You can go back in time and rescue 3 famous people from their untimely deaths who are they and why?

DPCyric

I sometimes wonder if Hitler had been allowed to live out the rest of his life and people were able to see the idiotic pathetic little shit that he was, if it would have harmed the enduring legacy of the nazis.  Not curious enough to undo his death though.

• Halal 1

Just now, LazyPiranha said:

I sometimes wonder if Hitler had been allowed to live out the rest of his life and people were able to see the idiotic pathetic little shit that he was, if it would have harmed the enduring legacy of the nazis.  Not curious enough to undo his death though.

IN before apoc comes in here with a WELL ACTUALLY

• True 1

20 hours ago, AlwaysDyingX said:

Hitler

Bin Laden

Yoko Ono 

I see we have another agent of chaos among us :thinking:

20 hours ago, Biggie said:

Biggie Smalls

Prince 

Len Bias 

Prince is an excellent choice! I had to look up who Len Bias is.

So far I have:

Aaliyah

Chris Cornell (which also probably saves Chester Bennington).

• Haha 1

Obvious answer is Abraham Lincoln. I think if he had lived through his second term and congress hadn't been hamstrung by Andrew Johnson for 4 years while trying to rebuild the south, a lot of Jim Crow could have been averted. Lincoln was a moderate Republican and favored reconciliation, but Johnson damn near wanted to put black people back in chains.

Paul Walker because the Fast and Furious movies have been kind of shit since he's been gone. It's like when they made Pirates of the Caribbean with Jack Sparrow as the main character. He's not supposed to be the main character. It's a fantasy movie, the main character is supposed to be a surrogate for us. They can't have too much personality, it breaks the immersion.

I can't think of a third, but someone I'd kill the fuck out of is Constantine. Fuck that guy. I'd strangle him as a baby. He was basically the first emperor who realized that Christianity could be used as a weapon on a mass scale, because if you're the King and speak for God, the Christians will do whatever you say. Eventually someone else would probably have done it, too, but he wrote the playbook. A few hundred years later Muhammad came along and perfected it, and 1500 years of religious violence later, here we are.

• Shocked 1

11 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Obvious answer is Abraham Lincoln. I think if he had lived through his second term and congress hadn't been hamstrung by Andrew Johnson for 4 years while trying to rebuild the south, a lot of Jim Crow could have been averted. Lincoln was a moderate Republican and favored reconciliation, but Johnson damn near wanted to put black people back in chains.

Paul Walker because the Fast and Furious movies have been kind of shit since he's been gone. It's like when they made Pirates of the Caribbean with Jack Sparrow as the main character. He's not supposed to be the main character. It's a fantasy movie, the main character is supposed to be a surrogate for us. They can't have too much personality, it breaks the immersion.

I can't think of a third, but someone I'd kill the fuck out of is Constantine. Fuck that guy. I'd strangle him as a baby. He was basically the first emperor who realized that Christianity could be used as a weapon on a mass scale, because if you're the King and speak for God, the Christians will do whatever you say. Eventually someone else would probably have done it, too, but he wrote the playbook. A few hundred years later Muhammad came along and perfected it, and 1500 years of religious violence later, here we are.

Maybe "Go back in time and kill 3 famous people" is a thread that needs to be made :lol:

I guess a third would be JFK. After the Bay of Pigs and the Cuban missile crisis, I'm not sure JFK would have been as gung-ho to get involved in Vietnam as LBJ was. Then again,  had he lived, I'm not 100% sure JFK would have been elected to a second term. His death was a pivotal moment in the shifting of the parties.

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Stephen King taught me that was a bad idea. 

That's a tough one. Without JFK being assassinated, would the Civil Rights Act of 1964 have been passed? Maybe not. But, like I said in my previous post, would we have gotten involved in Vietnam if JFK lived? Also, I think probably not. It's like how most people view LBJ's presidency. There's a lot to like and a lot to hate.

2 minutes ago, Best said:

Wasn't JFK having sex with a 14yr old while President? I thought we weren't bringing child molesters back?

To be fair, casual pedophilia was just kind of a thing until like 30 years ago. Think about how many bands in the 70's and 80's that made songs about boinking teenagers. Steven Tyler literally adopted a 16 year old so he could take her on tour with him and fuck her. 

A different time.

Not to say we shouldn't say they were assholes, just that like... George Washington enslaved hundreds of people and he's still widely regarded as the best president ever except for maybe Lincoln. At a certain level, you kind of have to judge them by the morals of the time, and in the 60's, having an affair with a teenager wasn't seen as that weird.

21 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

To be fair, casual pedophilia was just kind of a thing until like 30 years ago. Think about how many bands in the 70's and 80's that made songs about boinking teenagers. Steven Tyler literally adopted a 16 year old so he could take her on tour with him and fuck her. 

A different time.

Not to say we shouldn't say they were assholes, just that like... George Washington enslaved hundreds of people and he's still widely regarded as the best president ever except for maybe Lincoln. At a certain level, you kind of have to judge them by the morals of the time, and in the 60's, having an affair with a teenager wasn't seen as that weird.

Jesus. I'll take your word for it because I know you studied a lot of history. Just kinda crazy is all. 

14 hours ago, SmugPrick said:

George Floyd

Hmmmmmm.... Saving a martyr. That's a complex choice. Not that he chose to ever be one, and the flood of protests in 2020 so far haven't amounted to much actual change unfortunately. 

I'm not saying this is a 1:1 comparison by any means, but if someone's death affected positive change, would you go back and change it? As in, if you were a Christian would you go back can prevent the death of Jesus? I feel like must Christians would say "well his death was the will of God" but I feel like that's a total copout.

• 2 weeks later...