Shots fired at Trump rally (bullet clipped Trump’s ear)

1 minute ago, TUFKAK said:

From 130 iron sights should’ve been sufficient.

Yes.  But if you know you are going to die in infamy might as well put another $500 on your credit card to get a decent scope.  

This story is just crazy

I mean, there is literally a video of people shouting that there is a guy on the roof with a gun. Seems incredibly likely that the man who was interviewed gave a very accurate account of how this went down.

Unbelievable 

• Shocked 1
  • True 2

Just now, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Why do I feel like this only helped Trump. 

Because that's exactly what happened.

People who think assassinations hurt their opponents are the biggest idiots in all of politics.  It only hardens the resolve of your adversaries.  Rightfully so.

@Commissar SFLUFAN

I was thinking about this the other day and there was no good topic to bring it up in. This is the next best thing.

Do you think in this information age it is possible to not have a high profile gunman's name revealed ever? I only ask because some of the people who were involved with Peter Tosh's death were never identified by name. It's crazy to me how after 37 years this information could be kept secret.

In this event, how long do you think they could have kept it secret? Someone would have found out.

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@Commissar SFLUFAN

I was thinking about this the other day and there was no good topic to bring it up in. This is the next best thing.

Do you think in this information age it is possible to not have a high profile gunman's name revealed ever? I only ask because some of the people who were involved with Peter Tosh's death were never identified by name. It's crazy to me how after 37 years this information could be kept secret.

In this event, how long do you think they could have kept it secret? Someone would have found out.

No, I simply do not believe that's even remotely possible.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Shooter had no ID on him. FBI is trying toverify his ID by other means.

And didn't Secret Service blow his head off? Or at least fuck his face up extremely bad?

40 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Yes.  But if you know you are going to die in infamy might as well put another $500 on your credit card to get a decent scope.  

This story is just crazy

Not to encourage political violence, because I am not trying to see this country turn into a banana republic, but the dude could've done this with a Bass Pro Shop deer hunter package at that price and with a scope.

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

You're right, and I'm sorry.  But seriously, I'm scared as hell.  What are the consequences going to be regarding this? If the shooter turns out to be a minority, are we going to see waves of violence against those groups?

If the early reports or photos are true, the shooter looks like a scrawny 20 year old white kid. That’s probably the best we could ask for in this situation. White people will just brush him off as one of the crazies that slipped through the cracks. Just try not to think about it. It’s out of our control and we’re along for the ride. I don’t picture a lot of horrible things happening from this. If anything, it’s going to be a major annoyance because this is all we’re going to hear about for months. Trump will use it to his advantage I’m sure. Most of it is all just going to be noise. Loud annoying noise leading up to election time. We’ll still all be here.

• Hugs 2

2 minutes ago, ApatheticSarcasm said:

Not to encourage political violence, because I am not trying to see this country turn into a banana republic, but the dude could've done this with a Bass Pro Shop deer hunter package at that price and with a scope.

Don't forget that political assassins in America simply haven't had a good record over the last 40 years.  Reagan survived.  Trump survived.  Hell, a whole group of Republican Congressmen survived the shooting at baseball practice.

6 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Don't forget that political assassins in America simply haven't had a good record over the last 40 years.  Reagan survived.  Trump survived.  Hell, a whole group of Republican Congressmen survived the shooting at baseball practice.

I remember when I heard about Hodgkinson trying to kill them, but it felt like he chose poorly with that SKS.

I'm reminded of this scene from Full Metal Jacket

5 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I can’t watch or read the news. Can’t stand seeing that photo everywhere. It’s going to be everywhere for the indefinite future. Like he’s some sort of fucking hero and not a pathetic wannabe tyrant. 

This country makes me sick.

NYT used one of the better pictures for their editorial. 

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Any attempt to resolve an election through violence is abhorrent.