Heading to [somewhere on Planet Earth] tomorrow AMA - the official D1P travel thread

stepee

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

The most heartbreaking part of this all. The incomplete journey. :cry:

I know, I was just thinking about this yesterday. 😭I was so looking forward to him getting to take that journey. 

1 minute ago, TUFKAK said:

Well too late for me to catch a flight.

Also this thread should become the official travel thread for the boards now Wade. 

Poo! We should do an international meetup one of these days 

And I was actually thinking about using this thread to document my trip. Seems appropriate if others are good with it. I feel like stepee would approve. 

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 2

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I know, I was just thinking about this yesterday. 😭I was so looking forward to him getting to take that journey. 

Poo! We should do an international meetup one of these days 

And I was actually thinking about using this thread to document my trip. Seems appropriate if others are good with it. I feel like stepee would approve. 

I’m down let’s figure something out at some point.

• stepee 1
  • Hugs 1

15 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'd like to go in his honor. I was somewhat motivated to get a passport a few months ago but then kind of fell off of the plan. I think I'd like to ramp that idea back up.

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'd like to go in his honor. I was somewhat motivated to get a passport a few months ago but then kind of fell off of the plan. I think I'd like to ramp that idea back up.

If you do, take his suggestion, you will bring back a bunch of video game stuff.

• True 1
  • Hugs 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Heading to [someplace on Planet Earth] tomorrow AMA - the official D1P travel thread
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Heading to [somewhere on Planet Earth] tomorrow AMA - the official D1P travel thread

This is sweet. I’m glad he got to go on so many adventures in the last year. 

I’m heading to Seattle to attend Bumbershoot festival this weekend. I wasn’t sure if I would still go, but one of my best friends is going and I could use a big hug from her. And some other friends are saying I should still go in honor of Stephen.

I know I haven’t been around here lately, but I have been to like 25 concerts of my favorite band in the last two years. Stephen always supported this insanity and got into their music too. Last fall even he met up with me at one of their shows and gave me a steam deck. He would want me to go. But I will see how I feel as the week goes on. Some moments I feel like I could go through with the trip, other moments the idea of dealing with an airport and travel with my heart feeling like this feels like too much. We will see. 

• stepee 2
  • Hugs 2

4 minutes ago, Andrea said:

This is sweet. I’m glad he got to go on so many adventures in the last year. 

I’m heading to Seattle to attend Bumbershoot festival this weekend. I wasn’t sure if I would still go, but one of my best friends is going and I could use a big hug from her. And some other friends are saying I should still go in honor of Stephen.

I know I haven’t been around here lately, but I have been to like 25 concerts of my favorite band in the last two years. Stephen always supported this insanity and got into their music too. Last fall even he met up with me at one of their shows and gave me a steam deck. He would want me to go. But I will see how I feel as the week goes on. Some moments I feel like I could go through with the trip, other moments the idea of dealing with an airport and travel with my heart feeling like this feels like too much. We will see. 

I am assuming you're speaking about Aly & AJ. That just shows Stephen's character supporting you like that and even buying you a deck. What an amazing person. I recommend you go to Seattle and have a great time because you know he'd want that. 

• stepee 1

7 minutes ago, Best said:

I am assuming you're speaking about Aly & AJ. That just shows Stephen's character supporting you like that and even buying you a deck. What an amazing person. I recommend you go to Seattle and have a great time because you know he'd want that. 

Yes it’s them. Sorry, I can’t even remember right now when I stopped posting here and if it was 1 year, 2 years, or more. But I do now remember talking about them here in the past. 

I was at their show on Friday in Utah when I got the news. I missed the second half of the show because of it. My friends also say I need a re-do lol. 

I'm headed to southeast Asia on Wednesday. Not exactly sure where I'm going to go yet, I'm flying to Bangkok and will figure it out from there based on weather (September not exactly the best time of year to visit anywhere tropical, but that's just how it shook out). I'm planning on being gone until sometime in probably November.

• Shocked 1
  • Halal 2

Just now, Fizzzzle said:

I'm headed to southeast Asia on Wednesday. Not exactly sure where I'm going to go yet, I'm flying to Bangkok and will figure it out from there based on weather (September not exactly the best time of year to visit anywhere tropical, but that's just how it shook out). I'm planning on being gone until sometime in probably November.

The idea that you're flying to southeast Asia and then deciding where you'll go from there is insane to me. That takes courage imo. I could never do that. I hope you have a great time and stay safe. 

• True 2
  • Halal 1

1 minute ago, Best said:

The idea that you're flying to southeast Asia and then deciding where you'll go from there is insane to me. That takes courage imo. I could never do that. I hope you have a great time and stay safe. 

Not the first time I've done it! But the last time I did it was like 2018, I haven't just said "fuck it" and traveled since covid.

• Hype 1

48 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:
IBB.CO

Image IMG-8684 hosted in ImgBB

IBB.CO

Image IMG-8685 hosted in ImgBB

IBB.CO

Image IMG-8679 hosted in ImgBB

One of me, my daughter and a seal - then just a big seal! Last one is just a random photo of the Isle of Man from our drive home.

Absolutely beautiful 

15 minutes ago, Biggie said:

After checking my bank account I have decided I’ll be traveling to work until Friday. 

wfh life ftw

3 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

You're totally gonna end up in some Southeast Asian prison camp, aren't you?

• Haha 2