Heading to [somewhere on Planet Earth] tomorrow AMA - the official D1P travel thread

stepee

10 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I know we aren't permitted to share anyone's personal information on the boards but lets just say what if its real juicy? Do we get a one time gossip pass?

jack black GIF

Might have been irish girl thing.

• stepee 1

Booked France for Friday. Is their dollar super bad right now or something? It was less than a thousand for a the flight and four nights at a four star in city center which looks gorgeous. 

I expected it to potentially scare me off with pricing cuz olympics the next week.

• stepee 1
  • Hype 1

8 hours ago, Biggie said:

Damn that is breath taking

It’s the upper lake in Glendalough. The entire area including the Wicklow mountains on the drive up are insanely gorgeous. You could just point your camera anywhere and it’s a great shot.

Parts of Braveheart were filmed in the Wicklow mountains which makes sense as I could see it as a stand in.

• stepee 1

Have to say that this has been a great travel companion:

A.CO

I can’t get amazon links to embed nicely but it’s a reasonably slim anker 5000mah magsafe charger to attach to the back of your phone. I’m always running out of charge but also prefer not to carry a bag for a heavier charger unless I have to.

This fits easily in my pocket without be intrusive and snapping to my phone means I can use it easily as normal (just swap it with my wallet). For $30 it’s a nice thing to have. I find it works best to just run its charge out first if it’s a long trip so you can go for good long while still at 100%. 

On my iphone 15 pro max it still gets you a good extra full charge.

• stepee 1

On 7/15/2024 at 6:31 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

Do the people there enjoy VNV Nation a lot?

On 7/15/2024 at 6:40 AM, stepee said:

That entirely depends on whatever the fuck that is!

It’s the band who made this song featured at the end of Hellblade: Senua’s Saga...

• stepee changed the title to Heading to Paris tomorrow AMA
46 minutes ago, Biggie said:

AMA?  Are you going to attend any of the Olympic Events? Check out Break Dancing!

I will not! I am purposefully going to stay at the most until the day before they start because I don’t want to deal with annnny of that 

• stepee 1
  • Sad 1

WWW.RUBY-HOTELS.COM

Book your stay at Ruby Molly Hotel & Bar in Dublin. Enjoy luxury for less, right in the heart of the city.

This was my Dublin hotel, I have nothing but very positive things to say from atmosphere, to uniqueness (being able to rent guitars to play in your room) to location, to the staff, etc

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1