Heading to [somewhere on Planet Earth] tomorrow AMA - the official D1P travel thread

stepee

I’m gonna to go and visit waffles/see my friend for their birthday on the 3rd. I already got my tickets and hotel for that portion of the trip to an unnamed place in America. 

Then I’m going to ireland and I bought that ticket as well. And after that I’ll go to some other countries in Europe. But now is the time to pick my Dublin hotel and idk what to pick obviously so anyone have any idea?

• Hugs 1

I just booked our UK trip a few weeks ago. I use Expedia, check reviews, the surrounding area, etc. I got a nice looking place right next to the Tower of London for 8 nights and I'm pretty excited about that. I think it was like $180/night.

I don't like paying a ton for hotels. I'm just sleeping and showering there. Is it clean, safe and in a good location(train stations, restaurants, things to do nearby).

• stepee 1

17 hours ago, stepee said:

I’m gonna to go and visit waffles/see my friend for their birthday on the 3rd. I already got my tickets and hotel for that portion of the trip to an unnamed place in America. 

Then I’m going to ireland and I bought that ticket as well. And after that I’ll go to some other countries in Europe. But now is the time to pick my Dublin hotel and idk what to pick obviously so anyone have any idea?

Tell you know who I said hello 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Biggie said:

Tell you know who I said hello 

I WILL. I booked my Dublin hotel since yall had no suggestions. Has a 9.0 on expedia and location looks good so I’m sure it’ll be more than fine. If anyone has an europe ideas pls let me know.

• stepee 1
  • Hugs 1

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

I WILL. I booked my Dublin hotel since yall had no suggestions. Has a 9.0 on expedia and location looks good so I’m sure it’ll be more than fine. If anyone has an europe ideas pls let me know.

I would have suggested something if you had told me you were going to Galway or not. :nottalking:

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

I would have suggested something if you had told me you were going to Galway or not. :nottalking:

Probably not as it seems like 2.5 hours away. I would need convincing to go that far out.

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

On 6/24/2024 at 12:15 AM, stepee said:

Also open to Rome, Berlin, Paris, and London hotels if anyone has any ideas but Ireland is the one I gotta book now to get going. I’m guessing @Nokra will have them Germany tips (my homeland)

London suuuuuuuuuucccckkkkkkkkksssssssss

Berlin suuuuuuuuuuccccckkkkkkkkkksssss

Go to Sevilla or Paris or Firenze or Veneto or Barcelona or Praga or anywhere with a personality that isn't mouth breather

--

Berlin is so American in layout and style, it's "international style" due to everyone having a piece of it. It's so so so boring.

--

London is where Americans come from and you can 100% tell these are just stupid Americans that sound funny. The tourist shit is lame AF all kings and bs we overthrew but only the dumbest of us want back with Trump and their museums are ass too where they let their fat fish and chip stained oily hands touch all the artifacts they stole.

Skip those two and go go NYC or Chicago if you want to see white history that isn't lame AF.

--

Berlin and London are where white people go to so they can pretend to be doing something different without actually doing anything different the first time they go abroad.

--

@TUFKAKwill probably have cities he recommendeds too.

My favorites are (in order)

• Sevilla
  • Paris
  • Veneto
  • Praga
  • Barcelona
  • Istanbul
  • Stockholm
  • Firenze

(Greece was lovely but the relaxation stresses me out. I've been to Germany, Slovakia, and other countries and cities near the ones I've listed, like Rome or Madrid or Marrakech. There's reasons they aren't listed. Russia is mid.)

On this trip I’m just hitting basic popular areas that I’d like to see and will be easy to navigate. My trips don’t have to be perfect once in a lifetime experiences because I can go wherever whenever. I’m sure I’ll get more obscure as I work down the list.

• Hugs 2

Then do Barcelona for sure, Madrid is way too touristy imo but you want the major places.

there are better places in Spain with that said.

Athens is trashy af but still worth a visit if you really wanna see it, personally feel Heraklion is much better to go to in Greece.

Eternal city needs to be seen once in your life for sure so make that a priority.

London is legit just a layover for me enroute to better places 😂

• Halal 1

9 hours ago, stepee said:

I’m enough of a 60s rock fan that Im not worried about being bored visiting London

Only good thing to me about England, is it’s super easy to get laid.

• Sicko Sherman 1

Just now, stepee said:

Fair.

Besides, if I can fuck a chuds wife, I’ll gladly take some Brit and her accent. Least I don’t have to hear about their bs political beliefs or how ivermectin cures Covid (yeah that’s happened here)

The guys there though fucking miss me; I’d not fuck them with biggies dick. Italian dudes are more my thing.

Just now, TUFKAK said:

Besides, if I can fuck a chuds wife, I’ll gladly take some Brit and her accent. Least I don’t have to hear about their bs political beliefs or how ivermectin cures Covid (yeah that’s happened here)

The guys there though fucking miss me; I’d not fuck them with biggies dick. Italian dudes are more my thing.

Honestly I would fuck so much with biggies dick, but that’s just me. Really, I’m not super interested in fucking random people though. I’m not against it but I just want to walk around and see stuff in person and get used to international travel to then plan my next one mostly. And yeah I wanna go to Abey Road, sue me

• Hugs 1

12 minutes ago, stepee said:

Honestly I would fuck so much with biggies dick, but that’s just me. Really, I’m not super interested in fucking random people though. I’m not against it but I just want to walk around and see stuff in person and get used to international travel to then plan my next one mostly. And yeah I wanna go to Abey Road, sue me

Well, for the major tourist things, pay for skip the line. Totally worth it at those places otherwise my advice, definitely check the blogs and YouTube videoes for ideas, but I’ve had amazing times just wandering and finding things on accident; google maps is your friend for that. Found an ancient marble quarry in Naxos by that route, a retro arcade in Osaka etc.

Make an effort to speak the language, even when you suck at it they appreciate it, except the French but fuck their irrelevant country and their bland ass food.

• stepee 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, TUFKAK said:

Well, for the major tourist things, pay for skip the line. Totally worth it at those places otherwise my advice, definitely check the blogs and YouTube videoes for ideas, but I’ve had amazing times just wandering and finding things on accident; google maps is your friend for that. Found an ancient marble quarry in Naxos by that route.

Make an effort to speak the language, even when you suck at it they appreciate it, except the French but fuck their irrelevant country and their bland ass food.

Yeah I’m going to do all my travel super casual. So like I just booked ireland and didn’t book anything else. I’ll book the next country (likely Paris because I want to get in and out before the olympics) when I get there and hop around that way. Maybe I get to Paris and love it and spend the whole rest of the month in France, who knows! Thats the most important thing to me is flexibility. 

Good advice on the language, I’ll also use tech as I can for that. I do think AR could be sweet for that in the future to just casually talk no matter where you are. 

Also I don’t drive so that is a consideration though obviously there are many options around that. But yeah I definitely plan to get more adventurous as I get more in the mix!

This will be my first time leaving the US besides Mexico and Canada 

• Hugs 1

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeah I’m going to do all my travel super casual. So like I just booked ireland and didn’t book anything else. I’ll book the next country (likely Paris because I want to get in and out before the olympics) when I get there and hop around that way. Maybe I get to Paris and love it and spend the whole rest of the month in France, who knows! Thats the most important thing to me is flexibility. 

Good advice on the language, I’ll also use tech as I can for that. I do think AR could be sweet for that in the future to just casually talk no matter where you are. 

Also I don’t drive so that is a consideration though obviously there are many options around that. But yeah I definitely plan to get more adventurous as I get more in the mix!

This will be my first time leaving the US besides Mexico and Canada 

Not driving will only be an issue in rural places in Europe, basically impossible to get around a lot of the Greek islands, Sicily, Sardinia etc without a car and you better be able to drive stick if you do.

But the great cities in europe, the continent, etc. all super easy without a car and probably better without one honestly.

• Halal 1