Are you a big sensitive crybaby?

stepee

Are you a big cry-baby?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a big cry-baby?

I know I am. I love Sunny Day Real Estate, the first two Jimmy eat World albums, Jawbreaker, the first Further seems Forever album, Superchunk, Fugazi, Piebald, Cursive, etc etc anyone else?

I don’t know why you are continuing on from the thread that was just cleaned up? I don’t even know what you are talking about. This is a thread about emo bands? If you don’t know who they are don’t comment lol

Im not required to only talk about music you listen to. Stay on topic or make your own thread.

• Haha 1

Just now, stepee said:

I don’t know why you are continuing on from the thread that was just cleaned up? I don’t even know what you are talking about. This is a thread about emo bands? If you don’t know who they are don’t comment lol

Im not required to only talk about music you listen to. Stay on topic or make your own thread.

Did I win the Waffles contest?

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I have no idea what "emo bands" are.

The bands I listed and those like them! Late 90s/early 00s post punk with a focus on a kind of screaming/aggressive vocal style over a mix of power chords and chiming arpeggios, that sorta thing.  

5 minutes ago, Biggie said:

are The Smiths considered emo?

Hmm, I think not quite really but I think a lot of people who like emo like The Smiths and a lot of emo bands are probably inspired partially by them. The guitars are too jangly for emo but I do love them.

• stepee 1

6 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Is Powerwolf "emo"?  

I don’t think so. The rhythm guitar is more metal sludgy and emo is more like punk power chord downbeats. Stylistically I can see some resemblance with them both being a bit theatrical but I think the big difference is based on punk vs metal. An emo band like Coheed and Cambria is especially more similar to this with some more metal inspiration but still then there’s the vocal styling which is more nasal with the scream-singing being more from the throat than the gut.

1 minute ago, TheLeon said:

I’ve been known to blast some My Chemical Romance when I’m feeling a certain way. 

Loved them since they came out in 2001. No shame. 

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

I don’t think so. The rhythm guitar is more metal sludgy and emo is more like punk power chord downbeats. Stylistically I can see some resemblance with them both being a bit theatrical but I think the big difference is based on punk vs metal. An emo band like Coheed and Cambria is especially more similar to this with some more metal inspiration but still then there’s the vocal styling which is more nasal with the scream-singing being more from the throat than the gut.

You used ChatGPT for that response, didn't you?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

You used ChatGPT for that response, didn't you?

I did not!

Edit: Whats funny is I thought it looked that way too before I hit post, I think it’s just how trying to be specific looks

I mean to answer the question seriously because it's been an issue this week going through some bad shit, no, I don't cry easily. And it's been a problem. Last time I really cried was when my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2022. It had been a couple years before that. My flaw is I don't show much emotion and can come off as cold indifference when shit hits the fan. And that's been a problem this week.

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

I was a big Dashboard Confessional fan so I'm not even sure crybaby covers it. 

I was for like 6 months after places you’ve come to fear the most but I quickly stopped liking it because he just rubbed me the wrong way and it all sounded like bullshit or something. A lot of the other bands I listened to then I still like sometimes at least but not them. But as I said earlier I can’t shake the Further Seems Forever first album with him as lead singer.

I’m a private cryer. The bad things that have happened, in the past few years have been internalised, then it comes out later in. Same for when my daughter was really little and had a febrile seizure and stopped breathing, dad’s dementia diagnosis, and my mum’s cancer diagnosis - same each time. Usually when I take the dog for a walk if I’m honest. 

• True 1
  • Hugs 1

2 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

I’m a private cryer. The bad things that have happened, in the past few years have been internalised, then it comes out later in. Same for when my daughter was really little and had a febrile seizure and stopped breathing, dad’s dementia diagnosis, and my mum’s cancer diagnosis - same each time. Usually when I take the dog for a walk if I’m honest. 

I'm the same. I usually cry in my car where nobody sees me.

However, yesterday I couldn't control my tears for losing my dog and let it flow downstairs where I live. My mom was crying with me. 

If a movie DOESN'T make me cry at all, that means it was probably a pretty bad movie. I've cried during Jason Statham movies.

Music doesn't generally make me cry, though. Not sure why.

Be open with your emotions. Be vulnerable. It's healthy.

• True 1

• 2 weeks later...