US Military ran secret anti-vax campaign in Asia during the pandemic to convince people not to get vaccinated, or wear masks

WWW.REUTERS.COM

The U.S. military launched a clandestine program amid the COVID crisis to discredit China’s Sinovac inoculation – payback for Beijing’s efforts to blame Washington for the pandemic. One target: the Filipino public. Health experts say the gambit was indefensible and put innocent lives at risk.

The Pentagon didn't like how China blamed the US for some of the pandemic, so they purposefully targeted a place (Philippines) that was using China's vaccine, trying to convince the public to not get vaccinated. Also targeted face masks:

The clandestine operation has not been previously reported. It aimed to sow doubt about the safety and efficacy of vaccines and other life-saving aid that was being supplied by China, a Reuters investigation found. Through phony internet accounts meant to impersonate Filipinos, the military’s propaganda efforts morphed into an anti-vax campaign. Social media posts decried the quality of face masks, test kits and the first vaccine that would become available in the Philippines – China’s Sinovac inoculation.

Also targeted Muslims in other countries in the Middle-East and south Asia:

The U.S. military’s anti-vax effort began in the spring of 2020 and expanded beyond Southeast Asia before it was terminated in mid-2021, Reuters determined. Tailoring the propaganda campaign to local audiences across Central Asia and the Middle East, the Pentagon used a combination of fake social media accounts on multiple platforms to spread fear of China’s vaccines among Muslims at a time when the virus was killing tens of thousands of people each day. A key part of the strategy: amplify the disputed contention that, because vaccines sometimes contain pork gelatin, China’s shots could be considered forbidden under Islamic law.

• Guillotine 2
  • Haha 1

The Trump Administration was vindictive and this just reminds me of all the dirty tricks the CIA pulled (and continues to pull). This is Jakarta Method-level evil shit.

That it took the Biden admin a few months to discover this and shut it down makes me wonder how much else was going on that flew under the radar longer. 

• Sad 1

In trailers and squat buildings at a facility on Tampa’s MacDill Air Force Base, U.S. military personnel and contractors would use anonymous accounts on X, Facebook and other social media to spread what became an anti-vax message. The facility remains the Pentagon’s clandestine propaganda factory.

On the "bright" side, I guess we did learn something from Moscow's disinformation operations after all!

there have always been “Patriots” behind the scenes committing atrocities in the name of the US while the “public” face of the military is always sold to the America Public as a righteous force… 

When a true POS is in the White House the scale of cruelty and misery goes through the roof (The Reagan period in the Americas was a bloodbath).. I shudder to think what other clandestine things took place with the Annoying Oranges consent or with the knowledge that hes too stupid/cruel to care.

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

While this was a despicable act. Was the US Military also using this on US Citizens? We had our own anti-vax disinformation here.

The Reuters article indicates that there is no evidence that it was used domestically.

I'm pretty sure that our domestic anti-vax disinformation is generated by a combination of our own internal "bad actors" as well as external adversaries (Moscow/Beijing/Tehran, etc.)

I wonder how news like this plays with the vile toxic hateful idiot garbage person crowd of chortling brainwashed dipshits who believe vaccines and masks were a government conspiracy to control us...

1 hour ago, ort said:

I wonder how news like this plays with the vile toxic hateful idiot garbage person crowd of chortling brainwashed dipshits who believe vaccines and masks were a government conspiracy to control us...

They did them a favor :troll:

1 hour ago, ort said:

I normally don’t bring news up myself to my Dad anymore but def might have to mention this one 

On 6/15/2024 at 9:04 AM, SuperSpreader said:

Russia does it to us

We do it to China

China does it to Russia?

Russia and China are not friends. The whole sector is a powderkeg about to blow. Look at the industrial practices of any given nation in the region and they've all got the war machine ready on a trigger.

Regardless, as someone specifically who had to deal with the dirty war and the war of drugs personally fuck america.

On 6/14/2024 at 12:14 PM, CayceG said:

The Trump Administration was vindictive and this just reminds me of all the dirty tricks the CIA pulled (and continues to pull). This is Jakarta Method-level evil shit.

That it took the Biden admin a few months to discover this and shut it down makes me wonder how much else was going on that flew under the radar longer. 

You know what never seems to have really gotten the attention it deserves?

That secret server scandlet that popped up in connection with the "Perfect" Zelensky call that led to his first impeachment. Specifically, what else the administration was burying in it....

On 6/14/2024 at 9:42 AM, ort said:

So I got the answer from my Dad on this. The report itself is a false flag planted by the elites to make it seem like vaccines are actually good. He also instantly dismissed the source as “mainstream media” before I even stated the source. There just isn’t anything you can say anymore. Nothing can be true if it’s even somewhat accepted as truth. Only opinions that fly in the face of accepted truth can be deemed as the truth.