Heading to [somewhere on Planet Earth] tomorrow AMA - the official D1P travel thread

stepee

26 minutes ago, stepee said:

good idea tbh i’m so pooped lol About to get some american ass irish food

I'm largely Irish with some German in me. You should try coddle. It's a Dublin dish that's essentially a stew made with thick-sliced bacon, potatoes, and sausages.

:drool:

36 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Stepee is gonna end up sleeping through the whole day lol

That is the plan -  but the plan is also to get my cycle right and stay extra as needed to do so :P

I actually did a lot of exploring today despite very little sleep tho I walked around for like 6 hours and it was great and got good pics 

• stepee 1
  • Sicko 1

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Hey crank up some House of Pain in your hotel room!

They actually have guitar amps in the room and you can rent an electric guitar so maybe I’ll find the chords!

• stepee 1
  • Hype 1

33 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I almost took a job in Dublin last year but I passed on it. It might've been fun but my current gig pays 2x and I want to retire by the time I'm 52.

def worth it to hit that goal!

• stepee 1

22 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Is that what people are calling you? lol

How's the accent? Endearing or annoying (like the Brits)

It's annoying...believe me. Don't believe him if he says no. My entire family and relatives (who live in Dublin) are Irish and I've heard it all. It drives me to thoughts of putting a pistol in my mouth. 

• Shocked 1

21 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Is that what people are calling you? lol

How's the accent? Endearing or annoying (like the Brits)

lol I didn’t get one yet myself but I heard people using it and see it written like in my hotel. I like it.

The people here seem to be more of a mix of european accents, noticing a lot of eastern european sounding accents. The actual irish accent varies between cool sounding and incomprehensible depending on the sobriety level I think. Women with irish accents sound amazing.

• stepee 1

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The current humidity in Dublin is 85%.

oh weird it shows 79% to me but the “feels like” is right so i guess i don’t understand how humidity works since i always think of it as making it seem hotter

• stepee 1

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

oh weird it shows 79% to me but the “feels like” is right so i guess i don’t understand how humidity works since i always think of it as making it seem hotter

High humidity can make the temperature feel warmer or cooler .

LHTCOOLING.COM

LHT Cooling, Heating & Refrigeration, Inc. is a Myrtle Beach based company that can help answer why does it feel colder when it's humid

• Shocked 1

12 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Guy lives in the bay area and has no idea that humidity can make you feel cold. :p

Yeah def a blind spot, I had no idea. I only knew humidity as like how the heat feels really shitty and sticky in other areas. I think since we do have humidity but amazing weather is actually why I didn’t connect it. 

Is there a term to distinguish if it’s cold or warm humidity? Because I can’t say I hate humidity anymore since it’s not just talking about that dog shit east/south weather.

• stepee 1

I think I might be a simple person and the food here rly works for me. Nothing super extravagant, just beans and beef and cabbage and carrots and stuff but damn not often do I think about how good a meal was after as that one. Portions seem huge here too I’m absolutely stuffed and annoyed cuz I wish I could eat more.

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1

27 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeah def a blind spot, I had no idea. I only knew humidity as like how the heat feels really shitty and sticky in other areas. I think since we do have humidity but amazing weather is actually why I didn’t connect it.

That's why I always say in the winter, when these east coast / midwest elitists laugh at the idea of it getting cold here. I say well they're in a dry cold. Here is a wet cold so that's why when it gets to 50 or below you're feeling the chill.