The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (September 26) - "Overview" trailer

I'm so happy they are continuing with this style. I've long hoped for a remake of the Capcom games but a new game in this style is even better. I'm sold, plus I'm so getting that LE (No I will not go switch LE crazy like 3DS, I just want another Switch Lite in my collection as It's my preferred system).

Just now, Ricofoley said:

[talking about a game where a talking tree gives you a sword so you can go find magic triangles before a giant pig demon steals them]

It's simply not realistic that a girl could rescue a guy

I'm supposed to believe Zelda has the Triforce of Wisdom and somehow doesn't know that Hylian sexual dimorphism means she'll never be as strong as Link? I guess the Triforce doesn't care about basic biology.

Anyway this art style is rad and I hope the framerate isn't occasionally butt like it was in the Link's Awakening remake.

3 minutes ago, Best said:

With that art style it better run at 60fps. I will have to wait until the Switch 2 releases to play this. I hope Nintendo has another Zelda in development that is 3D. 

If TotK came out last year and they stick to their word about it being the last game of that style, it’s gonna be a bit before a new 3D Zelda.

3 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

If TotK came out last year and they stick to their word about it being the last game of that style, it’s gonna be a bit before a new 3D Zelda.

Yea you're probably right. Well this looks very cool so I'm all on board for it. I have to wait until the Switch 2 releases to play it. I really like how they put Zelda as the main protagonist in this. 

Definitely the highlight of the direct for me. It looks like a ton of fun. They injected a little bit of the recent 3D "figure out your own way to play" Zelda gameplay back into a 2D setting. I don't love the art style, but I don't hate it. I'm guessing this isn't a 100 hour adventure like TOTK, but if the shown gameplay mechanic can remain fun for the duration of the game, I expect to be quite pleased with the result.

• True 2

The Link's Awakening HD style is so clean, especially at 60 fps :whistlin:

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

OMG

Screenshot-2024-06-18-105208.png

:daydream:

It's not a real outrage... right? At least with any traction? Surely it's just bot/troll accounts stirring the pot.

*Remembers the Celda controversy* :doh:

I lovedeee top down Zelda. Thats a good one I don’t mind being on Switch1 still. I hope they can keep a 60fps lock this time though. Either way day1 and pumped you play as Zelda finally.

• Hype 1

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

I'm supposed to believe Zelda has the Triforce of Wisdom and somehow doesn't know that Hylian sexual dimorphism means she'll never be as strong as Link? I guess the Triforce doesn't care about basic biology.

She lacks the courage and power to wield a sword apparently.  They're going back on that since Twilight Princess. :p

This “open gameplay” heres some tools and make your own mayhem trend in the latest Zeldas is interesting. I wonder if a return to the more linear single path designs of “old school” Zelda that many folks desire would be jarring after these adventures

• True 1

4 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

She lacks the courage and power to wield a sword apparently.  They're going back on that since Twilight Princess. :p

If she lacks the courage to wield a sword, perhaps she can dual wield some 1911’s instead

7 hours ago, TwinIon said:

Definitely the highlight of the direct for me. It looks like a ton of fun. They injected a little bit of the recent 3D "figure out your own way to play" Zelda gameplay back into a 2D setting. I don't love the art style, but I don't hate it. I'm guessing this isn't a 100 hour adventure like TOTK, but if the shown gameplay mechanic can remain fun for the duration of the game, I expect to be quite pleased with the result.

Yeah I like the direction of having multiple ways to solve puzzles. It's pretty great.

I think this is a great idea. It makes sense all told within the framework of the games. It'll be cool to have to save Link for once. I'm enjoying the OoT/Link's Awakening style vibes I'm getting from it as well, hope this is a solid game. 

The more I’ve watched this trailer the more it’s an answer to a question I’ve vaguely asked myself. I really appreciate the last 2 Zelda games, but I’m not in love with them and this seems like a good test run to blend the new gameplay additions with the traditional approach. I’m cool with that.

4 hours ago, Brick said:

People have been asking for a Zelda game where you play as Zelda for years so this looks like a lot of fun!

The real question is will they also somehow add her to BOTW / TOTK? Because I recall this question was asked back then and the excuse was if Zelda was playable "what would Link do?" So they could add her in some TOTK dlc or maybe on the switch 2 re-release of BOTW make her playable.

Since Zelda can summon living things I wonder if in the final battle she will find link and  learn to conjure up a bunch of Links to fight ..if all those links were dressed as the various Links from throughout the series so be it.

• stepee 1

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Do you know how many anti-woke gun nuts will have confused boners because of this image?

A lady can use a gun (it’s actually super hot). She just can’t be the lead character in a game with her name in the title. 

11 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

A lady can use a gun (it’s actually super hot). She just can’t be the lead character in a game with her name in the title. 

Tomb Raider says hi. 
Also Bayonetta.