Heading to [somewhere on Planet Earth] tomorrow AMA - the official D1P travel thread

stepee

7 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@gamer.tv go find Stepee. He may have been mugged by some blokes and hasn't posted in nearly 24 hours!

i’m busy eating my first good meal atm - it’s chinese food and p bomb at least the chow mein 

• stepee 1

Not to be a Karl about it, but we had a take away curry and it was lovely, if you open to come via the South West (and seeing Cornwall, Exeter, Bristol, and Bath are well worth the trip) there’s some amazing food.

5 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

Not to be a Karl about it, but we had a take away curry and it was lovely, if you open to come via the South West (and seeing Cornwall, Exeter, Bristol, and Bath are well worth the trip) there’s some amazing food.

Yeah I imagine it’s all better when you move from London. To be fair it’s just a lot of it is different and not places I recognize. I’m sure there’s lots of good places one could find but it’s just there is also a lot of shovelware to use a gaming example. 

Like this chinese food is actually real good and would definitely order from them back home as they do it more my style actually than my local places which are too greasy. But I def got lucky and could have easily picked some shit chinese.

• stepee 1

2 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

What else have you done in London?

Im not leaving the immediate area due to current events so so far just kinda walking around the city, checking out night life, tower of london, london bridge. I think I’ll do a tour tomorrow to just knock out a bunch of historic stuff. Or maybe just head to buckinghan palace. Then I want to do British market. I’m here until Thursday. Also finally had a good burger today. Also this girl today said I have a really great bright aura and that is my favorite compliment I’ve gotten I think.

• stepee 1

2 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

???

:call:

far right riots all over England based off misinformation about a stabbing a 17 year old did. I don’t know if it’s known the suspect specifically yet but they made him brown and went to town 

• stepee 1
  • Shocked 1

56 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

A girl girl or a grown woman girl?

Oh a grown woman girl. I use girl usually when it’s a cute woman still, I guess cuz it makes you think girlfriend if they are cute. I wouldn’t care if a little girl told me that. And also that’s how I usually always say it if it’s a girl girl “little girl”. I’m still up in the air if I need to change that or not.

• stepee 1

Sometimes I end up getting myself in a situation where I request something accidentally that I really don’t want to actually deal with or make someone do.

I was looking in their little shop near the bar to see if they had soy sauce after coming back from walking london bridge and I was thinking of gettin the Chinese food again but getting it hot this time because as good as it was I think some heat would make it even better. I chose no heat last time. But also I wanted it with soy sauce which they didn’t give me last time.

Anyway, so the guy behind the bar sees me looking around and asks if there’s anything I’m looking for and I was just like “oh i was just seeing if there was any chance there was soy sauce” and then he’s like “oh soy sauce, like a shot to drink?” so I explain the chinese food issue.

And so he then offers to get me a little dish of it. And this point is when I need to learn to realize I’m accidentally making a ridiculous request and say “oh no that’s okay, but thank you!” but I never know if that’s more rude or not. 

So then I’m standing there a little sweaty from my walk and waiting for the guy that the bartender asked to fetch me some. And then it’s in this kind small shallow bowl (like soy sauce often is in) filled to the brim which then I have to navigate the elevator, card readers, and walk without spilling it everywhere.

Plus side, I have soy sauce now and actually I think I am getting Chinese food. But it’s just a thing I do sometimes where my social awkwardness gets me into trouble.

• stepee 1
  • True 1

49 minutes ago, stepee said:

Oh a grown woman girl. I use girl usually when it’s a cute woman still, I guess cuz it makes you think girlfriend if they are cute. I wouldn’t care if a little girl told me that. And also that’s how I usually always say it if it’s a girl girl “little girl”. I’m still up in the air if I need to change that or not.

Ah because I wanted to use the @TUFKAK "time to bang a complete stranger while you're there" joke, but wanted to make sure I wasn't making a :sickos: comment. :p

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Ah because I wanted to use the @TUFKAK "time to bang a complete stranger while you're there" joke, but wanted to make sure I wasn't making a :sickos: comment. :p

Tbf def was a bit of a connection and good convo and yeah she was very very handsy but I’m sure a lot of that is cultural. But I’d never ask out a person while they were working anyway and also just wouldn’t bother if they don’t live near me. 

• stepee 1

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

Tbf def was a bit of a connection and good convo and yeah she was very very handsy but I’m sure a lot of that is cultural. But I’d never ask out a person while they were working anyway and also just wouldn’t bother if they don’t live near me. 

You got soy sauce now though, that's your in!

18 minutes ago, Nokra said:

@stepee not sure if it's already on your radar but the British Museum and Imperial War Museum are both must-see museums if you're at all into history. :sun:

They are on my list if I have time remaining but I think I enjoy museums more with other people or I kinda get lost in my thoughts too easily and don’t pay attention to anything so might be better on a return trip with someone else anyway.

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1

12 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I’ve already set up a meet in Warsaw and London for my upcoming trip.

Passport mode on tinder is the best.

10 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

Damn I just looked up the riots over there. Wow. The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

It’s genuinely depressing that there are people with blatantly racist views not only hold them, but feel comfortable enough to riot and act violently with their viewpoint as the reason. I literally can’t wait for the UK government to start convicting and then naming and shaming. It’s been great to see Anonymous and various other internet entities track down various people, shut down their social media accounts, and forward evidence to their employers/police.

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1