What are your goals?

stepee

I met with a potential new financial advisor today as I’ve been shopping around finally. One of the questions was what my goals are. I didn’t think I had any but I realized actually there are some once I was asked.

So I’ll ask you, do you have any specific goals?

There are loads of general ones that revolve around security, but really my main goals are:

To ensure as I get older, my diet and levels of activity are enough that I give myself the best chance of staying healthy.

Push to progress at work whilst I’ve got the capacity. 

1. Complete the raising of my children

2. Move to an environment that better matches my wife and I

3. Spend the last part of my life working a little and helping others

4. Spend my remaining free time with my best friend, my wife

5. Read a whole lot more than I do now

6. Die relatively not horribly 

• stepee 1

At this point live long enough to play Elder Scrolls 6 and Fallout 5, which probably takes me into my 50's. I can probably shove off after that since I'll probably be working until the day of my funeral at this rate. 

• Hugs 2

10 hours ago, TheLeon said:

your mom

Too ez

12 hours ago, stepee said:

I met with a potential new financial advisor today as I’ve been shopping around finally. One of the questions was what my goals are. I didn’t think I had any but I realized actually there are some once I was asked.

Lololololol this is a thread clearly farming other people’s goals for an answer to the question he couldn’t answer. I see you bud. 
Watching I See You GIF

• Sicko Sherman 1

17 minutes ago, Brian said:

Too ez

Lololololol this is a thread clearly farming other people’s goals for an answer to the question he couldn’t answer. I see you bud. 
Watching I See You GIF

Honestly I don’t have a lot of personal ones yet myself! I have fitness goals and stuff aim working on and just going out and touching grass more which I’ve been doing lately but not much long term I’m looking to achieve I’ve figured out yet.

My goals I came up with where just as my money grows further I’d like to do things like get my Dad a house, help out my nieces more, donate more to local political campaigns etc 

2 hours ago, Dodger said:

At this point live long enough to play Elder Scrolls 6 and Fallout 5, which probably takes me into my 50's. I can probably shove off after that since I'll probably be working until the day of my funeral at this rate. 

I feel that 

• Hugs 1

Are we talking financial goals or life goals?

Financial goals:

* Save up enough for retirement that I can maintain my lifestyle with my wife throughout it.

* Have enough money throughout life to not worry about medical bills to the extent that medicine can address any ills.

* Not worry about having enough money to fix my house (or have a good house if I have to move).

Remaining life goals:

* Make reinforcement learning a robust technology that can be straightforwardly applied by non-experts.

* Solve the AI problem,  or at least come to understand the solution to it if not by my own efforts.

* Build a star ship capable of interstellar travel.

Some of those goals have questionable likelihood of being achieved, but I'm optimistic on the last one. 

• Have enough to live off of when I get old so my kids don't have to take care of me.
  • Own a large enough plot of land that I can shoot on it legally.
  • Be able to feed my gaming habit and my football game attending activities without worrying about if I have enough money.
  • Be able to take the family on a nice vacation every couple years or so.

That's about it.  I'm a simple dude.

• stepee 1

22 minutes ago, legend said:

Are we talking financial goals or life goals?

Financial goals:

* Save up enough for retirement that I can maintain my lifestyle with my wife throughout it.

* Have enough money throughout life to not worry about medical bills to the extent that medicine can address any ills.

* Not worry about having enough money to fix my house (or have a good house if I have to move).

Remaining life goals:

* Make reinforcement learning a robust technology that can be straightforwardly applied by non-experts.

* Solve the AI problem,  or at least come to understand the solution to it if not by my own efforts.

* Build a star ship capable of interstellar travel.

Some of those goals have questionable likelihood of being achieved, but I'm optimistic on the last one. 

Either type of goal!

2-3 years: build out this movie distribution platform and make it my primary gig

4-6 years: have my children all done with college, and hopefully also done with law school

7-10 years: get my kids married off and have some grandkids

now-death: hang out with my wife a LOT, do a bunch of travel, eat all the good food around the world

• stepee 1

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

2-3 years: build out this movie distribution platform and make it my primary gig

4-6 years: have my children all done with college, and hopefully also done with law school

7-10 years: get my kids married off and have some grandkids

now-death: hang out with my wife a LOT, do a bunch of travel, eat all the good food around the world

ALL OF THE GOOD FOOD?!

My goals now are to find a fulfilling job that will take me into my retirement. I need to get a gf to actually move and live a decent life. You can't live a decent life by yourself. I tried and failed. 

To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate the beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because I have lived. 

Or two chicks at the same time. 

• Haha 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1