motive will become more clear when they dig up some texts and social media. 

I believe that get out to vote organization was ActBlue. 

My wife’s family group chat this morning:

SIL

So there was an "attempted Trump assassination" at a rally. It feels like an incredibly obvious ploy. 3 shots, no collateral damage. But this is the beginning, folks. My American friends are terrified.
Watch the footage.

Yeah. So damn shady.

Wife

The current report from the Pennsylvania Attorney General is one rally attendee is dead and two more were seriously wounded, and the shooter was killed also. But you are right that this is likely to help his campaign.

SIL

Watch the footage. Trump does not appear surprised at all, or scared. Also the security reaction was nothing close to the legit reaction. Also, how the hell did someone get a gun into a closed rally?
Not trying to conspiracy, but this is the exact next step in the playbook.

MIL

What playbook?

Nibling

Make him look like a hero or that he’s brave to keep running. Plus since the Supreme Court ruling her could imply Biden called for the hit.

Turn Around No GIF by Sesame Street
Of course this is from the same SIL who told me I was a climate denier when I suggested the “climate catastrophe” wasn’t responsible for increasing volcanism and earthquakes. You always know when someone says “not trying to conspiracy”, that’s exactly what they are doing. 

• Sad 1
  • Halal 1

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:
WWW.SPECTATOR.CO.UK

When Ronald Reagan was shot in 1981, a doctor is said to have told him: ‘Today, Mr. President, we're all Republicans.’ Today, stand by Trump.

Oh ffs

Oh, in that case all we are expected to do in response to gun violence is send out one Tweet with "thoughts and prayers", a second snippier Tweet about not "making this moment about politics", and then immediately moving on?

• Halal 2

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I’m still betting as my pet theory that because he is allegedly a Republican, probably conspiracy minded but then saw trumps name come up many times in the recent Epstein files and snapped 

I’ve actually seen quite a few people say it’s probably this. Is there a basis for it or just the timing?

14 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

New news (to me at least) since last night:

The rifle belonged to the shooter's father 

Explosives were found in the shooter's car

Given the guy's seemingly attraction to gun culture, it would be possible that the explosives are just Tannerite.

15 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

Conservative conspiracy is that the gov already wiped his social media to control the narrative

5 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Oh, in that case all we are expected to do in response to gun violence is send out one Tweet with "thoughts and prayers", a second snippier Tweet about not "making this moment about politics", and then immediately moving on?

Yes.

8 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Well, if we are all MAGA that means Joe Biden is MAGA so if you believe in MAGA, vote for Joe.

• Haha 2
  • True 1
  • Hype 1

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

20240714_085552.jpg

The start of this guys wiki page is this:

Shaun Harper (born October 26, 1975) is an American scholar on diversity, equity, and inclusion in the United States. He is a liar and has proven to be so time and time again

lol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’ve actually seen quite a few people say it’s probably this. Is there a basis for it or just the timing?

I know there’s been a fake Twitter account allegedly credited to him with similar sounding motivations but again, this is just my theory

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I'm in Ft Worth at a community market situation with food, bbq, sauce vendors, etc and I've seen 0, absolutely no Trump things in this Republican twangy talk city.

Go to the Ft. Worth suburbs around Keller, Argyle, etc. 

Both candidates need to be very, very careful going forward.

I feel like there was a kind of bedrock assumption that security around a president was so good nowadays that something like this could never happen and so people didn't even try. Because with the amount of political vitriol and easy access to guns it just didn't make sense that this didn't happen more often.

I feel like the message certain people will take from this incident might be, "Wow, I didn't realize it would be that easy."

• True 1
  • Halal 1

Just now, Uaarkson said:

How do you “plan” to graze the guy’s ear? Either someone was trying to kill the guy or they weren’t 

Conspiracy Theory 101: When someone disproves your "theory" go one layer deeper.

"Clearly Trump had an ear squib."

2 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Conspiracy Theory 101: When someone disproves your "theory" go one layer deeper.

"Clearly Trump had an ear squib."

I was just thinking maybe he was supposed to hit the chest which would be a bullet proof vest and that explains the rest 

2 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Both candidates need to be very, very careful going forward.

I feel like there was a kind of bedrock assumption that security around a president was so good nowadays that something like this could never happen and so people didn't even try. Because with the amount of political vitriol and easy access to guns it just didn't make sense that this didn't happen more often.

I feel like the message certain people will take from this incident might be, "Wow, I didn't realize it would be that easy."

Looking over the Wikipedia page for attempts against Obama and Bush it’s clear that many attempts have just been dumb luck or the guys were clearly out of their league when they got caught