Heading to [somewhere on Planet Earth] tomorrow AMA - the official D1P travel thread

stepee

Dear London Zoo, you are beautiful and potentially my favorite zoo yet. But drawing leaves or whatever on some of the glass displays isn’t cute and blocks off viewing angles and really really dumb 

• stepee 1

yeah that was an incredible experience/zoo

It’s my personal favorite now I think over Calgary Zoo. It was missing a few big ticket things such as elephants and no bears at all, but that tells you how much I loved its layout and the way they managed viewing areas.

Almost every animal they did have I got to see super super close. A good amount of open areas where if you were to be a total rebel you could touch them. Not one of those areas, but I never got such great looks at tigers on my life it was pretty amazing. I got to be right next to a sloth in open space while it was (slowly) moving. 

I never got to see a bat very well, it’s always dark and they don’t really move. I got to see a huge bat in open space not only move but happened to catch it open its wings and fly over the visitors. It was legit thrilling.

I don’t know how to quantify this but the animals just seemed happy. They were behaving playfully and didn’t seem anxious.

The park grounds itself is simply gorgeous.

A- for lack of bears and leaving room for other zoos in the future. Highly recommend if you like looking at animals. 

• stepee 1

Incredible day! After the zoo I got dropped off by Big Ben and then walked over to Westminster abbey and then walked all around St. John’s Park which was insanely beautiful and had the crazies fucking ducks. Just got back and waiting for hopefully another decent food choice.

Here is Big Ben at night since @gamer.tv won’t put out

M144Ev7.jpeg

• stepee 2

• stepee changed the title to Heading to Berlin tomorrow AMA
2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Take her to Berlin with you.

why don’t YOU

Also protip @CastlevaniaNut18 if you do Buckingham Palace, especially a walking tour which makes it longer, there is NOT an opportunity to go to the bathroom and you are looking at at least 3 hours. If you have to go to the bathroom they tell you that it’s impossible, you have to leave and can’t come back and then walk a quarter mile to a pay toilet that only takes cash.

I learned this the hard way. 

Luckily my tour guide told me you can beg the person at the front gate that it’s an emergency and they will write your name down. Which, as embarrassing as it is, I did. Then after panicking my way and yelling at google maps for 10 minutes I got to the public toilet but didn’t have cash and this one, unlike the ones in St. john’s Park, do not take cards.

Then I remembered I had 50euro in my passport. But they didn’t have change. At that point I was just going to piss my pants so I fucking offered it to them to let me in and they were like jesus christ fine just go in and then I pissed and still have my 50 euro.

Anyway, now I’m back in and waiting to go through security!

Edit: I also recommend not bringing a bag or backpack as they make you hold it the entire time for some reason. I didn’t do this myself but it looked very annoying.

• stepee 1
  • Haha 1

It really is quite astonishing and as much as I hate royalty, as a museum it’s quite something. The collection of art is spectacular. Unfortunately no pictures are allowed inside.

But here is a picture of the outside, because, again, gamer refuses to put out

CorX78Y.jpeg

• stepee 1

@stepee I know a Swiss, and asked for Berlin "Pro Tips" and these are the tips from their sister in law (that is from Berlin)

- Behind Checkpoint Charlie is a museum with historic replicas

- There is an impressive Jewish memorial behind Brandenburg Gate

- Bus line 100, is a cheap sightseeing option

That's all I got. :p

• Hype 1

At Hyde Park now, this will be it for London, unless I have the energy tomorrow morning since I have 2pm checkout to do the market I never got to cuz it closes at 4:30 - tho there is also a market that is only on thursday’s by the Tower which might be enough for me

• stepee 1

Just now, SuperSpreader said:

Hide contents

(no one cares about the zoo)

It apparently has the largest number of different species in the world! Might be a two-dayer 

Haters can hate hate hate but they always make me smile a ton - and at this point I might make it my thing to visit every major zoo in the world and rank them.

• stepee 1

This h4cbd which is the closest you can get to thc in London is like..okay..it uplifts a little and takes away the smoke craving from watching everyone smoke - but looking forward to finding more synthetic thc in Berlin!

• stepee 1

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

This h4cbd which is the closest you can get to thc in London is like..okay..it uplifts a little and takes away the smoke craving from watching everyone smoke - but looking forward to finding more synthetic thc in Berlin!

:+:HiGh:+:

• Hype 1

Definitely heading home after Berlin though, nixing a slight itch I had to throw Italy into this trip. The home sickness finally has started to creep in.

And by home sickness I mean just chilling and playing a fuck ton of videoooo gamesssss.

I saw a Switch advertisement on a bus and couldn’t wait to get back to my hotel and play a little. But even though I do have that with me, I just don’t have the time and it’s not the same as chilling at home and really diving in.

Well, that, and I can’t even redownload my library on Switch until I get home so I only have the 5 games I was able to get before my hotspot throttled.

• stepee 1

Struck absolute gold on my last meal oh man. Over a month in, Im getting a little tired of trying to stick to region specialties and kinda just want to eat what I want and especially getting tired of carbs which back home I don’t eat nearly as much of. So I went with BBQ.

And this place honestly should make like 95% of the american bbq places I’ve tried ashamed. They even have the rare excellent mayo based coleslaw of which I’ve only ever had one other.

The chicken wings, ribs, chicken thighs, beans, shrimp skewer, mexican salad (this isn’t really bbq but they had it and it was just loaded with avocado and so fucking good), even the brisket which isn’t really my thing, was all so very very good.

The bbq sauces and hot sauce were also great. The only thing negative I have to say is that by default it comes with fries and my lord England, not every fucking meal needs fries. I don’t even really like fries much. BBQ certainly doesn’t need fries. But they let you substitute for onion rings at least so I did that and just took the onion part out because I’m tired of breaded stuff atm. I did try a couple of them regular and they are very good onion rings though.

9.3/10 - One of those meals you feel kinda glowing after 

• stepee 1
  • Hype 1