Tattoo ideas

Siebzehn

I have one tattoo, it's a Harry Potter related tattoo that I got way back in the day spur of the moment that I'm not particularly fond of anymore. I've been thinking about covering it or getting another one so at least the only tattoo I have isn't inspired by a transphobe. 

So y'all have any good ideas?

• stepee 1

5 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Isn’t it time for you to just mysteriously disappear for another long time?

What's mysterious about not posting on a message board? 

Why do you thrive on negative attention so much? Imagine if you actually just posted as if I was asking a real question. That'd be weird, right?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Best said:

I always found the LOTR series having just an abundant amount of beautiful ideas for tats. Are you interested in that?

Yes indeed! That's currently what's been in my head for a while. Just seeing if the random musings of the Internet had any interesting ideas

• Hype 1

3 minutes ago, Siebzehn said:

What's mysterious about not posting on a message board? 

Why do you thrive on negative attention so much? Imagine if you actually just posted as if I was asking a real question. That'd be weird, right?

I don’t have any tattoos. I don’t like tattoos. I think they are stupid. 

Better?

Just now, Chris- said:

Your best bet is probably to find an artist you like and send them a photo, they’ll have a better idea of how to incorporate it into a cover up. 

I mean sure yeah, I'm not really expecting you guys to draw out a tattoo for me to fix my issue. This thread isn't meant to solve it, just a thread.

6 minutes ago, Siebzehn said:

I mean sure yeah, I'm not really expecting you guys to draw out a tattoo for me to fix my issue. This thread isn't meant to solve it, just a thread.

It's hard to come up with ideas without knowing what needs to be covered up or how since any one idea may not incorporate it well.

6 minutes ago, Siebzehn said:

Why do you thrive on negative attention so much? 

6 minutes ago, Chris- said:

It's hard to come up with ideas without knowing what needs to be covered up or how since any one idea may not incorporate it well.

I get that. Might just be a bad thread? It happens.

6 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Why do you thrive on negative attention so much? 

Do you think I was trying to bait you with this earlier or that you're going to bait me now? It's not going to happen. I'm not interested 

Just now, Siebzehn said:

Do you think I was trying to bait you with this earlier or that you're going to bait me now? It's not going to happen. I'm not interested 

Cool. I don’t care. 

6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Aren't you a Navy boy? Why not get an anchor tattoo? Plus it means you're stable and grounded. Which you clearly are.

I am a Navy person, true. It's a good idea from an outside perspective of the Navy but Navy themed tattoos within the Navy are pretty cringe and for "booters" (those new to the Navy) generally 

1 minute ago, Siebzehn said:

I am a Navy person, true. It's a good idea from an outside perspective of the Navy but Navy themed tattoos within the Navy are pretty cringe and for "booters" (those new to the Navy) generally 

Well it could be a non navy anchor tattoo!

1 minute ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I have some LOTR tattoos.

I was trying to think who recently got a LOTR tat on here but I couldn't remember. You...you are the one!

• Hype 1

So I’m heavily inked, finishing my back and neck tomorrow hopefully, if not then just neck and start on finishing my left leg.

Review your artists portfolios, the most important thing is to make sure their work aligns with what you view as art you want. Then give them a general idea of your image and then run with it; they’re better at art than us. My current piece went a direction I didn’t envision but it’s great because artist came up with the art. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Siebzehn said:

Missed this

i was a tanker in the marines, my current piece is a tank but not the one I served on. There’s nothing wrong with getting Americana inked on you if you want just don’t make it super bootfuckery like for a marine that’d be devil dog or something.

1 minute ago, TUFKAK said:

Missed this

i was a tanker in the marines, my current piece is a tank but not the one I served on. There’s nothing wrong with getting Americana inked on you if you want just don’t make it super bootfuckery like for a marine that’d be devil dog or something.

True there are ways to incorporate something into a tattoo that isn't booter but for me it feels like a retirement tattoo. I'm not really Navy-Navy if you know what I mean. It's a job, and maybe someday I'll be nostalgic and get one but not really into it as of now.

Also an anchor tattoo is about the most booter thing for Navy folks :p

3 minutes ago, Siebzehn said:

True there are ways to incorporate something into a tattoo that isn't booter but for me it feels like a retirement tattoo. I'm not really Navy-Navy if you know what I mean. It's a job, and maybe someday I'll be nostalgic and get one but not really into it as of now.

Also an anchor tattoo is about the most booter thing for Navy folks :p

Oh definitely do. For me it was just an expression of identity so I picked it; not anything that screams Marine at anyone and it’s not anything most would assume Marine etc. 

Gotta be something similar for you Navy types.

Just pick what you want to wear, you’ll wear it for life after all