Heading to [somewhere on Planet Earth] tomorrow AMA - the official D1P travel thread

stepee

Amsterdam and London were incredible, I'll do a big post on it soon with photos when I get my wits about me - we ordered a massive fucking pizza and are about to go apeshit. Greatest Pizza Friday incoming of all time.

• Halal 1

14 minutes ago, Andrea said:

What’s the purple stuff?

I didn't even notice it until you said it now. I was so focused on the popcorn.

To be fair the dish did say it had popcorn. I just thought popcorn was a cheeky way of saying chicharon or something. Not actual popcorn.

I finally leave on Wednesday. Half hour trip to the pier, 2-3 hour boat ride to Phuket, 3-4 hours to kill there, 7 hour plane to Qatar, overnight layover there, then a 14.5 hour flight from there to Philly. That will be tied for my longest ever single flight

• Shocked 1

I had a great time tonight. Met this lovely English couple and walked them through their first time eating bugs. They're pretty good, honestly, they just take crickets and roast them in oil and garlic. it's like eating popcorn.

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

I had a great time tonight. Met this lovely English couple and walked them through their first time eating bugs. They're pretty good, honestly, they just take crickets and roast them in oil and garlic. it's like eating popcorn.

I can picture cricket popcorn getting imported to the US as a food craze. Kodiak Protein Waffles, but it’s crickets.

spacer.png

• Halal 1

Today I went on a 7.5 mile hike on a beautiful 70 degree sunny day (in October!) in the Columbia River Gorge near Portland. Cape Horn, for those who know it!

du7Bd7L.jpeg

And of course I took my doggo <3 

IsBaB5W.jpeg

• stepee 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Halal 1

8 hours ago, Nokra said:

Today I went on a 7.5 mile hike on a beautiful 70 degree sunny day (in October!) in the Columbia River Gorge near Portland. Cape Horn, for those who know it!

du7Bd7L.jpeg

And of course I took my doggo <3 

IsBaB5W.jpeg

Beautiful picture of your pup. 

• Thanks 1

It's kind of weird to observe different standards of cleanliness. Over here, you do NOT wear your shoes indoors anywhere (except the grocery store, which is weird all things considered). You even go to the doctor or the dentist and they'll have bare feet because wearing shoes inside is considered kind of gross.

13 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

It's kind of weird to observe different standards of cleanliness. Over here, you do NOT wear your shoes indoors anywhere (except the grocery store, which is weird all things considered). You even go to the doctor or the dentist and they'll have bare feet because wearing shoes inside is considered kind of gross.

Toes are gross

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Think you'll be in London in time to see the Jaguars?

Fuck London, fuck the British. They literally add stupid ass steps to everything and make everything more difficult so they can feel something in their miserable lives.

It was funny seeing them bicker with each other in the All Other non-EU passport customs line. Sour grape whiny fucks.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Fuck London, fuck the British. They literally add stupid ass steps to everything and make everything more difficult so they can feel something in their miserable lives.

It was funny seeing them bicker with each other in the All Other non-EU passport customs line. Sour grape whiny fucks.

The Jaguars though.