Steam Summer Sale '24

7 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

It shows as 50% off for me.

That will be a buy then! Also could tell the Ninja Gaiden collection is on sale for about $25 - grabbing that too. Considering Redfall…

6 minutes ago, Brian said:

Megaton Musashi has bad gacha game reviews on Steam that it scared me off that game 

Hm just a lot of people complaining the game loop feels like a mobile game? The overall steam reviews seem positive.

19 minutes ago, AlwaysDyingX said:

Well yeah. Thats what makes their sale better. I cant remember the last big sale they didnt have the coupon 

There was definitely a period they didn’t.  But it did come back in some form the last time.

27 minutes ago, stepee said:

Hm just a lot of people complaining the game loop feels like a mobile game? The overall steam reviews seem positive.

The daily logins and battle passes. I just want to play a cool Level 5 mech game. 

Just now, Brian said:

The daily logins and battle passes. I just want to play a cool Level 5 mech game. 

Oh I didn’t know it did that stuff sigh. I’ll probably get it and ignore that stuff still it looks really fun.

Just now, stepee said:

Oh I didn’t know it did that stuff sigh. I’ll probably get it and ignore that stuff still it looks really fun.

Let me know if you can. If I can play the SP without touching that shit, I am in. 

22 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Goes live today.  Supposedly they have a deep discount selection for 90-95% off now.  I'm not holding my breath for new historical lows regardless.

Reminder: There's no need to rush to buy anything if you can wait for the Humble Choice refresh on Tuesday.  Chances are it'll be bad given Valve's event, but who knows.  There's a discount coupon running for the current selection (Risk of Rain 2, LEGO 2K Drive w/ DLC) for $6, probably because it undersold.  Check your accounts if interested, it expires Friday.

There's also the Amazon Prime list for those subscribed.  Some great looking stuff, including Shredder's Revenge and Card Shark.  Prime Day freebies were also announced, lot of repeats then though.

Epic refreshed their list, Sunless Skies is this week, The Falconeer is the next.

Yeah I had that humble coupon so I got that bundle. I only really wanted Lego 2k Drive and Risk of Rain 2 but even for just those two $6 is a hell of a deal. I redeemed Stray Gods and Guidebook to Babel because maybe I’d check them out some day.

If anyone is interested in the other games which are all strategy games I don’t play:

EMPYRION - GALACTIC SURVIVAL

FCZM5-EEJ3Z-RK89M

MIASMA CHRONICLES

JR0LK-Z7IXY-PTNVV

WARHAMMER 40,000: BATTLESECTOR

HQVCW-Q9NV0-RI5N4

KNIGHTS OF HONOR II: SOVEREIGN

JWHBA-MQBD5-HEAXY

• Halal 1

3 hours ago, Brian said:

Let me know if you can. If I can play the SP without touching that shit, I am in. 

Seems the daily bonus is an exp bonus so probably want to use it when you get it. I just beat the first chapter and I see where they dump a bunch of whatever on you and how you can get keys to open chests and shit. 

Now, it is a mech game. So it is actually a game where Id expect to get a bunch of parts and stuff to customize my robo. Its just going to all depend on if they use difficulty to try to force you into participating in those elements.

I see looking at the store page and reviews there is an online multiplayer and end game component. It sounds like that may be where the grind/gacha stuff takes place, I’m hoping so.

I’ll update if I can get a better grasp of it before the sale ends. It’s so story heavy and cut scene (high quality level 5 anime cut scenes) heavy that it seems like it would be absolutely horrible game design to force grinding here for the main story. 

It’s hard to picture it especially with the score it has, but who knows they may have decided to ruin the game with it as some love to do. Hope I can just customize as I want and co time playing.

The story seems quite interesting and fun. The rpg areas and cut scenes are gorgeous. The mech fighting is very Virtual On. Lots to like here if it can stand out of it’s own way.

Im serious when I say story heavy though at least definitely at the start. So don’t fire it up the first time expecting to fight a bunch of robots. I did one actual mission that was still sort of a tutorial in the first 80 minutes.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Yeah I had that humble coupon so I got that bundle. I only really wanted Lego 2k Drive and Risk of Rain 2 but even for just those two $6 is a hell of a deal. I redeemed Stray Gods and Guidebook to Babel because maybe I’d check them out some day.

I pulled the trigger on it too.  One of those games would be worth $6 surely.

Lego2k certainly looks nice! Feels good to play too. Definitely good for $6. If it’s like actually a really solid racing game or not will depend on all the 2Klootboxwhatever shit. If I can just play it without engaging should be a fun game. Hopefully the dlc included also makes it super easy to ignore any surrounding nonsense. 

• Halal 1

@stepee @Stickey

List me some VR games that are on sale to play when I get my PSVR2 adapter. I haven’t bought anything new in a while since I have an OG Vive with those awful trackpad controllers. Probably finally getting Half-Life: Alyx, considering the full version of Waltz of the Wizard.

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

@stepee @Stickey

List me some VR games that are on sale to play when I get my PSVR2 adapter. I haven’t bought anything new in a while since I have an OG Vive with those awful trackpad controllers. Probably finally getting Half-Life: Alyx, considering the full version of Waltz of the Wizard.

This will def be a task for tomorrow because my goodness it’s 1:39am but do you not have a Quest at all so anything on that would be new to you? And nothing pc Oculus before Quest?

Also I should probably mention this

STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

"Forza Polpo" combines FPS and platformer gameplay in a post-apocalyptic world. Play as a robo-octopus with the ability to jump, glide, and battle enemies while enjoying cheerful visuals inspired...

It seems like a good one of exactly what it looks like (fleshed out Jumping Flash)

• Halal 1

17 minutes ago, stepee said:

This will def be a task for tomorrow because my goodness it’s 1:39am

I just woke up an hour ago. Gym shortly. WAKEY WAKEY

17 minutes ago, stepee said:

but do you not have a Quest at all so anything on that would be new to you? And nothing pc Oculus before Quest?

No, just the Vive and PSVR.

WWW.HUMBLEBUNDLE.COM

Ring in the Upload VR Summer Showcase with a host of hits from Devolver! First-person melee, philosophical sci-fi, and more! Your purchase helps Special Effect.

also if you haven’t seen this - I can speak to Tentacular being cute/cool and I think Serious Sam is fun both in the light gun game and the originals in VR - idk about the others but it’s $10

10 hours ago, stepee said:

Lego2k certainly looks nice! Feels good to play too. Definitely good for $6. If it’s like actually a really solid racing game or not will depend on all the 2Klootboxwhatever shit. If I can just play it without engaging should be a fun game. Hopefully the dlc included also makes it super easy to ignore any surrounding nonsense. 

When I played this game at launch, events were gated behind levels so the game forced you to either pay to get more levels or replay the old levels until you had the levels to move on. It was sleazy as fuck so I dropped it. I’m done with 2k games. 

7 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

@stepee @Stickey

You're lucky to get to play Half-Life: Alyx. I hear it's spectacular. 

11 minutes ago, Best said:

You're lucky to get to play Half-Life: Alyx. I hear it's spectacular. 

I've been wanting it for awhile, but the controllers on my Vive have track pads that Valve was trying to force on everyone which ruin the immersion since you can't just use an analog stick to move (beyond your walk-around space) and I wasn't going to pay $225 for the knuckle controllers when I was waiting for a new headset anyway. Having to teleport from spot to spot is kinda garbage. (the OG Vive controllers have you point to a spot and press part of the trackpad to "teleport" to that spot)

• Sad 1

Looks like getting Total War: Warhammer III for Steam (I have it on Gamepass, but would want the Steam version since I have the other two there so I can play Immortal Empires) + all of the TW:W1 DLC I don't own (I have Norsca and Chaos) + all of the TW:W2 DLC (I have 0) would run me ~$162.98 via GMG and ~$180 via Steam.

I wanna pull the trigger but I don't want to spend that much at the same time :p 

I could pull some of the DLC off and just leave the bigger faction DLCs which would drop it closer to $100-110 I think, but still. Does anyone here have all the DLC? Is it actually worth it?

7 minutes ago, ShreddieMercury said:

Any under-the-radar, excellent single-player FPS games?  I've been on a kick of replaying my favorites and trying to find new ones.  Playing Turbo Overkill right now and it's amazing.

Selaco seems amazing so far but it’s early access and not on sale. Beyond Sunset is early access also (and has a demo) but is on sale for so cheap I picked it up though I was planning to wait for release. I’ve heard good things and steam reviews are high. 

There’s Dusk which is excellent if you haven’t played that already. Amid Evil seems cool from what I’ve played same with Warhammer Boltgun (on gamepass).  Trepang 2 is an overlooked Fear-like that is on sale atm.

• stepee 1

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Selaco seems amazing so far but it’s early access and not on sale. Beyond Sunset is early access also (and has a demo) but is on sale for so cheap I picked it up though I was planning to wait for release. I’ve heard good things and steam reviews are high. 

There’s Dusk which is excellent if you haven’t played that already. Amid Evil seems cool from what I’ve played same with Warhammer Boltgun (on gamepass).  Trepang 2 is an overlooked Fear-like that is on sale atm.

I've read amazing things about Selaco.  Just too bad that it's still years away from completion.  Ditto for Fallen Aces, a promising immersive-sim/retro shooter.

Despite the praise, I can't quite recommend Amid Evil.  It has a really cool visual style, but I found it quite boring in comparison to things like Dusk.  I think Turbo Overkill might dethrone Dusk for me as the best of the modern FPS revival/boomer shooter phase that we're in now.

I have Trepang2 on Xbox, which is cool, but I found it to be another case of developers coming up with really great feeling gameplay, and then not knowing how to design the actual game.  Happens quite frequently in the indie space unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, ShreddieMercury said:

I've read amazing things about Selaco.  Just too bad that it's still years away from completion.  Ditto for Fallen Aces, a promising immersive-sim/retro shooter.

Despite the praise, I can't quite recommend Amid Evil.  It has a really cool visual style, but I found it quite boring in comparison to things like Dusk.  I think Turbo Overkill might dethrone Dusk for me as the best of the modern FPS revival/boomer shooter phase that we're in now.

I have Trepang2 on Xbox, which is cool, but I found it to be another case of developers coming up with really great feeling gameplay, and then not knowing how to design the actual game.  Happens quite frequently in the indie space unfortunately.

Yeah Trepang2 is a lot of fun just to play mechanically so it’s worth a pick up imo, but I know what you mean. I kinda settled into it but that was my first impression, a sort of blandness to the design. Like look at a scene in Selaco vs Trepang2 and there’s just so much more detail and thought into the stages. Fun though!

I actually do not have Turbo Overkill. I wishlisted it now and might get it on the sale but damnit another early access!