Heading to [somewhere on Planet Earth] tomorrow AMA - the official D1P travel thread

stepee

45 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

At St Giles Cathedral now, I sat for a little Presbyterian service from a female minister. I don’t mind Christianity like this, far from the loud fire and brimstone stuff I grew up with. It was kind of serene. 

Going to Edinburgh Castle in a bit. This is really a beautiful city. I love the architecture. 

Also gotta buy some whisky for my brother and a friend. Plenty of options, but as someone who doesn’t drink the stuff at all, I don’t know what’s good. Just gonna have to go into a shop and ask for something good that’s not super expensive but also not the cheapest swill available. 

GLENFARCLAS. you can hardly buy it in the states and its just as good as macallan only a fraction of the price. You get to buy a whiskey he's probably never heard of, it's actually really good, and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

GLENFARCLAS. you can hardly buy it in the states and it’s just as good as macallan only a fraction of the price. You get to buy a whiskey he's probably never heard of, it's actually really good, and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Thanks so much! I’ll look for it when I’m done at the castle. Tons of whisky places here in the mile so I’m sure it’ll be easy enough to find. 

• Halal 1

IMGUR.COM

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral...

The small bottles are because my dad wanted to try it but doesn’t think he’ll like it. My mom will finish what he doesn’t drink eventually. They were exclusive to the castle. Clan Dennys is for my bestie at work, and the Glenfarclas is for my brother. 

The guys in the shops were super helpful. 

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1