Nintendo is definitely doing a new Famcom Mystery Club

stepee

It’s certainly a very strange reveal for Nintendo. Not their usual style. As someone pointed out on resetera since it has its own actual page on Nintendo.jp it is likely first party published, whatever it is.

2 minutes ago, Best said:

I'm being serious. 

Well, I honestly don't know. But when I arrive at Nintendo Headquarters tomorrow for work I will ask the marketing department. 

Nintendo marches to their own drummer. They probably wanna milk every last dollar they can get from the OG Switch. Once they announce the Switch 2 gamers will undoubtably slow down from buying OG games.

• Halal 1

5 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Well, I honestly don't know. But when I arrive at Nintendo Headquarters tomorrow for work I will ask the marketing department. 

Nintendo marches to their own drummer. They probably wanna milk every last dollar they can get from the OG Switch. Once they announce the Switch 2 gamers will undoubtably slow down from buying OG games.

Ok that's what I was thinking too. Nintendo is in such a good spot compared to Microsoft and Sony. 

14 minutes ago, Biggie said:

It’s all about the games. If they had the games they think could set a new system on fire this year, it would probably be this year. My guess is 3D Mario and whatever else they want for launch is taking a bit more to bake cuz pandemic but it happens in March.

• Hype 1

• stepee changed the title to Nintendo is definitely doing a new Famcom Mystery Club

Interesting. And it’s coming soon! I did a search for those remakes just a couple weeks ago, wondering if they had ever gone on sale (looks like they haven’t).

I generally have a hard time with these visual  novel-type games. The basic premise of this reminds me of Paranormasight, which I bought when it made a splash last year, but ended up barely playing it. 

• 1 month later...

For those who haven't seen. A demo came out on Monday with Chapter 1 which will get follow-up chapters on August 22 & August 27.

Visually the game has a nice sense of polish for a VN but overall all the horror element feels quite tame so far but to be fair I'm currently playing through PARANORMASIGHT.

WWW.NINTENDO.COM

Buy PARANORMASIGHT: The Seven Mysteries of Honjo and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store Canada.