Heading to [somewhere on Planet Earth] tomorrow AMA - the official D1P travel thread

stepee

8 minutes ago, Chris- said:

What’s first on your itinerary?

Fuuuuck, we’re both so tired. Didn’t sleep any on the flight. 

But since our hotel is literally right next to the Tower of London and Bridge, I think I wanna take the walk to the Bridge today. The Tower is huge and I want plenty of time to devote to that and it closes at like 4:30. 

Have a tour booked for Buckingham Palace tomorrow morning. And I booked dinner for us at Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese tomorrow. 

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1
  • Hype 1

In my room in the cruise ship looking at the NYC skyline. It’s beautiful. I feel very melancholy though. Gonna try to have the best time I can this week. Looking forward to when we set sail and getting to some warmer weather. 

spacer.png

• Halal 1

I've officially been in Thailand long enough that I slept last night without air conditioning because it was too cold with it on. I have ascended.

There's a hotel a couple miles away from me that only costs $14/night and is about 500 feet from the beach and a bar where you can get mushroom smoothies. I haven't gone there yet because it doesn't have AC. I might stay there after next week.

• Haha 1
  • Hype 1

17 hours ago, Andrea said:

In my room in the cruise ship looking at the NYC skyline. It’s beautiful. I feel very melancholy though. Gonna try to have the best time I can this week. Looking forward to when we set sail and getting to some warmer weather. 

spacer.png

Dang what a beautiful view. Where does your cruise take you?

39 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Buckingham Palace was great. Pity I couldn’t take photos because it was so cool seeing this art I was familiar with in person. 

Now at St Paul’s Cathedral and it’s the first of many magnificent churches I’ll be visiting here. Best church I’ve been to in my life. 

Check out the Olde Cheshire Cheese yet?

7 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Reservation for tonight. I’m so excited.

Stepee didn't do my recommendation but you should! Go to the Borough Market for lunch! Honestly was my favorite part of London after 3 different trips to that god forsaken place! So many options! It's fun to walk around and check stuff out. It closes at 5pm (not open monday)!

• Halal 1

This ship kinda sucks lol. I was on Carnival Sunrise earlier this year and it was amazing. I’m now on Royal Caribbean’s Symphony of the Seas. It sounded cool in theory but in practice it just feels like being on a floating mall disconnected from the ocean. The only two places to enjoy ocean views are the raging hot and loud solarium, and the less hot but even louder pool deck. It’s chaos on this ship. Oh well! Will try to make the best of it and enjoy it for the floating mall it is. 

5 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Okay, the lamb was great, I had a Sam Smith’s chocolate stout and a raspberry beer and both were excellent if that’s your thing. And the apple crumble Yorkshire pudding for dessert. 

Love this place. 

God that all sounds amazing.