New to Avengers (yea, I live under a rock)

1 hour ago, Best said:

I'm actually pretty interested in all of it. But let's say I just focus on the Avengers. If I watch the first one from 2012 to End game would I be confused still in what's going on?

In my opinion yes, you'd absolutely be confused, especially where the characters' story arcs are at in each Avengers movie given what happens to them is usually done in their solo movies between Avengers movies.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Greatoneshere said:

In my opinion yes, you'd absolutely be confused, especially where the characters' story arcs are at in each Avengers movie given what happens to them is usually done in their solo movies between Avengers movies.

Ok. I got a lot of movies to watch then. I put on End Game this evening just to try out 3d on my quest 3 and I watched for about 25 minutes. I didn't know what the hell was going on haha. 

• Haha 1

They are all popcorn movies.

However, you are meant to get emotionally invested with the characters. If they are a bunch of random super heroes, then the events that happen latter will have no emotional significance for you. 

The later Avengers movies are not meant to be stand alone movies. They are intended to be the culmination of a multi-movie story arc. 

If you skip the build-up, the final chapter will be underwhelming. 

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

Respectfully I’d say Marvel was always hit and miss even in its first phase… the catch is even the “misses” always had moments and things in them that made them worth a watch…the “newness” of it all gave them a pass on many instances

Thor 2 is pretty dull, but the presence of Loki, some of the moments after a main character dies, and the final battle are still fun creative moments worth watching… I could say equal things of all films in the franchise all the way til this phase…

I think it's worth watching the films in release order. If you really just can't sit through one of them, no need to force it, but to me even the worst of the early Marvel films are far from unbearable. Besides, the later films end up winking or making jokes about moments in those films, and being able to catch those adds to the pleasure of watching a long running continuous story.

If you really don't enjoy some of the early films like Iron Man, The First Avenger, etc, then it's likely that this is just not a series for you.

• Halal 1

On 6/13/2024 at 9:36 AM, AbsolutSurgen said:

Once you reach End Game, the quality of the movies really becomes hit and miss.

agreed though I think some are better than they get credit for

On 6/13/2024 at 10:05 AM, AbsolutSurgen said:

It was probably better than some of their recent TV shows.

That said, "The Incredible Hulk" wasn't particularly good either.

I think Incredible Hulk is underrated. I love the fight between Roth and Hulk...brief tho it is

@Best

Watch the first Avengers movie, then watch any of the movies of characters you like that came out before.

Then watch Avengers Ultron and Captain America Winter Soldier.

Then Black Panther and Guardians of the Galaxy

Finish with Infinity War and End Game.

You can 100% skip the first Captain America movie, the Thor movies, the Iron Man movies, you could even skip Black Panther and Guardians, but those are worth it. Hulk movies are all bad.

I watched Iron Man 2 & Thor today. Robert Downey Jr has such charisma. I absolutely love him as Tony Stark. 

I'm basically knocking two movies off the list each day. It's been fun. 

• Hype 1

8 minutes ago, Best said:

I watched Iron Man 2 & Thor today. Robert Downey Jr has such charisma. I absolutely live him as Tony Stark. 

I'm basically knocking two movies off the list each day. It's been fun. 

Let me know when you get to Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor Ragnarok. Those are my favorites.

• Halal 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, SuperSpreader said:

How's progress on this task going

Not good lol. I have been taking a massive break on watching movies with my vr. I was getting headaches and blurred vision. 

I could have transitioned to watching them on my phone but it's not even close to watching epic blockbusters on a movie theater screen in 3D. I'll get back to it. 

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Best said:

Not good lol. I have been taking a massive break on watching movies with my vr. I was getting headaches and blurred vision. 

I could have transitioned to watching them on my phone but it's not even close to watching epic blockbusters on a movie theater screen in 3D. I'll get back to it. 

Which VR do you have again ?