Humanist Vampire Seeking Consenting Suicidal Person

• 1 month later...

This is out now on VOD, and it’s a charming little indie movie! Great lead performance, fun premise, good feature debut for the writer/director. It’s not really laugh out loud funny, but it does have some good dry humor. I enjoyed that it works sort of like an anti-Twilight with how they handle the central teen/vampire dynamic. 

Not a must-see, but I will say it lives up to the title!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

This is out now on VOD, and it’s a charming little indie movie! Great lead performance, fun premise, good feature debut for the writer/director. It’s not really laugh out loud funny, but it does have some good dry humor. I enjoyed that it works sort of like an anti-Twilight with how they handle the central teen/vampire dynamic. 

Not a must-see, but I will say it lives up to the title!

What score out of 10 would you give it?

4 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

What score out of 10 would you give it?

On your scale, maybe a 6.5 or 7. I definitely enjoyed it, but I would have a hard time widely recommending it, because I can’t imagine a dry French Canadian indie vampire dramedy having super wide appeal. :p

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

On your scale, maybe a 6.5 or 7. I definitely enjoyed it, but I would have a hard time widely recommending it, because I can’t imagine a dry French Canadian indie vampire dramedy having super wide appeal. :p

That's pretty good. A 7 or higher for me means pretty much I should check it out at least at some point. Nice!

Looks like a fun movie. Not like the book series, but has the weird offbeat vampire track that Christopher Moore did for Blood Sucking Fiends, You Suck, and Bite Me! Good series of books if you want a good laugh and a slightly different take on vampires. Also reminds me of the zombie flick Fido, but that’s the Canadian look I guess.