8. Tekken 8

7. Palworld

6. Senua's Sacrifice: Hellblade 2

5. Helldivers 2

4. Pacific Drive

3. Stellar Blade

2. Rise of The Ronin

1. Dragon's Dogma 2

Based on the games I've played on this list, current count 5, this seems like a solid list. Second half of the year should shape up pretty well.

• skillzdadirecta changed the title to 20 Best Games of 2024 (First Half)

Hellblade and Hellblade 2 are two of the best examples of "cinematic gaming" done to date. Much better than the dreck that people seem to drool all over in gaming,  and I'm typically a gameplay first kind of guy. I really enjoyed both experiences. More so than I did with Alan Wake 2, the base game at least. I actually liked the dlc as short as it was 

• Halal 1

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Hellblade and Hellblade 2 are two of the best examples of "cinematic gaming" done to date. Much better than the dreck that people seem to drool all over in gaming,  and I'm typically a gameplay first kind of guy. I really enjoyed both experiences. More so than I did with Alan Wake 2, the base game at least. I actually liked the dlc as short as it was 

It's just my opinion. I litteraly got physically ill playing Hellblade 2. 

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Motion sickness?

No, severely claustrophobic and sick in my stomach with all the voices and darkness the game evokes. It's not a pleasant experience by any means which then you can say, the developer did a bang up job executing a horror experience. 

I respect the game for it being a one of a kind experience but imo, it's not enjoyable in the slightest. 

1 minute ago, Best said:

No, severely claustrophobic and sick in my stomach with all the voices and darkness the game evokes. It's not a pleasant experience by any means which then you can say, the developer did a bang up job executing a horror experience. 

I respect the game for it being a one of a kind experience but imo, it's not enjoyable in the slightest. 

Oh yeah I remember you mentioning that and thinking the same thing... there's a sequence early on where the I can totally see people who are claustrophobic being affected by that. I'm slightly claustrophobic and I could see myself being affected by it.

There’s not much I played this year but definitely would like to try some of those.  I would’ve thought that no rest for the wicked would be there.   Probably one of the best games I really want to play this year.  

12 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

For how much people hold last year in high regard, the start of this year has been pretty stellar too.

I’ve only tried a little bit of Prince of Persia, but beat FF6\7 Rebirth.

Back half starting to fill in too. Maybe not 23 but certainly not the big downgrade some people tried to say it would be.

• True 1

22 hours ago, Best said:

While it's unfortunate that you have this phobia, the fact that the game invoked those feelings indicates that the developers nailed that aspect of it. 

Agree that Hellblade/Hellblade 2 are not everyone's cup of tea but they are very good at what they try to do.

41 minutes ago, Dexterryu said:

While it's unfortunate that you have this phobia, the fact that the game invoked those feelings indicates that the developers nailed that aspect of it. 

That's EXACTLY what I said in the post you quoted lol. 

• True 1

It’s kind of a strange path ninja theory has taken.  I figured after heavenly sword they’d be heading towards continuing to craft a great action game.  Instead they end up doing a psychotic mentally ill walking simulator.