Hallelujah

Brian

13 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Es ist Jürgen-Zeit!

God that would be great, but I wouldn't get my hopes up - depending on reports he made anywhere from $15-24 million a year at Liverpool, and US Soccer simply cannot pay that on its own. Hopefully they can leverage some media partners the same way MLS did to lure Messi, but unless the allure/glamour of managing the US at a home World Cup truly resonates with him (which could go either way since he isn't nearly as egotistical as most managers) I don't see him taking the job.

• True 1

13 minutes ago, Chris- said:

God that would be great, but I wouldn't get my hopes up - depending on reports he made anywhere from $15-24 million a year at Liverpool, and US Soccer simply cannot pay that on its own. Hopefully they can leverage some media partners the same way MLS did to lure Messi, but unless the allure/glamour of managing the US at a home World Cup truly resonates with him (which could go either way since he isn't nearly as egotistical as most managers) I don't see him taking the job.

It's absolutely a long shot wrapped in a pipe dream, but at least it's not totally beyond the realm of possibility!

• 1 month later...