Heading to [somewhere on Planet Earth] tomorrow AMA - the official D1P travel thread

stepee

I'm sitting in this open air bar (entirely closed bars aren't very common here), the owner just got me to eat some roasted crickets while I'm waiting out a storm so I can go back to where I'm staying 

Fun fact, weed is legal in Thailand now. That wasn't the case the last time I was here. Not like it was hard to get (the further away you get from Bangkok, the less you fear prosecution, and I am damn near the Malaysian border), but now they have dispensaries. 

I'm staying close enough to a mosque that I can hear the call to prayer if I keep my window open. Air conditioning is for chumps.

I'm going to be here for a while I think. 

I actually thought about asking stepee if he wanted to meet me out here... Thinking of him

• stepee 3

Plan so far:

- Thursday redeye to London; connecting flight to Amsterdam, land around 17:00 local time.

- Spend Friday night through Tuesday morning in Amsterdam...Current plans include the Rijksmuseum, finding the best Indonesian food we can, walking around the red light district, getting stoned and picnicking in one of the parks. We're also taking a day trip to Alkmaar and going to the Dutch Cheese Museum, as well as watching a top tier Eredivisie match - AZ Alkmaar vs FC Utrecht.

- Taking the train back to London on Tuesday and getting in around 13:00 local time, staying in Hyde Park until Friday when we fly home...Current plans include going to some of the different markets like Camden and Cecil St, finding some awesome pubs, and the Tower of London. I am seeking incredible Indian food (we might do Jamavar which is a fantasy place with a Michelin star), my wife is looking for a good high tea. 

• Halal 3
  • Hugs 1

That sounds amazing! I need to finally go to Europe. And please report back on the Indian food, I hear it’s amazing in London. 

Seattle was really cool and I enjoyed visiting it. I haven’t been since I was a teenager so it almost felt new again. It’s a gorgeous place. The concert sucked cause it reminded me of the concert I was at a week prior where I got the news that step passed. But overall I’m glad I went. 

Off on a carribean cruise next week though. Went on my first cruise in January and it was AMAZING. Excited for this one. 

• Hugs 1

Drove my dog the two hours to my parents tonight. Saves me hundreds on boarding fees and they love keeping her. 

Back home tomorrow afternoon to pack. We fly to Atlanta at 4pm Saturday, then a redeye to Heathrow that night. Will arrive around 11am London time on Sunday. I suspect we won’t be doing much that first day. 

Getting super excited. 

• stepee 2
  • Halal 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1
  • Hugs 1

5 hours ago, Chris- said:

Plan so far:

- Thursday redeye to London; connecting flight to Amsterdam, land around 17:00 local time.

- Spend Friday night through Tuesday morning in Amsterdam...Current plans include the Rijksmuseum, finding the best Indonesian food we can, walking around the red light district, getting stoned and picnicking in one of the parks. We're also taking a day trip to Alkmaar and going to the Dutch Cheese Museum, as well as watching a top tier Eredivisie match - AZ Alkmaar vs FC Utrecht.

- Taking the train back to London on Tuesday and getting in around 13:00 local time, staying in Hyde Park until Friday when we fly home...Current plans include going to some of the different markets like Camden and Cecil St, finding some awesome pubs, and the Tower of London. I am seeking incredible Indian food (we might do Jamavar which is a fantasy place with a Michelin star), my wife is looking for a good high tea. 

Check out some of the oldest pubs in London - the Olde Cheshire Cheese and the Spaniards Inn. They're both hundreds of years old* and well worth a visit 

*And I mean actually hundreds of years old. You'll see a lot of pubs say "est. 1723" or whatever, but the current building was built in the 80s. Not so with those two. The Cheshire Cheese was built shortly after the fire of 1666. Can't remember how old the Spaniards is, but it's old as dirt and a little out of the way 

Also, at least when I was there, the Cheshire Cheese served exclusively Samuel Smith beer.

• Halal 1

11 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

We fly to Atlanta at 4pm Saturday, then a redeye to Heathrow that night. Will arrive around 11am London time on Sunday. I suspect we won’t be doing much that first day. 

Getting super excited. 

Is @Biggie ready for you to pick him up for the trip?

10 minutes ago, Best said:

Is @Biggie ready for you to pick him up for the trip?

I have zero interest in any type of travel or traveling. Unless it’s Japan. I’m a homebody and a loner. Give me peace and quiet, away from actual people because most of them are terrible, video games, and I’m very happy. 

• Hugs 1

Just now, Biggie said:

I have zero interest in any type of travel or traveling. Unless it’s Japan. I’m a homebody and a loner. Give me peace and quiet, away from actual people because most of them are terrible, video games, and I’m very happy. 

You litteraly just explained me. As I've aged i have really become antisocial and really love being alone and free to play videogames and watch sports. 

• Halal 1

So last night, I took an edible after I got home. First time with THC since I was 18. Friend gave me one since I'm off work for 3 weeks. I was supposed to get a bunch of packing done, but that did not happen. I ended up sleeping from midnight to 1pm today.

Thankfully we have an afternoon flight tomorrow.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

So last night, I took an edible after I got home. First time with THC since I was 18. Friend gave me one since I'm off work for 3 weeks. I was supposed to get a bunch of packing done, but that did not happen. I ended up sleeping from midnight to 1pm today.

Thankfully we have an afternoon flight tomorrow.

Edibles are a problem because the effects work for 12 hours or so. But I bet you had the best sleep you've ever had lol. 

1 hour ago, Best said:

Edibles are a problem because the effects work for 12 hours or so. But I bet you had the best sleep you've ever had lol. 

It sure was some damn good sleep. I just felt super relaxed last night. And I only took part of one. That’s what she told me to do, especially since I don’t indulge in mind-altering substances. 

1 hour ago, SuperSpreader said:

get a jersey egg sausage cheddar breakfast bagel in the morning

where do I find that?

45 minutes ago, Brian said:

Wooooooooooooooooow

Tv Land No GIF by YoungerTV

To be fair I’ve only ever spent 10 mins in New Jersey driving from the airport to Manhattan so I don’t know much about what it’s like. 

3 hours ago, Andrea said:

The worst has happened. I just got to the airport and discovered I left my ROG at home. Now I can’t play Dreamlight valley 😭.

Renovate Channel 9 GIF by The Block

I don't know what that means but it's probably good for you that you have to take in the world/seas on your cruise.

30 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I don't know what that means but it's probably good for you that you have to take in the world/seas on your cruise.

I wasn’t planning to play it on the cruise, it doesn’t load up on my ROG without WiFi anyway. I was just wanting to use it to get through this boring night of hanging out in a New Jersey hotel room lol (and also while hanging out at airports).

• Halal 1