Steam Summer Sale '24

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeah Trepang2 is a lot of fun just to play mechanically so it’s worth a pick up imo, but I know what you mean. I kinda settled into it but that was my first impression, a sort of blandness to the design. Like look at a scene in Selaco vs Trepang2 and there’s just so much more detail and thought into the stages. Fun though!

I actually do not have Turbo Overkill. I wishlisted it now and might get it on the sale but damnit another early access!

Turbo Overkill is complete!  It came out of early access late last year.  It's phenomenal.

2 minutes ago, ShreddieMercury said:

Turbo Overkill is complete!  It came out of early access late last year.  It's phenomenal.

Oh geeze I was looking at Ultrakill, whoops. This does look great too and they actually give a bigger discount if you get it with Blake Stone which I used to love, bought!

But now I’m still interested in Ultrakill lol

Just now, stepee said:

Oh geeze I was looking at Ultrakill, whoops. This does look great too and they actually give a bigger discount if you get it with Blake Stone which I used to love, bought!

But now I’m still interested in Ultrakill lol

Ultrakill is kinda cool, but I found its design approach and aesthetics kind of obnoxious and fell off after a few hours.  It takes the movement a bit too far in my opinion, so it has a high skill ceiling but eventually ceases to be fun from my perspective.  Your mileage will obviously vary.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ShreddieMercury said:

Good recc on this one - played the first level and it’s a lot of fun - might do this one before the early access ones. About how long is the main story? 

Chainsaw slide with the ramps is just mmmmm

17 minutes ago, stepee said:

Looked at fighting game stuff. $33 for the remaining 8 Samurai Shodown characters I don’t have, pass. I’d give them $20 for the lot.

Under Night Rebirth 2 for $25? Sold! 

Breakers collection is $9.99

9 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Breakers collection is $9.99

Breakers is just something that makes more sense as part of a larger collection than its own app for me. It’s mostly something I’ll look at when I remember it after playing Art of Fighting 3.

36 minutes ago, stepee said:

Looked at fighting game stuff. $33 for the remaining 8 Samurai Shodown characters I don’t have, pass. I’d give them $20 for the lot.

Under Night Rebirth 2 for $25? Sold! 

This seems pretty good though. It’s pretty fast and aggressive, kinda like Xmen COTA feeling. Single player content seems robust. I think this is every character from all the previous games and then so far there is only one other dlc one so it’s pretty complete atm. Characters are more anime than I prefer but some veer more Guilty Gears.

Im definitely ready for a new GG. I feel like ARC has gotten better at SP content and blending the background with the characters recently.

picked up the two Mana games, Secret and Trials, for $15 and $20 i think, which is the cheapest I've seen them. Also grabbed the Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate edition cuz for $20 it's a no-brainer.

None of the games on my wishlist are seeing that big of a discount (yet, they're all pretty new) and everything that does have a steep discount I already own in one form or another or have not interest in. So I'm think I'm sitting pretty good right now.

There are a few things that look good like the Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid - Super Edition and Forza Horizon 4 but after all the other bullshit this year my transmission went out so I should sit this sale out </3

4 hours ago, DPCyric said:

There are a few things that look good like the Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid - Super Edition and Forza Horizon 4 but after all the other bullshit this year my transmission went out so I should sit this sale out </3

Forza is getting delisted btw so if you sit this one out you won't be able to get it after December 15.

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Forza is getting delisted btw so if you sit this one out you won't be able to get it after December 15.

I'm fairly certain I will have money before then :thinking:

• Shocked 1

On 6/28/2024 at 12:40 PM, Spork3245 said:

Looks like getting Total War: Warhammer III for Steam (I have it on Gamepass, but would want the Steam version since I have the other two there so I can play Immortal Empires) + all of the TW:W1 DLC I don't own (I have Norsca and Chaos) + all of the TW:W2 DLC (I have 0) would run me ~$162.98 via GMG and ~$180 via Steam.

I wanna pull the trigger but I don't want to spend that much at the same time :p 

I could pull some of the DLC off and just leave the bigger faction DLCs which would drop it closer to $100-110 I think, but still. Does anyone here have all the DLC? Is it actually worth it?

God damn it

IMG-9052.jpg

• stepee 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sicko 2

Humble Choice this month has Plague's Tale Requiem and Ghostrunner 2, and a few other things like Figment 2 and a Starship Troopers RTS.

That’s a hard one for me.  I’m sure the headliners are worth the money, but I won’t have a new PC to play them anytime soon, and I haven’t touched the previous entries.

• True 1

On 6/29/2024 at 5:09 PM, tgo said:

These sales are not even fun anymore with no daily deals.  It’s the same sale everyday.  Blah.  

I agree. Mostly because the sale prices are just rehashes of things that are frequently on sale as it is and at the same discount rates.

32 minutes ago, Dexterryu said:

I agree. Mostly because the sale prices are just rehashes of things that are frequently on sale as it is and at the same discount rates.

This sale is certainly better than some in the recent past though.  It's best if you missed the boat on some titles, but that's to be expected.

I've already mentioned Disco Elysium, Yonder & Kaze all having big historical lows.  Several Ubisoft games are down low as well, some even lower than Ubi's official store has ever gone.  Immortals is $4, for example.

2 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I mean, it’s good. FH5 is better. 

I think I only put about 200 hours into it. 

Hmm, general opinion I've heard is that 4 is the best in the series.

How does the Mass Effect legendary edition run on deck?

It says it's not supported but then I'm getting conflicting reports it runs great. 

Also, does dysco asylum have voice acting?

9 minutes ago, Best said:

It says it's not supported but then I'm getting conflicting reports it runs great. 

Disco was updated a year or so ago with full VA for every line of text, I believe. Quite a feat cuz there's a lot of it. 

Doesn't strike me as your type of game though. 

7 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Disco was updated a year or so ago with full VA for every line of text, I believe. Quite a feat cuz there's a lot of it. 

Doesn't strike me as your type of game though. 

Yea I saw the final cut or whatever it's called received full voice over. Also, yea, after watching some reviews it's not something I'd enjoy.

I just bought Mass Effect Legendary Edition on my deck. It was only $5.99. 

2 hours ago, Best said:

From the little I've player of it, Mass Effect Legendary Edition plays quite well on the Deck. I've literally only put in about 10 minutes though, FWIW. 

33 minutes ago, Nokra said:

From the little I've player of it, Mass Effect Legendary Edition plays quite well on the Deck. I've literally only put in about 10 minutes though, FWIW. 

I played it just now. Yep, it plays perfectly fine and to my surprise, looks really good.