Heading to [somewhere on Planet Earth] tomorrow AMA - the official D1P travel thread

stepee

Knocked out most of Disneyland and now doing Disney Studio Park Paris so more new stuff here. The spider man ride where you actually web along at robot spiders like a game was a lot of fun!

• stepee 1
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, SuperSpreader said:

Are you still of the opinion that the French are generally nice too?

Are you more Paris or Dublin type so far?

Yeah the people are generally very nice here imo! I haven’t really met anyone rude. And everyone has been very helpful.

I will definitely visit Paris more (especially when half the city isn’t shut down) but Dublin is more “me” despite the weather. I just really felt that city and could see living there.

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

• stepee changed the title to Heading to London tomorrow AMA
30 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Damn bro you are on one hell of a journey! Are you going to Japan also or is that another later time?

That will be next year - After London Im hoping to still have the energy for Frankfurt and Berlin in Germany - that is the plan but I’ll see - definitely going to be exhausted when I return 

• stepee 1
  • Hugs 1

31 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Damn bro you are on one hell of a journey! Are you going to Japan also or is that another later time?

Japan I. don’t want to rush at all so I plan to do 3-4 weeks for that 

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

This thread makes me jealous as fuck, I never got to go abroad as a kid and I've been dying to do so...I had some money put away for a trip with my then-gf/now-wife, but then COVID/grad school/my leg got in the way. I probably have enough money saved to do it now so I might start planning a trip for later this year.

39 minutes ago, Chris- said:

This thread makes me jealous as fuck, I never got to go abroad as a kid and I've been dying to do so...I had some money put away for a trip with my then-gf/now-wife, but then COVID/grad school/my leg got in the way. I probably have enough money saved to do it now so I might start planning a trip for later this year.

I mean if you are serious about this, they seriously still drive through the grass around the same area 

• stepee 1
  • Haha 2

Getting a little nervous about the trip tomorrow now with the arson and stuff today and also them seeming to not have any idea where my clothes are because I’ve been asking a few times and it’s past the hour  when they were supposed to deliver it yesterday now and can’t get any eta beyond “it says today”. 

• stepee 1

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

Getting a little nervous about the trip tomorrow now with the arson and stuff today and also them seeming to not have any idea where my clothes are because I’ve been asking a few times and it’s past the hour  when they were supposed to deliver it yesterday now and can’t get any eta beyond “it says today”. 

Time to play this game to get your nervousness up

STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Friend. Confidant. Therapist. Voyeur. As a cab driver working the Paris night shift, you are many things to different people. Your gift is getting people to talk; and in order to catch the serial killer who left you for dead, that’s exactly what you’ll need to do.

1 minute ago, Chris- said:

That’s crazy lol

One time I went up to the driver because a homeless guy was sleeping on the grass RIGHT behind the vehicle (which was parked on the grass while the driver was taking a break) and tried to get him to look behind him just to point it out but he refused and just gave me sarcastic thumbs up.

• stepee 1

oof they can even sort it out tomorrow at this point for all I care so I can just rest and not deal with anyone else tonight but they are like no it has to be tonight or we have issues with that company 

• stepee 1

like maybe I’m not communicating it right but how do you say I just want to get loaded on thc edibles and I can’t if i’m expecting a delivery all night at some mystery time and you guys are up super fucking late and i don’t want to be on edge for hours in french

• stepee 1

Just now, SuperSpreader said:

the US is always pretending to be under attack but it's a different story when you're in EU and WAY CLOSER to your enemies

tbf this seems france on france and way more mild than OUR domestic terrorists  

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1

Just now, SuperSpreader said:

skip these and go to Prague

Berlin is ease of first place to get to. Frankfurt is because it’s where my Grandma was raised and my Mom was born.

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

12 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

You'd be a little behind the curve in supporting the independence of the Republic of Ireland from the UK as that happened in 1922 :p

Ok fine NORTHERN Ireland!

• stepee 1

I guess then that would be wanting unity for Ireland so it’s all under its own republic. That def is prob smtn right wingers want but just a guess. Just cuz populism is easy power.

• stepee 1