Heading to [somewhere on Planet Earth] tomorrow AMA - the official D1P travel thread

stepee

32 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I suspect it's just French TRAVELERS/TOURISTS are rude and it's probably because travel is usually something people w/ money do, and they tend to be more rude. So therefore Americans experience French people as rude.

It’s possible but I bet it’s most likely people parroting it without ever having been/annoying Americans getting called out for being annoying. Just a hunch!

Went cbd vape hunting since both thc and hhc are illegal here and the first guy didn’t have them but was rly nice and gave me direction to another store that did and that guy was nice and explained the rules where you can kinda sneak thc gummies a bit here and idk Im getting good vibes in general.

I bet most places if you are nice and courteous and humble if you are asking for help and not expecting the red carpet have people that are generally nice. Besides Americans, I mean.

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1

The food you can get delivered to you past midnight is fucking insane from quality, portion, and even price. One of the best meals I ever had and it was like $56 after uber eats fees and enough to easily feed at least two hungry normal people who don’t eat only once a day.

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1

I think, at least at my age, if I was a normal person I’d prefer to do like four trips over 4 years than try to cram it all in to one trip. It’s fine for me because I don’t work and have no time limit and can just throw away whole days to relax and recalibrate and then continue on. But trying to actually cram 4-5 places in a month when you start to consider travel time and time zone changes and then trying to do as much as possible in the 4 or so full days each country and all, it just would be too exhausting for me at 42.

• stepee 1

Got stronger thc gummis now, up to 10mg per gummi. I gotta be careful tho cuz they are legit and the ones last night actually seemed stronger per mg than back home. It’s funny how I couldn’t google anything decent about how to do it, I had to just talk to people here. 

I guess because people are specifically trying to find “weed” and nobody is mentioning you can’t get that but you can get thc.

• stepee 1
  • Hype 1

22 hours ago, stepee said:

Also if you are an ex cig smoker like me I recommend a cbd vape so you can participate without getting re-addicted - because man is it is tempting around here.

I bought a vape with no nicotine. Which means I actually have no idea what's in it. I was doing really good with it for a while, I've been smoking damn near a pack a day for the last week. Vapes don't have that burn.

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I bought a vape with no nicotine. Which means I actually have no idea what's in it. I was doing really good with it for a while, I've been smoking damn near a pack a day for the last week. Vapes don't have that burn.

Oh definitely they do not! Luckily it’s been about three years since I quit cigs so the cbd is working just fine to not be too tempted though of course I would kill literally all the kings horses to puff on a real one with no consequences

• stepee 1

16 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

What's new @stepee

Actually tried to get to the Pantheon today by where you stayed but that entire part of the city is blocked off and couldn’t even use an uber to get over there cuz cops. :(

It’s okay more stuff to see when I return. Also couldn’t get a ticket during my stay here for the Louvre tho I did walk by it today.

I did secure a ticket for disneyland tomorrow so I’ll be doing that, probably rest mostly Friday, then heading to London via train on Sat.

• stepee 1
  • Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, stepee said:

Actually tried to get to the Pantheon today by where you stayed but that entire part of the city is blocked off and couldn’t even use an uber to get over there cuz cops. :(

It’s okay more stuff to see when I return. Also couldn’t get a ticket during my stay here for the Louvre tho I did walk by it today.

I did secure a ticket for disneyland tomorrow so I’ll be doing that, probably rest mostly Friday, then heading to London via train on Sat.

Blocked off for the Olympics?

Just now, SuperSpreader said:

Blocked off for the Olympics?

Yeah, it actually seems like things open a bit more after they start aka the day I leave because i see dates returning around then. But I guess due to the staging it’s super closed right now.

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1

5 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Are you buying any cool video game related stuff while you are traveling abroad? 

I haven’t thought of much/seen much that had been interesting except I did buy a full ass oled switch in Ireland and a copy of Pikmin 4 so I think that counts :P

Next year in Japan is when I’ll need a bag just for video game stuff or even maybe ship some stuff back home

• stepee 1
  • Hugs 1

12 minutes ago, stepee said:

I haven’t thought of much/seen much that had been interesting except I did buy a full ass oled switch in Ireland and a copy of Pikmin 4 so I think that counts :P

Next year in Japan is when I’ll need a bag just for video game stuff or even maybe ship some stuff back home

Japan is going to be fucking amazing. It’s the only place I’ve wanted to visit. 

• stepee 1