Donald Sutherland dead at 88

DEADLINE.COM

Donald Sutherland, the revered actor who starred in scores of films and TV shows, died June 20 in Miami after a long illness. He was 88.

Born on July 17, 1935, in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada, Donald Sutherland amassed some 200 film and TV credits spanning more than 60 years, from guesting on episodes of 1960s series including Suspense, The Avengers, Court Martial and The Odd Man to last year's Paramount+ drama Bass Reeves. His big break in movies came with Robert Aldrich's star-packed 1967 World War II drama The Dirty Dozen, playing Vernon Pinkley opposite Lee Marvin, Ernest Borgnine, Charles Bronson, George Kennedy, Telly Savalas and others. A hit in theaters, it remains a seminal American war movie.

• Sad 6
  • Hugs 1

I was just thinking of him, as The Hunger Games movies have been on a loop pretty much all week up on our AMC channel. I think my first movie of his was the original Buffy The Vampire Slayer movie. What a sad loss and day for movies :( 

On 6/21/2024 at 8:20 PM, LazyPiranha said:

The first thing I think of when it comes to Donald Sutherland is this:

l-intro-1674490624.jpg

It's a shame his mother fucked up his view on his looks. He was a dashing young man with character. That interview above is sad af. 

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

How fucked up is it that Im thought he had been deads for a long time already.

You didn’t see him in last year’s Lawmen: Bass Reeves?!?

(it's ok, nobody did :p)