Shots fired at Trump rally (bullet clipped Trump’s ear)

So was it a bullet that clipped him? I read somewhere that a bullet hit his teleprompter and a piece of flying debris cut his ear. For some reason that feels more correct than a bullet missing him by 1/4 of an inch but who knows. If it was debris that does take some of his coolness factor away. 

Am I the only one concerned that this guy's face is being plastered everywhere? Really feel like we probably shouldn't be giving so much media attention to someone that fits the demographic of your typical mass/school shooters looking to end themselves in notorious ways.

40 minutes ago, ort said:

So was it a bullet that clipped him? I read somewhere that a bullet hit his teleprompter and a piece of flying debris cut his ear. For some reason that feels more correct than a bullet missing him by 1/4 of an inch but who knows. If it was debris that does take some of his coolness factor away. 

I don't think that was confirmed (teleprompter) and was only a guess based on how minor his injury seemed. Being grazed by a bullet is something that happens.

WWW.CNN.COM

MSNBC will not air “Morning Joe,” its celebrated politics roundtable program, on Monday, opting to instead air continued breaking news coverage of the attempted assassination of former President Donald Trump.

A person familiar with the matter told CNN that the decision was made to avoid a scenario in which one of the show’s stable of two dozen-plus guests might make an inappropriate comment on live television that could be used to assail the program and network as a whole. Given the breaking news nature of the story, the person said, it made more sense to continue airing rolling breaking news coverage in the fraught political moment.

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

We don't trust our employees to not say something stupid, so we cancelled it for the day.

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, ort said:

Yes. He was hit by a bullet

6 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:
WWW.CNN.COM

MSNBC will not air “Morning Joe,” its celebrated politics roundtable program, on Monday, opting to instead air continued breaking news coverage of the attempted assassination of former President Donald Trump.

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

We don't trust our employees to not say something stupid, so we cancelled it for the day.

They fully expect a “We almost had him, folks!” From Bloviating Joe. 

11 minutes ago, chakoo said:

I don't think that was confirmed and was only a guess based on how minor his injury seemed. Being grazed by a bullet is something that happens.

NYT has high speed video of the shot. It was definitely a bullet.

1 minute ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Not an MSNBC fan or anything but I think that actually speaks to their character. You know Fox (and by extension definitely not NewsMax and that other one I don't care to remember the name of) wouldn't be doing that.

I'm pretty sure Fox News had guests speculating that Paul Pelosi and his attacker were lovers, I could be wrong and that could have been different places that aired that little gem.

• Halal 3

1 minute ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Not an MSNBC fan or anything but I think that actually speaks to their character. You know Fox (and by extension definitely not NewsMax and that other one I don't care to remember the name of) wouldn't be doing that.

Are you highlighting their lack of character?

2 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Jesse watters has already started on his propaganda. One thing he said is you should just ignore that he was a registered Republican! Fun!

10 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

NYT has high speed video of the shot. It was definitely a bullet.

Clarification. I was saying the teleprompter part was just guesses. I do believe he was hit/grazed by a bullet.

Probably the first sober analysis I’ve seen. To pretend this wasn’t stoked to a raging fire by the Grand Old Party is not going to get us anywhere. The DNC absolutely didn’t do anything to lower the temperature. I mean Biden called for a bullseye on Trump, and even though we (same people) know he didn’t mean he wanted Trump shot, it only takes a single depressed, confused, angry young man with a gun to misinterpret and internalize that into attempting to assassinate a politician. 

But to pretend the levels of rhetoric are equal isn’t helpful to anyone. 

• Haha 1

America used to have substantially more political violence than today despite there never being a time where more frequent and large scale pronouncements of violent rhetoric were bandied about due to our current media and technology landscape.

It is part of what makes the assassination attempts we do see in modern times so shocking.

The cultish fervor for Trump is what makes the current moment feel different though. I genuinely think we would have seen large gatherings of gun toting Trump supporters in the streets of major cities all over the country had the attempt been successful 

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

Am I the only one concerned that this guy's face is being plastered everywhere? Really feel like we probably shouldn't be giving so much media attention to someone that fits the demographic of your typical mass/school shooters looking to end themselves in notorious ways.

This is precisely why these lunatics do what they do. This kid will be in the history books forever. He accomplished his goal to some extent. 

So have we confirmed that is Assasination attempt was indeed politically motivated or was it motivated by a desperate need for attention and mental illness? Does the fact that a man running for President was targeted automatically make it poltical? How does the shooter's plotical affiliation being the same as his target affect this determination? Do we know that the shooter actually heard Biden's comments about "putting a bullseye on Trump" and that led to him actually targeting him? Does the easy access to highpowered weapons by the mentally ill have ANY place in this conversation yet???? I have questions!

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

So have we confirmed that is Assasination attempt was indeed politically motivated or was it motivated by a desperate need for attention and mental illness? Does the fact that a man running for President was targeted automatically make it poltical? How does the shooter's plotical affiliation being the same as his target affect this determination? Do we know that the shooter actually heard Biden's comments about "putting a bullseye on Trump" and that led to him actually targeting him? Does the easy access to highpowered weapons by the mentally ill have ANY place in this conversation yet???? I have questions!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yes