Which flavor of DNC dysfunction would you prefer?

Which should the party of self-sabotage and bedwetting do?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. They should...

• Keep ridin' with Biden
    • Anoint Madame President Harris
    • Open/Brokered Convention

Just wanted to get everyone's recommendation on the record here, since it's possible the DNC itself might answer this question as soon as the end of this week, or leave it unanswered until the convention.

Also so no one can say "I told you they should have done X instead!" if/when we finally go careening into the abyss of a second Trump term.

Like I stated in the other thread, as of 7/8/2024, I think that the DNC should:

- STFU and stick with Biden, dealing with any issues he might have AFTER the election

...with the caveat that if his poll numbers tank significantly in the near future and don't recover before the convention, they should somehow browbeat him into stepping down as prez and put in Kamala as the CIC. (assuming that's possible, which it might not be--doesn't seem like he's interested in giving up the crown no matter how forcefully he's asked)

Yes, you're allowed one caveat, per the rules I just made up.

Stick with Biden but get the conversation focused on Project 2025 and how dangerous it is not just for women but for the working class in general (getting rid of overtime).

If Biden can’t get on message then you have him step down with Kamala taking the reigns.

If there isn't a statistically noticeable improvement in Biden's polling data within the next two weeks (especially after the Republican National Convention), then it should be an all-out effort to force him to step down from both the presidency and the candidacy in favor of Harris.

Under absolutely no circumstances should there be an open/brokered convention.

• Halal 1

6 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Stick with Biden but get the conversation focused on Project 2025 and how dangerous it is not just for women but for the working class in general (getting rid of overtime).

If Biden can’t get on message then you have him step down with Kamala taking the reigns.

part of what scares me about project 2025 is too many people seeing that and thinking it sounds too crazy and far fetched to be allowed to happen. And then not taking it seriously. The same type of people that either pretended to or actually believed there was never a serious threat to Roe. 

to many people do not realize how many “protections” we think there are that are really just norms and not laws. 

I just don't understand how it's possible to keep ridin with Biden. He barely got through that 15 minute interview on CBS that was recorded. 

He was answering the questions with 2 words or less. Then when asked if he watched the debate he said "he doesn't think he watched it".... lol

He is completely fried. 

Let Harris take over. She'll at least be able to communicate their message to the masses. You know, be able to make appearances and not look like a walking corpse. Again, I'm only saying this off information I've seen and I realize I'm not as educated as most of you guys on here. 

So take it easy on me if you think I'm wrong. :p

I think that the only realistic chance to replace Biden, barring an actual 25th amendment situation, was before the primaries. That was the Dems' chance to run someone else. Without that, it's Biden or bust.

I don't love Kamala, but I'd happily vote for her if her name is on the ballot. I just don't think she's an obvious candidate that would make a huge difference. Is she the one that would bring in people that are actually on the fence between these two men or increase turnout for the Dems in the general election? I don't really think so. If it's not her, it's chaos, and I don't think that helps anyone but Trump.

6 minutes ago, Best said:

I just don't understand how it's possible to keep ridin with Biden. He barely got through that 15 minute interview on CBS that was recorded. 

He was answering the questions with 2 words or less. Then when asked if he watched the debate he said "he doesn't think he watched it".... lol

He is completely fried. 

Let Harris take over. She'll at least be able to communicate their message to the masses. You know, be able to make appearances and not look like a walking corpse. Again, I'm only saying this off information I've seen and I realize I'm not as educated as most of you guys on here. 

The machine won't do anything. He's their guy. 

14 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

part of what scares me about project 2025 is too many people seeing that and thinking it sounds too crazy and far fetched to be allowed to happen. And then not taking it seriously. The same type of people that either pretended to or actually believed there was never a serious threat to Roe. 

to many people do not realize how many “protections” we think there are that are really just norms and not laws. 

With all the shit dropped by the Supreme Court in the last couple of weeks, I think that worry is out the door.

Of course, there's...whatever the hell this is.

WWW.CNBC.COM

President Joe Biden is facing escalating pressure to drop out of the 2024 race against Donald Trump, following his high-profile debate flop.

The proposal lays out several key steps, beginning with Biden announcing that he will exit the race in mid-July in a “speech for the ages,” as the memo’s authors envision it.

“Overnight, Biden is hailed as a modern-day George Washington, not an octogenarian clinging to power with a 37% approval rating,” the proposal reads. “From goat to hero.”

The next phase of the plan is a “blitz primary,” where prospective Democratic candidates submit their bids and delegates to the Democratic National Convention ultimately narrow down the list to six contenders.

The hypothetical accelerated primary would involve a massive social media content campaign to engage voters, including forums between the candidates moderated by celebrities like Oprah Winfrey, Taylor Swift or Stephen Colbert, according to the memo.

Brooks and Dintersmith’s vision ends with delegates voting on the final nominee at the DNC, which would theoretically benefit from boosted viewership and donations from the viral hype of the preceding blitz primary.

Brooks, who noted that she is not a political strategist...

You don't say?!?!

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

WWW.CNBC.COM

President Joe Biden is facing escalating pressure to drop out of the 2024 race against Donald Trump, following his high-profile debate flop.

You don't say?!?!

Okay I want Biden if this is the kind of dumb-ass proposal we're going to see again and again.

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

WWW.CNBC.COM

You don't say?!?!

Is this a crisis PR firm pitching how to spin a brokered convention?

Open Convention. 5 weeks of Town Halls, maybe a debate or 2. We suck all the oxygen away from Trump and use it to have the Democratic heavy weights talk about Project 2025 and why they can beat Trump. Anyone gets nasty Biden puts his thumb on the scale and boots that person off off the campaign. We go into the convention and the delegates (who are a decent cross section of typical primary voters) pick who they thought can win. If the person has a skeleton in the closet, we point to Trump's. We don't need 2 fucking years of primaries to pick someone, it is such a stupid system.

This story of Biden declining isn't going to go away. You can't bully voters or the media. My worry, he's going to have a fall, and this turns into a Wilson situation going into November. 

Just now, finaljedi said:

Is this a crisis PR firm pitching how to spin a brokered convention?

Rosa Brooks, a Georgetown University law professor who previously served in both the Obama and Clinton administrations, and Ted Dintersmith, a high-dollar Democratic donor, co-authored the proposal, a copy of which was obtained by CNBC. 

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

WWW.CNBC.COM

You don't say?!?!

Whoever came up with this has beat off to Hamilton way too many times. 

Just now, Jason said:

Whoever came up with this has beat off to Hamilton way too many times. 

Rosa Brooks, a Georgetown University law professor who previously served in both the Obama and Clinton administrations, and Ted Dintersmith, a high-dollar Democratic donor, co-authored the proposal, a copy of which was obtained by CNBC. 

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Can't say I was 100% serious, but also it feels like they had the help of the type of person I've heard pitch ad campaigns to "breathe new life" into downtown Sharonville, Ohio and again in Middletown years later.  I'm betting Ted paid someone to knock this together...  Hailed as the new George Washington...  Those celebrities are aiming at bit high, I'd bet more like Bradley Whitford, maybe George Clooney's wife, and Colbert.

At first I thought with "blitz primary" they were going to plan to somehow get states to run a fresh primary quickly.  But nope, it's a bunch of YouTube streams followed by a brokered convention.

Anyhow that mess aside I clicked ridin' with Biden.  He may not be great or even all there, but every other option really surfaces the clusterfuck that is the Democratic Party even worse than running the guy who was present for this photograph:

21689-wikimedia-commons-bdd9c56ac864fb1b

I’m in the ride with Biden camp. Get past the election then in 1-2 years have him step down for Harris to take over. I just don’t trust a overly racist country to not be  openly racist if Harris takes over now.

Again this isn’t in a vacuum and why do dems have to do the right thing when the GOP continues to get behind trump to lick his ass.

26 minutes ago, Best said:

Stop Motion No GIF by Mouse

Spoiler

:p

This is interesting. 

Yea, maybe ride with Biden for a year after re-election and then switch it to Harris. But you guys are saying she isn't very popular or well liked. 

8 minutes ago, Best said:

This is interesting. 

Yea, maybe ride with Biden for a year after re-election and then switch it to Harris. But you guys are saying she isn't very popular or well liked. 

Biden, Harris, and Trump are all not especially popular. Arguments about popularity are more difficult to make in this election than people are sometimes willing to accept in Biden (or whomever I guess) isn't out there trying to topple some Reagan-esque popular candidate, no matter how media coverage makes Trump seem dominant.

This is not to diminish the work that the DNC needs to do regardless of what approach they ultimately end ip taking, merely that so many arguments about popularity begin with a premise that is at least partially false; that Trump is popular. We're in general arguing about pretty thin margins in some states.

• Thanks 1

If it wasn’t obvious I’m riding with biden - i think at this point it’s the most likely to keep Trump out - the right/media will come up with some negative narrative to get their boy back in for whoever else, besides right now Biden has historically been hard to attach any real issue to.

My caveat as allowed is that again, if the dems themselves won’t shut the fuck up about it, then just do it and soon and it has to be Kamala.

• Halal 1

If there is one thing Americans are more closet about being than being racist, its being misogynistic! If Harris ran, I'd be shocked to see her win. I have nothing against her mind you, I just have zero faith in this country to see past, "but she's a lady!". 

1 minute ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

If there is one thing Americans are more closet about being than being racist, its being misogynistic! If Harris ran, I'd be shocked to see her win. I have nothing against her mind you, I just have zero faith in this country to see past, "but she's a lady!". 

People seriously believe that a woman can’t be president because they are too emotional and can’t be trusted due to pms and yet want DONALD TRUMP to be president despite him being in a constant state of emotionally unstable pms

• True 1

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

WWW.CNBC.COM

You don't say?!?!

The hypothetical accelerated primary would involve a massive social media content campaign to engage voters, including forums between the candidates moderated by celebrities like Oprah Winfrey, Taylor Swift or Stephen Colbert, according to the memo.

Jesus Christ it was like it was written by an AI

• Haha 1

I think they should make a new ticket and switch over to it. They can make it a brokered convention, but there should be some sort of large consensus on who will be supported. It can't just be a free for all. Of course it will be a little messy, but they should do what they can do avoid complete chaos.

If that won't work, let's do Harris.

If none of that happens, I will support and vote for Biden. If Biden is the guy, I will support Biden. Keeping Trump out of office is the most important thing.

I just don't like ignoring reality or pretending everything is okay due to partisan bias. Everything is not okay. Biden is a wildly unpopular candidate and I worry he's going to lose this election. I'd rather go down fighting than go down backing a man who is so clearly struggling with his advanced age.

20 minutes ago, stepee said:

People seriously believe that a woman can’t be president because they are too emotional and can’t be trusted due to pms and yet want DONALD TRUMP to be president despite him being in a constant state of emotionally unstable pms

Yup and its maddening. When you confront people about it, its always the same. No, I'm not, its just that SHE isn't the right one. If the RIGHT woman ran, I'd back her. Somewhere, Hillary Clinton is rubbing her temples. :sadsun:

• True 1

I think a lot of men are just hard wired to hear any woman speaking with strength as being overbearing and naggy. Men don't like women being in positions of authority on a deep subconscious level. I think a lot of women feel the same way too.