Which flavor of DNC dysfunction would you prefer?

Which should the party of self-sabotage and bedwetting do?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. They should...

• Keep ridin' with Biden
    • Anoint Madame President Harris
    • Open/Brokered Convention

10 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:
  • Ride with Biden
  • Win
  • Pardon Hunter
  • Pardon Laptop
  • Pardon minor Drug Offences
  • Forgive more debts
  • Resign and retire
  • Kamala becomes Pres
  • Open house for 2028, find newer fresher blood

love u

Whatever ends up happening, I feel like every election cycle makes it increasingly obvious that the forever election cycle in the US is a terrible idea.

Can you imagine how different it would be if we got 6 weeks like the Brits and we didn't even start this until September?

• Halal 5

I don't think Biden is up to finishing his term let alone doing it while campaigning and then serving four more years. He sent a letter to respond to people being worried he can't string 2 sentences together while speaking should say it all. 

• Thanks 1

I'm now back to Ride or Die w/ Biden

#1. He's made it clear he's not stepping down without an ugly drawn out fight.

#2. Harris has to keep acting like everything is fine until he does step down, and then she's gonna get dogged with "how long did you know he was bad while pretending he wasn't?"

I’ve been a staunch ride or die with Biden supporter, but with each passing day, I find myself more in the Harris camp. Politics is all about optics and often defined by moments, and rightly or wrongly, I think this is a defining moment that has no way back for the Biden campaign.

Biden, even at his best polling, is often a toss up with Trump. I think this election and maybe most elections going forward have a big ‘not the opposing candidate’ cohort and lucky for Democrats this cycle, Donald Trump is probably the most ‘not the opposing candidate’ in recent political history. I think that means whether it be Biden or Harris, those voters are locked in on the Dem ticket, because it’s not Trump. I also don’t entirely subscribe to the idea of a swing voter, at least not to the degree that they are the determinative voters in presidential elections. I think in our current political climate, it’s all about turning out your base. And fortunately for Democrats, they have a much bigger base. It’s just about getting them out there.

I don’t think Biden gets the base out more than Harris does. To be fair, I’m not sure Harris gets the Democratic base out more than Biden. But I am so fearful of another RBG scenario, if Democrats run Biden and he loses, I’ll always wonder what if. If they run Harris and she loses, at least I’ll feel like an effort was made to do everything reasonably possible to secure a victory.

A bigger issue, and a conversation for a different time, is where do Democrats go in 2028, because they likely won’t have the luxury of running against Trump. He’ll either term out, or be old and hopefully dead. So the candidate will matter, and I don’t believe Harris is that candidate in an all things being equal election.

• stepee 1
  • True 1

31 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

A bigger issue, and a conversation for a different time, is where do Democrats go in 2028, because they likely won’t have the luxury of running against Trump. He’ll either term out, or be old and hopefully dead. So the candidate will matter, and I don’t believe Harris is that candidate in an all things being equal election.

I would love to find this out as well, but we gotta make it to 2028 first. :p 

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

I would love to find this out as well, but we gotta make it to 2028 first. :p 

Assuming Harris takes over and win, she would be it until the 2032 cycle. 

2 hours ago, osxmatt said:

I’ve been a staunch ride or die with Biden supporter, but with each passing day, I find myself more in the Harris camp. Politics is all about optics and often defined by moments, and rightly or wrongly, I think this is a defining moment that has no way back for the Biden campaign.

Biden, even at his best polling, is often a toss up with Trump. I think this election and maybe most elections going forward have a big ‘not the opposing candidate’ cohort and lucky for Democrats this cycle, Donald Trump is probably the most ‘not the opposing candidate’ in recent political history. I think that means whether it be Biden or Harris, those voters are locked in on the Dem ticket, because it’s not Trump. I also don’t entirely subscribe to the idea of a swing voter, at least not to the degree that they are the determinative voters in presidential elections. I think in our current political climate, it’s all about turning out your base. And fortunately for Democrats, they have a much bigger base. It’s just about getting them out there.

I don’t think Biden gets the base out more than Harris does. To be fair, I’m not sure Harris gets the Democratic base out more than Biden. But I am so fearful of another RBG scenario, if Democrats run Biden and he loses, I’ll always wonder what if. If they run Harris and she loses, at least I’ll feel like an effort was made to do everything reasonably possible to secure a victory.

I saw it pointed out today that Biden is underperforming the key Senate candidates, and looking back this was happening even before the debate. And it doesn't really make sense to depend on the downballot to try to drag the top of the ballot along when people might show up for those Senate races and just not vote for president.

46 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

Assuming Harris takes over and win, she would be it until the 2032 cycle. 

A big assumption, but true. Though I do think she'd be unpopular enough in attempting a bid in 2028 that serious challengers would come to potentially dethrone her incumbency for a 2028 run. But assuming Harris doesn't take over, which is the far more likely case, 2028 is a completely open field, hopefully a young candidate with energy shows up. I dunno if that's AOC anymore but there's a real opportunity in 2028. We just have to survive one more Trump onslaught because Trump ain't making it to 2028.

• Halal 1

I see Shapiro going for the crown in 2028. He’s got that Obama energy to the point where I heard both him and Obama speak during the 2022 gubernatorial race on a podcast and couldn’t tell you who was who for a short while.

Welp, we might be near the beginning of the end of this fracas:  the CBC is giving Biden a full-throated endorsement.

WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

With President Biden once again on the political ropes, some Black House members appear ready to rally behind the embattled chief executive, in an embrace that will significantly...

If you’re a Dem, you don’t cross the CBC.

I kinda expect calls for Biden to step down to recede a bit now, but am prepared to be wrong.

10 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Welp, we might be near the beginning of the end of this fracas:  the CBC is giving Biden a full-throated endorsement.

WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

With President Biden once again on the political ropes, some Black House members appear ready to rally behind the embattled chief executive, in an embrace that will significantly...

If you’re a Dem, you don’t cross the CBC.

I kinda expect calls for Biden to step down to recede a bit now, but am prepared to be wrong.

Yep the conversation is over at this point if the CBC is sticking with Biden over Harris 

The time to nominate someone other than Biden was 2-3 years ago. He's what we have now, for better or worse. Kamala would get fucking annihilated by Trump in a general election. We're already fighting voter apathy, give people who are apathetic a black woman who's also a cop and we're fucked.

(yes, I know she wasn't a cop, she was a prosecutor, but that difference doesn't matter)

• True 2
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

The time to nominate someone other than Biden was 2-3 years ago. He's what we have now, for better or worse. Kamala would get fucking annihilated by Trump in a general election. We're already fighting voter apathy, give people who are apathetic a black woman who's also a cop and we're fucked.

(yes, I know she wasn't a cop, she was a prosecutor, but that difference doesn't matter)

"Crooked Cop Kamala" always going against Trump with illegal crimes

21 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

to many people do not realize how many “protections” we think there are that are really just norms and not laws. 

I honestly expected the Dems to be smart about locking in those protections as laws since so many norms were stepped over by the GOP.. The 2 separate Supreme Court nominees fiasco should have burned that lesson into their f’n soul..

They need to quick do a convention and use it not only to present candidates but to absolutely dunk on everything the MAGAts and the GOP have done and plan on doing.. hell put up a monitor in the background play back what the GOP extremists have said, theres plenty of receipts.. let America see it with their own eyes.. it should not be so much attack/bickering debates as much as a presentation of ideas to the public  that the Dems have unity (the one thing the MAGAts and GOP have)

Im still not sold that Harris is the choice.. racism is big in some circles but adding on the sexism might be a bridge too far… not sure if we’d have a “vote against Trump” or a “vote against Harris dont let nation go woke” voter movement

45 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I don't want Trump as president of your country.

I don't want a president of your country to have severe cognitive difficulties.

I don't think Kamala Harris can beat Trump.

Process of elimination.

Biden could win and then resign after he is sworn in for a second term 

4 minutes ago, elbobo said:

Biden could win and then resign after he is sworn in for a second term 

I recognize that some media sources are doubling down on supporting Biden (i.e. when I go to MSNBC's website).  But there are a lot that sense blood in the water.

Is that enough for him to politically survive through November?

I think part of the problem is that most democrats just can't even wrap their heads around a world insane enough to elect Donald Trump again. It just feels impossible.

It feels impossible to me as well, but here we are. If current polling is any indication Trump is going to be elected again and the most depressing part of that is that I share a country with millions and millions of the worst people imaginable. There are 70+ million trash people living amongst us.

I'm tired of normalizing it. If you support Trump I consider you an enemy of humanity and will treat you the same way I would someone who walks into a restaurant wearing a nazi uniform. Fuck these people. Fuck MAGA. Fuck Trump, fuck everything.

I'm increasingly sympathetic to the idea of finding a new candidate, but I just can't imagine doing it without any kind of public voting at all. It just feels like a disaster in the making.

I was wondering how much it would cost if the DNC or some billionaire wanted to re-run the primaries, so I tried to find how much it would cost. The best data point I could quickly find was from OpenPrimaries.org, where they estimate that it costs nearly $430M to run primaries in all 50 states. That's a larger number than I expected. But the numbers are all over the place. Not sure why it costs nearly quadruple to run a primary in CA vs NY when CA is only double the population.

I wonder if the DNC could do their own mail in ballot kind of thing. Don't do any in person voting, do all 50 states at once. Make it non-binding so they don't even necessarily have to do it to normal voting security levels (if it's not possible). I'm sure even something like that would cost an incredible amount, but at least it would feel more legitimate than a fully brokered convention. Of course, such an incredible effort would need to start ASAP, and the DNC couldn't do it without Biden's buy in, which would essentially amount to ending his campaign.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ort said:

I think part of the problem is that most democrats just can't even wrap their heads around a world insane enough to elect Donald Trump again. It just feels impossible.

It feels impossible to me as well, but here we are. If current polling is any indication Trump is going to be elected again and the most depressing part of that is that I share a country with millions and millions of the worst people imaginable. There are 70+ million trash people living amongst us.

I'm tired of normalizing it. If you support Trump I consider you an enemy of humanity and will treat you the same way I would someone who walks into a restaurant wearing a nazi uniform. Fuck these people. Fuck MAGA. Fuck Trump, fuck everything.

That's not a good way to live your life man. Geez. 

IMO Harris completely lacks the charisma to go up against Trump. I felt she even fell short of Pence of all people when they debated. There is a reason the thing that won their debate in 2020 was the fly that landed on Pence's head.

Rasmussen says Michelle Obama would win handily. That likely means an utter blowout considering their right wing slant.

I do think it would be hilarious if Hilary would make a return.

At thing point all Trump has to do is keep his mouth shut and it will be an easy win against Biden. A change needs made no matter what.

4 minutes ago, Link200 said:

At thing point all Trump has to do is keep his mouth shut and it will be an easy win against Biden. A change needs made no matter what.

He's not keeping his mouth shut but the media doesn't bother covering that he's clearly demented.

• True 1