Heading to [somewhere on Planet Earth] tomorrow AMA - the official D1P travel thread

stepee

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

That's why I always say in the winter, when these east coast / midwest elitists laugh at the idea of it getting cold here. I say well they're in a dry cold. Here is a wet cold so that's why when it gets to 50 or below you're feeling the chill.

The winters on the east coast are anything but a "dry cold".

• True 1

19 minutes ago, stepee said:

I think I might be a simple person and the food here rly works for me. Nothing super extravagant, just beans and beef and cabbage and carrots and stuff but damn not often do I think about how good a meal was after as that one. Portions seem huge here too I’m absolutely stuffed and annoyed cuz I wish I could eat more.

I'm all about those hearty meals.

• Hype 1

13 minutes ago, stepee said:

Mostly just they say Guinness is real good here. I think it’s dog shit back home so I don’t believe it. I’ll try def. Bet it’s still not great but who knows. 

I've had Guinness in London and it's the same as here. Maybe it's more special in Ireland somehow? It's fine. I don't really consider it to be heavy or particularly flavorful or anything.

2 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I've had Guinness in London and it's the same as here. Maybe it's more special in Ireland somehow? It's fine. I don't really consider it to be heavy or particularly flavorful or anything.

It’s from here specifically and kinda what put them on the map I guess which is why they say it. But yeah I seriously doubt it’s any good but only one way to find out!

• stepee 1

2 hours ago, stepee said:

@SuperSpreader I do think from what I know about you that you would like it here. It’s chill. Calm. People are nice. Walking is good. People seem to walk most everywhere and are fit. Food is good and reasonably priced for large portions. 

Maybe next time! Although I'm considering Mexico since I'm a dual.

• stepee 1

6 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Are you planning to go to the Cliffs of Moher?

I wasn’t aware of it but Jesus now I want to. I realized just now I don’t need maps to navigate the city much anymore, as lazy as I feel I’ve been. So I’m going to look at wilderness things for tomorrow. That seems a bit far tho :(

Oh yeah that’s 3hrs out - not this trip.

• stepee 1

Also I think a very American thing I do is not remember names. I talked with this lady last night and just saw her in the lobby and she instantly called me by my name and for the life of me I do not know hers.

I should try harder there.

• stepee 1

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

Also I think a very American thing I do is not remember names. I talked with this lady last night and just saw her in the lobby and she instantly called me by my name and for the life of me I do not know hers.

I should try harder there.

Just imagine her naked and you'll remember her name.

That's how the saying goes right? :confused:

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Just imagine her naked and you'll remember her name.

That's how the saying goes right? :confused:

Idk that sounds kinda gross. Also she was married to a guy I also liked a lot. But i don’t remember his name either.

• stepee 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

Idk that sounds kinda gross. Also she was married to a guy I also liked a lot. But i don’t remember his name either.

Ah so you're jealous because you want to imagine the guy naked but he's married to her. 🤔

When I was binging on my deck when I first got it and then binging on my quest 3 at insane hours Keyser was always up posting etc. He is AI and not human. He's legends sibling. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Best said:

When I was binging on my deck when I first got it and then binging on my quest 3 at insane hours Keyser was always up posting etc. He is AI and not human. He's legends sibling. 

season 3 cocaine GIF by Power

• True 1
  • Hype 1

12 minutes ago, Biggie said:

season 3 cocaine GIF by Power

I've always been curious about cocaine. But I remember Andrea claiming that the hangovers from it are brutal. But she'd always mix booze with it so that may have been the issue. 

Let me be abundantly clear about something that I had hoped would be pretty goddamned obvious to a bunch of adults who have been posting together for about two decades now:

The posting of personal/private information without the consent of another user is now prohibited.  Period.  End of story.

Failure to comply with this rule will result in a very long vacation from this site.

I'm simply too old and too tired for this nonsense.  If you can't interact with each other in a relatively civil manner, then do the rest of us a favor and don't interact at all.

• Shocked 1
  • Hugs 1

10 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Let me be abundantly clear about something that I had hoped would be pretty goddamned obvious to a bunch of adults who have been posting together for about two decades now:

The posting of personal/private information without the consent of another user is now prohibited.  Period.  End of story.

Failure to comply with this rule will result in a very long vacation from this site.

I'm simply too old and too tired for this nonsense.  If you can't interact with each other in a relatively civil manner, then do the rest of us a favor and don't interact at all.

I think you are still young at heart.

• stepee 1
  • Haha 1