Is Chick-fil-A actually that good?

Siebzehn

21 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I have no idea what criteria this map was generated from, but it is for sure not plainly what it claims to be :p

Well here's the site. Feel free to contact them if you have questions

https://www.datapandas.org/ranking/most-popular-fast-food-by-state#full-data

I only post it in contrast to a 2016 one

https://www.businessinsider.com/most-popular-fast-food-chain-in-every-state-2016-8

6 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I am reasonably confident New Jersey and New York have zero Church’s, so I have no idea where this map came from.

Maybe they had them at one point. If I search for Church's Chicken New Jersey there's a handful of restaurants but they say permanently closed.

Also, maybe people from New Jersey just like Church's Chicken and go out of state to get it. It doesn't have to mean most popular restaurant that is in the state.

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well here's the site. Feel free to contact them if you have questions

https://www.datapandas.org/ranking/most-popular-fast-food-by-state#full-data

I only post it in contrast to a 2016 one

https://www.businessinsider.com/most-popular-fast-food-chain-in-every-state-2016-8

You post it you own it, explain yourself.

3 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

You post it you own it, explain yourself.

I'm going with this explanation:

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Also, maybe people from New Jersey just like Church's Chicken and go out of state to get it. It doesn't have to mean most popular restaurant that is in the state.

If one thing is nearly consistent across both maps it In-n-out in the same states. There are only 12 in-n-outs in Utah and 4 in Oregon. So there must be some outside influence on those opinions, it would be hard to believe that a whole state would love a restaurant with only 12 locations right?

22 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I am reasonably confident New Jersey and New York have zero Church’s, so I have no idea where this map came from.

I never seen one and sure enough ain’t one in NJ and NY

IMG-2189.png

@Keyser_Soze way to post fake news 

8 minutes ago, Brian said:

I never seen one and sure enough ain’t one in NJ and NY

IMG-2189.png

@Keyser_Soze way to post fake news 

I’ve lived in NJ my whole life and think I’ve seen one Church’s Chicken in Burlington or Mount Holly years ago, but it’s not there anymore.

A&W in Texas is fuckin joke, and not even a good joke. Texas is Whataburger State, plain and simple. A&W wouldn't even rank in the top ten. #1 would be WB, and numbers 2-10 would be whatever taco place is closest.

As far as Chick-fil-a goes, they used to be amazing, back in the 80's and early 90's. Once they became "mainstream" and the size of their sandwiches shrunk in half, they're not even kind of what they used to be. My wife and I drive by them and scratch our heads at the drive-thru lines going around the building. I liked CFA back in the day, but it's not that great, and it definitely isn't good enough to sit in a long ass line for.

On 6/26/2024 at 12:18 PM, Best said:

Chick-fil-a basically turned into what Pizza Hut has become. A shell of it's former self. 

I still stand my comment that you'll get a better meal at Popeyes. 

You will absolutely get better food at Popeyes.  The service on the other hand…

Also lest we forget:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

You will absolutely get better food at Popeyes.  The service on the other hand…

Also lest we forget:

Popeyes has the same charm as Waffle House. The food is only 50% of why you go. The other 50% is cause there's a high chance you'll get to watch a cashier fist fight someone while you're eating. 

The service is a feature, not a bug. 

We have a Church Chicken, which is the one I forgot to mention being also located in that chicken corner of my city.  Their chicken is big but doesn’t have the seasoning I’m looking for like in Popeye’s or Mary Brown’s. Although their Jalapeño Bombers are addicting as hell, and will usually buy 2 large boxes when I near by. Well I like them, but my mom fucking loves them. 

I really like the food at Chick fil-A, but it's absolutely overhyped, IMO. As far as fast food goes, it's obviously unhealthy but it tastes good, I think, but there's no way in hell it's worth waiting in line for 15+ minutes for. If I ever get it, I always use the app to order ahead and breeze through the drive-thru. And since I was recently reminded that they're still donating to anti-LGBTQ causes, I likely won't be giving them any more of my money, at least. 

• stepee 2

On 6/26/2024 at 7:27 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

For Wade eating is a punishment. The way he eats is an act of self flagellation. It's no longer shocking to see how he attempts to remove all pleasure from the act of preparing or consuming food.

This is completely accurate!

If I could simply take a pill and never have to eat (or sleep) again, I would!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Best said:

Jesus. The highlight of my day is eating food and getting a great night sleep. I actually look forward to sleeping. 

What you miss is he is a machine designed to emulate a human. So he has food cravings despite technically not needing to eat food, only needs an oil change every 3,000 miles.

2 minutes ago, TheShader said:

What you miss is he is a machine designed to emulate a human. So he has food cravings despite technically not needing to eat food, only needs an oil change every 3,000 miles.

I honestly have thought about this before.