Shots fired at Trump rally (bullet clipped Trump’s ear)

1 hour ago, ort said:

(I know, I know) Fox News seems to be going all in with the dogwhistles and wink wink subtext that the assassination attempt was a government setup.

Expect that every Trumper will 100% believe that Biden tried to have Trump killed. That is going to be the accepted truth for like 25% of the country.

Fuck em. Let them believe their bullshit, it’s never gonna change.

13 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Remember when people cared about this?

Now all people can talk about is Kamala.

And then people will stop talking about Harris too. The honeymoon stage will be over soon. 

8 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Soon we'll be talking about the Olympics for two weeks

Yep. News comes and goes so fast.

5 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Then the Democratic convention

Them this will dominate the news. I'm personally looking forward to the convention. 

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Best said:

And then people will stop talking about Harris too. The honeymoon stage will be over soon. 

Yeah, the difference is someone tried to kill one of these people. It should theoretically be a big deal but now it's like "ah who cares," and everyone moved on.

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah, the difference is someone tried to kill one of these people. It should theoretically be a big deal but now it's like "ah who cares," and everyone moved on.

It's still being talked about on the right. Was it a conspiracy etc.

But yes, Biden dropping out caused a big shift in news and rightfully so. 

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Once everyone found out it was a right wing young white dude people couldn’t move fast enough from it. Thankfully 

• True 1
  • Halal 1

2 minutes ago, Best said:

It's still being talked about on the right. Was it a conspiracy etc.

But yes, Biden dropping out caused a big shift in news and rightfully so. 

I think it's being talked about in conspiracy circles on BOTH sides of the aisle... The Right is trying to figure out how to attack Kamala. Coincidientally, A friend of mine who I would definitely describe as being on the "radical Left" side of things (he HATES Kamala and has before she even became the nominee) hit me last night and said he was hearing "through the grapevine" that Biden was going to resign last night in his address. Conspirarists on the ideological fringes  don't live in the same reality as most people. They just don't.

• True 1

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I think it's being talked about in conspiracy circles on BOTH sides of the aisle... The Right is trying to figure out how to attack Kamala. Coincidientally, A friend of mine who I would definitely describe as being on the "radical Left" side of things (he HATES Kamala and has before she even became the nominee) hit me last night and said he was hearing "through the grapevine" that Biden was going to resign last night in his address. Conspirarists on the ideological fringes  don't live in the same reality as most people. They just don't.

Ask them to draw a picture of the grapevine to see what they think that is 

1 minute ago, SuperSpreader said:

Seth Meyers Ok GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Tbf it’s not popping here like you’d think it would be. Hotel prices have apparently dropped as not as many people turned up as expected. Every uber driver is bemoaning that it’s actually been worse than normal for them due to the complications and there not being an influx of riders to make up for it. 

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Tbf it’s not popping here like you’d think it would be. Hotel prices have apparently dropped as not as many people turned up as expected. Every uber driver is bemoaning that it’s actually been worse than normal for them due to the complications and there not being an influx of riders to make up for it. 

Charlie Day Ok GIF

3 hours ago, stepee said:

Once everyone found out it was a right wing young white dude people couldn’t move fast enough from it. Thankfully 

It was also an issue that the GOP couldn't really "take yes for an answer" on, as the saying goes.

They are who they are, and it would have done nothing but hurt them with their ghoulish base if Trump had called for unity, and to calm down the rhetoric, and try to bring the country together. 

Chris Christie is STILL hated because he dared be seen in a photo with Obama that one time. That's who their party is now.

They were hoping that Trump would get the 9/11 bounce or whatever from this happening. And now that it hasn't it's been like the worst of both worlds for them. They waited 2 weeks and THEN started whining about it. It just looks so craven.

I saw a Fox News host a couple days ago say something like, "Yeah, but why aren't we talking about the assassination attempt more?!".

Uhhhh, because it's not a fucking electoral issue? I get that real politick says you get some kind of bump from something like that....but it's not like people are sitting around the kitchen table and discussing inflation, abortion, taxes, and Donald Trump getting nicked on the ear! In the context of the election what exactly about the assassination attempt are we supposed to be talking about?

It just comes across as desperate. They tried to play it a little straight for the first week or two, but now they are trying to circle back around and react more like we originally expected to Trump to act and FORCE everybody to give him brownie points.

Since the aftermath of the incident showed that this is something that the voting public surprisingly is pretty shrewd about(about 50% said the main cause was split evenly between the GOP'S own rhetoric or just the shooter being a nut) I think their initial reaction was probably the right one and I an not sure what they hope to gain by doubling back like this. Maybe they just figure catering to conspiracy theorists is always good for them in some way...

• Halal 1

3 hours ago, MarSolo said:

I just want to say AGAIN I was right on how fast everyone would move on from one of the most hated men in America getting shot at.

I moved on in just a few hours. Took my precautions then moved on with my life.

My pride symbols are back on my scrubs though.