Is Chick-fil-A actually that good?

Siebzehn

It's mid at best. I have gas stations that are more my go-to than CFA. Popeyes is the GOAT.

And the big secret to CFA is they marinate their chicken in pickle juice. If you want a superior option then marinate your chicken overnight in jalapeno brine and season your chicken with salt and pepper. 1,000x better than pickle brine.

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, TheShader said:

It's mid at best. I have gas stations that are more my go-to than CFA. Popeyes is the GOAT.

And the big secret to CFA is they marinate their chicken in pickle juice. If you want a superior option then marinate your chicken overnight in jalapeno brine and season your chicken with salt and pepper. 1,000x better than pickle brine.

I've definitely marinated my chicken in pickle juice but haven't done jalapeno brine before. I'll have to give that a try

• stepee 1

It's fine, but I never understood the hype. The cafeteria at work serves it now and I've gotten it a few times, mostly the chicken biscuits for my husband when I get off shift. I don't eat fast food often, but Popeye's is better.

I do love their milkshakes, though. I will go there 2-3 times a year for a shake.

I personally think it is that good. I actually think the Popeyes sandwich is kinda bland and tastes mostly of bun and pickle. The CFA "flavor" is more noticeable thru the bun. I'm more of a nugget guy from CFA. Wish they were breaded more tho. Flavor is great.

Just now, TheShader said:

Also, best sauce you can get in the game is the Burger King Zesty Sauce. You're welcome. Whether you like Burger King overall or not, the Zesty sauce will knock your pants off and get you pregnant.

Zesty sauce and horsey sauce are two of my favourites 

• Hype 1

They are just building my city’s first CFA right now about 5-8mins up the road. That whole corner is pretty much gonna be an all chicken walking distance options. Within’ 3mins of the new CFA is a Popeye’s, KFC, Wing’s Up(they’ve gone down hill since they went “big”) Dave’s Hot Chicken just opened a few month’s ago as well (haven’t tried) Although the best I saved for last, as we Canadian’s get Mary Brown’s chicken and it’s my fav. Good spice and a really juicy chicken.

An actual good spicy chicken sandwich that doesn't just taste like a regular chicken sandwich is so hard to find. I don't often have anything good to say about Arby's but their Dare sandwich from a couple years ago was a damn good spicy chicken sandwich from a chain restaurant.

Chick Fil A is fine. When you're getting off a long ass flight and there's one in the airport, it's a godsend. That said, I'll never understand why they're so bad at breading their chicken, it always looks like LeBron's hairline in 2013; patchy as hell. It's also not uncommon for them to have lines in their drive throughs and the notion that anyone would wait in line for Chick Fil A absolutely boggles the mind.

Popeyes and KFC sandos are better. Though I will say that Chick Fil A is usually more consistent than either. It's occasionally obvious that KFC or Popeyes needs to change out their oil and I don't think I've ever had that happen at a Chick Fil A.

Also I've not eaten there in a long time because they love Jesus so whatever.

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

My friend showed me an old image that had chickfila dominating the map (which is what I thought this thread might be based on) but I looked it up, seems like Chipotle has risen up

spacer.png

I've never been to Wyoming, but I feel like it's too far West to be Hardees.

7 minutes ago, TheShader said:

I've never been to Wyoming, but I feel like it's too far West to be Hardees.

According to their website they have 3 Carl's Jr. and 2 Hardee's in Wyoming. :p

But they also have 1 Carl's Jr. in Florida so seems like distance isn't an issue anymore.

6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

According to their website they have 3 Carl's Jr. and 2 Hardee's in Wyoming. :p

But they also have 1 Carl's Jr. in Florida so seems like distance isn't an issue anymore.

I'm gonna call that close enough for me to be right, Carl's Jr still be outnumbering Hardees :p.

On a different note, I'm pleasantly surprised at the amount of A&W. Funny enough, I was just commenting to the kid at the gas station register how the gas station used to be an A&W back in the 80s/90s.

1 hour ago, TheShader said:

I'm gonna call that close enough for me to be right, Carl's Jr still be outnumbering Hardees :p.

This is where you are mistaken. It's based on popularity not number of restaurants so in this case the 2 Hardees are more popular than the 3 Carl's Jr.s

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

My friend showed me an old image that had chickfila dominating the map (which is what I thought this thread might be based on) but I looked it up, seems like Chipotle has risen up

spacer.png

I have no idea what criteria this map was generated from, but it is for sure not plainly what it claims to be :p

15 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I have no idea what criteria this map was generated from, but it is for sure not plainly what it claims to be :p

Definitely. Smash Burger in Pennsylvania? I  never saw one of those and I looked it up to find they only have 7 locations in the whole state.

3 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

Definitely. Smash Burger in Pennsylvania? I  never saw one of those and I looked it up to find they only have 7 locations in the whole state.

I am reasonably confident New Jersey and New York have zero Church’s, so I have no idea where this map came from.