What hot sauce do you use on your Taco Bell?

Siebzehn

3 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Diablo. It's not the best tasting of their sauces, but I don't find any of their sauces all that tasty to begin with so I'll take the extra heat.

That's how I thought I'd be when it came out but damn I just don't like the flavor. Wish they made a hotter fire

• True 2
  • Halal 1

47 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Diablo. It's not the best tasting of their sauces, but I don't find any of their sauces all that tasty to begin with so I'll take the extra heat.

This is, word for word, what I was going to type. I also concur that I wish they'd make a better tasting sauce that's as hot or hotter. 

Just now, Siebzehn said:

But just to be clear y'all use hot sauce? You aren't taking your Taco Bell raw and dry like other people, right?

I take hot sauce with everything. Taco bell? Sauce. Mashed potatoes? Sauce. Sauce? Sauce. 

• Hugs 1

1 minute ago, LazyPiranha said:

There’s some Taco Bell I don’t eat sauced because it’s too much of a pain in the ass.  A crunchwrap is a bitch to hold one handed and drizzle with sauce as you go along.  

You eating your taco bell on a hike or something?

• stepee 1

Just now, Siebzehn said:

You eating your taco bell on a hike or something?

A crunchwrap is rigid and can be held in one hand for about 15 seconds, and after that it’s like trying to eat a syrup soaked pancake.  Sitting in my car it’s still a pain to try and keep that thing together while eating it.  Probably why I never really get them.

1 minute ago, LazyPiranha said:

A crunchwrap is rigid and can be held in one hand for about 15 seconds, and after that it’s like trying to eat a syrup soaked pancake.  Sitting in my car it’s still a pain to try and keep that thing together while eating it.  Probably why I never really get them.

Fair fair. I'm not much of a car fast food eater. Just not my vibe.

• stepee 1

Just now, Siebzehn said:

Nope. I’ll wait until I get that shit home. I’m not having food drippings all over my ride. 

Just now, Siebzehn said:

The majority of my fast food eating is in the car.  It’s way easier to put some diablo on a taco or unwrap a burrito for a hot second.

1 hour ago, Siebzehn said:

But just to be clear y'all use hot sauce? You aren't taking your Taco Bell raw and dry like other people, right?

I'm not a monster. I have kids that need a role model.

• True 1

2 hours ago, SoberChef said:

First off, I prefer a local taqueria over TB, fuck that place. As for hot sauce, huge fan of the verde Hot Ones sauce as a solid all around go to sauce.

I can tell you're not native Californian cause we're ride or die Taco Bell. 

4 hours ago, TheShader said:

I can tell you're not native Californian cause we're ride or die Taco Bell. 

You just claimed Cali ... and you're subbing for TB. I hope you know how atrociously awful that comes across. Like arguably ya'll got THE BEST authentic Mexican food NOT from Mexico FFS!

44 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

You just claimed Cali ... and you're subbing for TB. I hope you know how atrociously awful that comes across. Like arguably ya'll got THE BEST authentic Mexican food NOT from Mexico FFS!

Now that Rubio's has closed we need the next best thing

WWW.LATIMES.COM

Carlsbad-based Rubio's said it would keep operating 86 remaining restaurants in California, Arizona and Nevada. Employees say they were given no notice.

• Hugs 1

Depends on the item.  For most of my regular items I use 1x Hot and 1x Fire on every item.  For a standard bean burrito I use just Hot.  For Breakfast sausage crunchwraps I use just Fire.  For a chicken burrito I use Diablo.  We don't talk about Mild.

2 hours ago, SoberChef said:

You non Californian just don't know Taco Bell simply hits different and it's not a competition. Non californians/Mexicans always think it's gotta be a competition to prove you have a pallette refined only for the most authentic of authentic. It ain't about that. We have confidence in how great our Mexican food is and know they ain't gotta compete like it's some kind of Food World Cup :peace:

21 minutes ago, Slug said:

Depends on the item.  For most of my regular items I use 1x Hot and 1x Fire on every item.  For a standard bean burrito I use just Hot.  For Breakfast sausage crunchwraps I use just Fire.  For a chicken burrito I use Diablo.  We don't talk about Mild.

For most anything on the menu I use 4x fire

• stepee 1

4 minutes ago, Siebzehn said:

For most anything on the menu I use 4x fire

A strong option for sure.  Really there's no wrong answer here (except Mild in any form).  Personally I find 2 packets to be the sweet spot.  More than that and I think most items get a little too saucy.  Most items already have sauce of some kind on them (Red sauce on the bean burrito, jalapeno sauce on the Cheesy Gordita Crunch, Verde on the chicken burrito, etc.).  Adding 4 packets starts to make items lose texture IMO.

7 minutes ago, Slug said:

A strong option for sure.  Really there's no wrong answer here (except Mild in any form).  Personally I find 2 packets to be the sweet spot.  More than that and I think most items get a little too saucy.  Most items already have sauce of some kind on them (Red sauce on the bean burrito, jalapeno sauce on the Cheesy Gordita Crunch, Verde on the chicken burrito, etc.).  Adding 4 packets starts to make items lose texture IMO.

Oh I take all of those sauces off when I order them. 

• Shocked 2