Anyone getting a little concerned if ps5 pro this year is real?

stepee

We are coming up on July. When exactly are we expecting them to announce it? As far as I know it’s all technically speculation in that Sony never confirmed anything regarding it. If we don’t get Switch 2, 5000 series nvidia, or an oled ally AND no ps5 pro is 2024 really a year worth living in?

16 minutes ago, stepee said:

Will intel figure out why their new cpu’s crash in time tho :O

Simple solution: get the 15700x which will have roughly the same performance of the 15900x in gaming without the crashing 

• Shocked 1
  • True 1

10 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I can’t really say I’ve given PS5 much thought at the last several months. 

I did for roughly 15 minutes when I gave my PS5 to my visiting brother in law. 

8 hours ago, stepee said:

We are coming up on July. When exactly are we expecting them to announce it? As far as I know it’s all technically speculation in that Sony never confirmed anything regarding it. If we don’t get Switch 2, 5000 series nvidia, or an oled ally AND no ps5 pro is 2024 really a year worth living in?

Not concerned whatsoever. Very happy with my PS5 as is and I don't see any new games coming soon that would make me think an upgrade would have much of a difference. When PS4 Pro came out, the story was different as there were games that my original PS4 was struggling with and/or there were some games coming out that really would benefit. I don't see that with PS5 right now.

I'm in the same place with my Hybrid 3080. I play in ultrawide QHD and it plays everything just fine. It's hard to spend $1000+ on a 5000 series card without a bunch games that really demand it. 

I love new tech, but dropping money on new versions of hardware without the software to really take advantage of it is kinda silly.

47 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I probably won’t even get it if it comes out this year, because with my extensive PS4 backlog I’m still not quite ready for it yet. I think that I’ll be more ready for it by the end of next year.

Bruh you’ll be playing the PS4 until 20fucking40

• Haha 1
  • True 2

1 hour ago, Brian said:

I got my PS5 Pro Astro Bot bundle preorder locked and ready 

This is the main thing. I’m actually sure Astro Bot is a game that won’t run at a bad resolution and probably be 60fps on base ps5 but

A) I bet it’s 120fps on pro

B) Just having a new console with a game like Astro Bot would be the perfect feeling 

• Hype 1

10 hours ago, Biggie said:

Bruh you’ll be playing the PS4 until 20fucking40

You’re probably right. :lol: I have around 1000 games for it, that’s why I haven’t been in a rush to get a PS5. This year is already half over and there’s still a lot of PS4 games that I want to tackle before getting a PS5, so I think that I’m going to wait at least another year before I do.

2 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

You’re probably right. :lol: I have around 1000 games for it, that’s why I haven’t been in a rush to get a PS5. This year is already half over and there’s still a lot of PS4 games that I want to tackle before getting a PS5, so I think that I’m going to wait at least another year before I do.

We will see once GTA6 comes out :P

17 minutes ago, stepee said:

We will see once GTA6 comes out :P

It’s not coming out until sometime next year, most likely not until summer at the earliest. And there’s always a chance that it could get delayed. Also I’m less excited for it now due to having to play as two different characters in it which is something that I don’t like doing in games, and why I’m less excited for Assassin’s Creed Shadows now as well.

I pretty much have skipped this gen for consoles.  GFN has been a godsend for me.  I’ll probably end up with a PS5 pro though as I’ll need something to play GTA6.  But that probably is not until late next year at the earliest.  May not even make it next year, who knows.  Been thinking that it may be time to come back to Nintendo.  I haven’t had one since the Wii.  

On 6/20/2024 at 2:41 AM, stepee said:

Rumor a few weeks back was an august reveal. I definitely didn’t expect it announced this early. It’s not a new console generation, so theres really no need for a lengthy marketing campaign. We’ll see soon enough. 

3 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

PS4 resolution and especially framerate were enough for me to upgrade to ps5 day 1. PS4 was long in the tooth in 2018, I definitely wouldn’t want to be playing it today.

• True 2

On 6/20/2024 at 1:41 AM, stepee said:

What has Jeff Grub said about it.  I would assume the opposite to be true. :troll:

6 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

PS4 resolution and especially framerate were enough for me to upgrade to ps5 day 1. PS4 was long in the tooth in 2018, I definitely wouldn’t want to be playing it today.

I play more AA and indie games than AAA games these days which is one of the reasons why I haven’t been in a rush to get a PS5 yet.

3 hours ago, Best said:

Lol at Phaseknox playing PS4 until late 2025. 

It was always my plan to get a PS5 when Grand Theft Auto VI came out which is in 2025. I was thinking of getting one this year if the Pro came out, but the year is already half over and I still have plenty of PS4 games that I want to play so I can wait until next year.