Shots fired at Trump rally (bullet clipped Trump’s ear)

26 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Reddit has found his voter registration. Republican. I’m also a registered Republican though so that doesn’t mean much on its own. 

Yeah, but the dude is 20. It's not like he voted McCain and Romney and then just never bothered to change his affiliation.

Trying to pin down these shooters alignment is usually a fool's errand. They turn out to be, like, pro-gay, anti-vax, virulently anti-Trans but also have social media photos of themselves in drag....

If those Secret Service snipers were able to take out the shooter within seconds, how did they let him get off a shot in the first place?

”Gee, what’s this guy on the roof doing with a rifle pointed at the podium?”

I have no idea where they source this from, I just know it’s from market analysts who also do “chance of rate cuts” and other things, but it’s worth noting that the prior one, iirc, had it basically even (49/51 or something).

IMG-9179.jpg

I’m sorry I’m even posting this but the handful thinking this won’t help the GOP in the immediate need a reality check. The actual question you should ask is if the bump lasts ~4 months.

• Spork3245 changed the title to Shots fired at Trump rally (bullet clipped Trump’s ear)
5 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

My deeply cynical side cannot help but imagine that there aren't at least a few Democratic campaign strategists who are a bit envious right about now.

"Never let a good crisis go to waste" wasn't that Rahm Emmanuel who said that?

• Halal 1

well, it just feels like we’re locked into the timeline where we have to survive another Trump presidency

everyone seems to be passing away.. Cpt Holt, Chandler, OJ, Tobey Keith, Donald Southerland, Richard Simmons, hell just today Shannen Doherty..  but Trump persists, like a National STD..

this incident just keeps upping the temperature for the election, I hate to be negative but some of those voting places are going to become hot zones and potentially even more dangerous than they were already going to be.. next 6 months are going to be hellacious… nevermind the next 4 years

the shooter being a disenfranchised Republican is irrelevant to the conversation, he has served Trump well…

7 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

well, it just feels like we’re locked into the timeline where we have to survive another Trump presidency

everyone seems to be passing away.. Cpt Holt, Chandler, OJ, Tobey Keith, Donald Southerland, Richard Simmons, hell just today Shannen Doherty..  but Trump persists, like a National STD..

this incident just keeps upping the temperature for the election, I hate to be negative but some of those voting places are going to become hot zones and potentially even more dangerous than they were already going to be.. next 6 months are going to be hellacious… nevermind the next 4 years

the shooter being a disenfranchised Republican is irrelevant to the conversation, he has served Trump well…

I shit you not, this is how I found out Shannon Doherty died.

• True 1

8 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Reddit has found his voter registration. Republican. I’m also a registered Republican though so that doesn’t mean much on its own. 

don’t you just have to have votes in a Republican primary to be registered? 

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

On the plus side this ends the "Joe Biden is old" news cycle.

on the downside it stops the talk about project 2025

1 minute ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

No, in Pennsylvania you actually have to register as a member of a political party on the registration form order to vote in the primary.

2 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

on the downside it stops the talk about project 2025

That is the absolutely worst aspect of this entire situation and I hope to Shiva that the Democrats don't fall into the trap of shutting up about it in the cause of "civility" or something.

• True 1

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

No, in Pennsylvania you actually have to register as a member of a political party on the registration form order to vote in the primary.

That is the absolutely worst aspect of this entire situation and I hope to Shiva that the Democrats don't fall into the trap of shutting up about it in the cause of "civility" or something.

Excuse me sir but this is not the time for petty politics

what’s that, the rnc will go on as planned and will probably have bits regarding the violent nature of the democrats?? 

10 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

5 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

That’s the way it is in most states. If you live in a deeply red state like I do, it’s best to register as a Republican so you can vote in their primaries and try to help them put their best foot forward. Even though you’re not going to vote for them in the general election. Happily (somewhat), in my district the uber chuds for most federal and state offices (Gov, US Senate, AG) in our most recent primary all lost.

On the one hand, I am glad the shooter wasn't trans or a person of colour (as I think that would have resulted in hate incidents). On the other...I think that most people voting for Trump won't care if he was a Maga type that went off the rails. They'll just say it's fake news, he was a plant from Biden, etc.

I’m not sure if I’ve seen it mentioned here but apparently he donated $15 to act blue for whatever reason when he was 17 - this will be the retort against how he is a republican - and I hate it.

Stealing from resetera:

When reached by CNN late Saturday night, Crooks' father, Matthew Crooks, said he was trying to figure out "what the hell is going on" but would "wait until I talk to law enforcement" before speaking about his son.

20 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

That’s the way it is in most states. If you live in a deeply red state like I do, it’s best to register as a Republican so you can vote in their primaries and try to help them put their best foot forward. Even though you’re not going to vote for them in the general election. Happily (somewhat), in my district the uber chuds for most federal and state offices (Gov, US Senate, AG) in our most recent primary all lost.

There are democrats in Omaha who register Republican so they can attempt to fuck up the primaries when it's a close race between like a trumper and a more traditional republican. 

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Stealing from resetera:

When reached by CNN late Saturday night, Crooks' father, Matthew Crooks, said he was trying to figure out "what the hell is going on" but would "wait until I talk to law enforcement" before speaking about his son.

My father in Christ don’t talk to law enforcement get a damn lawyer

• True 1

5 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

My father in Christ don’t talk to law enforcement get a damn lawyer

They IDed the shooter through the gun which is the registered to the father. Yeah, he needs to lawyer up. 

• Shocked 1