Shots fired at Trump rally (bullet clipped Trump’s ear)

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Holy shit was THAT a shit show... I learned my lesson about real-time internet reporting from THIS specific event right here.

I got a peek at that during the last World Cup.. Grant Wahl (US futbol journalist) had a run-in with authorities in Qatar about wearing an LGBTQ shirt.. shortly after he passed away and everyone immediately took the narrative that he passed as a result of a conspiracy.. even a Wahl family member suggested this narrative on social media… definitely taking a wait and see attitude with the “facts” that the masses report

8 hours ago, Best said:

I just saw this. What are your thoughts on this?

It’s idiotic. He was moving people from where they aren’t supposed to be, he didn’t run to Trump when shots were fired because his location for the detail and incident response orders were likely to secure the area and/or secure an exit path. USSS closer to Trump’s position immediately dove on him.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

It’s idiotic. He was moving people from where they aren’t supposed to be, he didn’t run to Trump when shots were fired because his location for the detail and incident response orders were likely to secure the area and/or secure an exit path. USSS closer to Trump’s position immediately dove on him.

If you say so. I still think Hunter was behind all of this. 

Spoiler

:p

On 7/18/2024 at 8:41 PM, Best said:

I just saw this. What are your thoughts on this?

It’s nothing.  

Armchair detectives like this bug the shit out of me.  If someone analyzed you under a microscope, the most uneventful day of your life would be filled with moments of absurdity and nonsense that take on some sinister meaning by pure chance.  Honestly think about what it would mean if this was an inside job and this guy was in on it.  Why is he directing a handful of random schmucks away from the bullets?  What does he care?  

• True 1
  • Halal 1

I honestly don’t know how the Secret Service as presently conceived can survive given this failure and the absolute fucking shenanigans that followed January 6th. Burn the whole thing down and use the ashes to fertilize something new.

• Halal 1

WWW.THEDAILYBEAST.COM

Months or even years later, the Trump campaign still hasn't paid some local departments for the overtime pay they earned after working his rallies.

I don’t blame the Secret Service.

I blame Trump more for never paying his fucking bills, which is why no arenas rent to him anymore, and why he has to do rallies in the middle of Bumblefuck PA and not a secured location.

• Halal 3

40 minutes ago, MarSolo said:
WWW.THEDAILYBEAST.COM

Months or even years later, the Trump campaign still hasn't paid some local departments for the overtime pay they earned after working his rallies.

I don’t blame the Secret Service.

I blame Trump more for never paying his fucking bills, which is why no arenas rent to him anymore, and why he has to do rallies in the middle of Bumblefuck PA and not a secured location.

I knew this had to be a factor.

Right Wing Tik Tok is full of people either "asking questions" or just downright claiming with complete authority that the assassination attempt was a deep state conspiracy. I guarantee to you that your run-of-the-mill Trumper right now fully believes that the government tried to kill Trump and is covering it up.

It doesn't help that (for once) the facts as they exist are fishy as hell and there should be a lot of questions asked.

There are also Left Wingers who think it was a Trump setup to make him look good.

• True 1

1 hour ago, ort said:

Right Wing Tik Tok is full of people either "asking questions" or just downright claiming with complete authority that the assassination attempt was a deep state conspiracy. I guarantee to you that your run-of-the-mill Trumper right now fully believes that the government tried to kill Trump and is covering it up.

It doesn't help that (for once) the facts as they exist are fishy as hell and there should be a lot of questions asked.

There are also Left Wingers who think it was a Trump setup to make him look good.

Social media and the Joe Rogans of the world love absolutely nothing more than JAQing off; the only winning move is not to play.

• Haha 1

As the initial reports came in yeah I thought it was an extremely cynical setup by Trumps people but after like the first couple of reports I changed my opinion. I get the initial thought for sure. But to stay there now? No way

PUBLICINTEGRITY.ORG

This story was published in partnership with NBC News and CNBC. “Do we love law enforcement or what?” President Donald Trump asked a cheering crowd during his “Make America Great Again” political rally Oct. 12 in Lebanon, Ohio.   “Thank you, law enforcement!” the president later told officers, who he called “heroes.” But when Lebanon City Hall sent […]

WWW.BBC.COM

Bodycam video shows the immediate aftermath of the Trump shooting on the rooftop where the gunman was killed.

Bodycam footage captured shortly after the attempted assassination of Donald Trump shows Secret Service and local law enforcement officers near the lifeless body of the gunman.

A trail of blood can be seen near the body of the deceased gunman, identified as 20-year-old Thomas Matthew Crooks, who was able to fire at the former president from a roof overlooking the outdoor rally in Pennsylvania 10 days ago.

The blood trail confuses me a bit - was he able to drag himself for a bit before expiring or was his body moved by the LEOs?

6 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
WWW.BBC.COM

Bodycam video shows the immediate aftermath of the Trump shooting on the rooftop where the gunman was killed.

The blood trail confuses me a bit - was he able to drag himself for a bit before expiring or was his body moved by the LEOs?

Isn't it just the blood from his wounds going down the slanted roof? It doesn't look dragged, it looks like a leak

• Halal 1

On 7/18/2024 at 4:00 PM, mclumber1 said:

It's like the time Reddit tried to solve the Boston marathon bombing

On 7/18/2024 at 7:24 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

Holy shit was THAT a shit show... I learned my lesson about real-time internet reporting from THIS specific event right here.

I remember that one user Kaitlyn/K_B here trying to solve it. I remember specifically because I said something like, 'Hey, I know everyone's talking about another bomb, but I haven't seen anything official. Maybe we shouldn't talk about it until it's confirmed,' and KB said something like, 'The other bomb has been all but confirmed.'

Well, it wasn't. 

• Halal 1

28 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I remember that one user Kaitlyn/K_B here trying to solve it. I remember specifically because I said something like, 'Hey, I know everyone's talking about another bomb, but I haven't seen anything official. Maybe we shouldn't talk about it until it's confirmed,' and KB said something like, 'The other bomb has been all but confirmed.'

Well, it wasn't. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVrLXEGZEzT4o8wY_OWG6

6 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Wouldn't it be flowing in the wrong direction if that was the case?

No, the roof is slanted downward in that direction. The building  has a triangle at the top, with sloping roofs on both sides leading to a point. Blood was flowing down one side.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, ort said:
PUBLICINTEGRITY.ORG

This story was published in partnership with NBC News and CNBC. “Do we love law enforcement or what?” President Donald Trump asked a cheering crowd during his “Make America Great Again” political rally Oct. 12 in Lebanon, Ohio.   “Thank you, law enforcement!” the president later told officers, who he called “heroes.” But when Lebanon City Hall sent […]

Him traveling to that rally made me have to stay at work an extra 20 minutes.  His motorcade went down I-71, my office overlooked I-71 and the police boxed in the parking lot until his motorcade cleared.  I subtle flipped off his motorcade as he went past because I'm a badass, but not enough of one to be obvious enough to lose my job, the job that I left 6 months later.

Like 20 years ago when I lived in DC I recall getting delayed by motorcades all the time. DC is the most annoying city to get around. There is ALWAYS stuff happening everywhere. Dignitaries, shutdowns, events, marathons, shootings, etc... it was almost comical.

(I know, I know) Fox News seems to be going all in with the dogwhistles and wink wink subtext that the assassination attempt was a government setup.

Expect that every Trumper will 100% believe that Biden tried to have Trump killed. That is going to be the accepted truth for like 25% of the country.