Is there any otherwise unappetizing food that is transformed by a certain context?

sblfilms

43 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Ended up in the food court for lunch and went hard in the paint on some bourbon chicken with lo mein. Exquisite. 

IMG-0969

Wow, it really is the exact same kind of bourbon chicken! That could come from my mall!

• stepee 1

5 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Took my fam to the mall so I could pick up the laptop at the Apple Store that the wife and I bought for our middle son now that he’s starting his University of Houston classes.

Ended up in the food court for lunch and went hard in the paint on some bourbon chicken with lo mein. Exquisite. 

IMG-0969

This kid. He is the sweetest of our children and was very thankful to get an upgrade over the like…2016ish MacBook Air he’s been using. Guy never complains, he’s just like his mother.

IMG-0971

nerd-homer-simpson.gif 

• Haha 1
  • True 1

My contribution is as follow: Go to your local grocer/Wally World/Target, look for 'Garlic Butter Ranch' and commence to pouring it over just about damn near ANYTHING, this sauce is liquid crack & elevates all other foods it touches. 

On 8/19/2024 at 10:40 PM, Kal-El814 said:

I’d never eat funnel cake anywhere other than a fair. 

I HATE that nowhere sells funnel cake as a regular item. I love that shit. I would get it all the time.

I saw this topic and immediately thought of sushi. I know this is a more personal thing as many will disagree. But I generally can't stand fish. Flavor, texture, smell, the whole experience. However, sushi has so many other things going on with it that really masks the unpleasant bits for me. I view it as more of a rice dish than a seafood dish. 

24 minutes ago, Joe said:

Am I the only one that has never heard of bourbon chicken?

For what it's worth, I know I've heard of it in passing, MAYBE seen it on a menu a couple of times, but otherwise I couldn't tell you where to get some in town if you held a gun against my head. 

• Haha 1

On 8/27/2024 at 10:59 PM, Bacon said:

I HATE that nowhere sells funnel cake as a regular item. I love that shit. I would get it all the time.

I mean have you ever snagged a frozen Monkey Bread? Very disappointing to say the least, especially when you've had made fresh! Dough is an active living thing, in a way, a frozen funnel cake would be like Harrison Ford in Return of the Jedi! 😂🤣🤣😂

1 minute ago, SoberChef said:

I mean have you ever snagged a frozen Monkey Bread? Very disappointing to say the least, especially when you've had made fresh! Dough is an active living thing, in a way, a frozen funnel cake would be like Harrison Ford in Return of the Jedi! 😂🤣🤣😂

I mean like from a donut/sweets shop or a dessert option from any restaurant, not frozen.

• Halal 1