New to Avengers (yea, I live under a rock)

Without doing research I'd figure I'd ask here for shits and giggles.

In what order should I watch these and are they any good?

I just got Disney + last night so I'm ready to go on a Marvel ride if you guys suggest I see it. 

Iron Man

The Incredible Hulk

Iron Man 2

Thor

Captain America: The First Avenger

The Avengers

Iron Man 3

Thor: The Dark World

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Guardians of the Galaxy

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Ant-Man

Captain America: Civil War

Doctor Strange

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Spider-Man: Homecoming

Thor: Ragnarok

Black Panther

Avengers: Infinity War

Ant-Man and the Wasp

Captain Marvel

Avengers: End Game

Spider-Man: Far from Home

Once you reach End Game, the quality of the movies really becomes hit and miss.

• Shocked 1

20 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I don't think I've ever been able to get through Thor The Dark World without falling asleep. It's so awful.

It was probably better than some of their recent TV shows.

That said, "The Incredible Hulk" wasn't particularly good either.

15 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

It was probably better than some of their recent TV shows.

It wasn't, which is saying something!

15 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

That said, "The Incredible Hulk" wasn't particularly good either.

The Incredible Hulk is Citizen Kane compared to Dark World :p 

• True 1

@Best I would start with Iron Man.  If you like it, keep watching in order.  The "Avengers" movies make a lot more sense if you've watched all of the previous movies,  even if a handful aren't great.

TBH, I've gone from seeing Marvel movies on opening weekend, to not even bothering watching some of it.  But, IMHO, the early stuff (before End Game) is still worth watching.

Ok. I didn't realize the list from Marvel is this big. Holy shit. 

51 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Just skip straight to Endgame. For science. 

This might be the best advice lol. 

20 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@Best Start with Iron Man, Hulk, Iron Man 2. Skip Thor and Captain America (which is only worth seeing for Natalie Dormer) then watch the rest, especially Thor Dark World. Keep in mind that the first two Avengers movies are basically the same movie.

@Best this is quite honestly the worst advice that has ever been given on this forum.

• Haha 1
  • True 1

11 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

@Best this is quite honestly the worst advice that has ever been given on this forum.

@Best I'm the last person that's going to stick up for any Marvel movie but Spork is 100% correct here. Thor introduces you to one of the most beloved characters and actors in the entire CU (who will make several reappearances). And Captain America is the most heartfelt and best origin story of the bunch.

You can't really skip any of these movies for the most part in my opinion. The Avengers movies will just be a bunch of bright lights and flashing colors with no sense to them if you skip anything. And why would anyone want to skip anything? Why jump straight to the Avengers movies? They aren't good without the context so it'd be a pointless endeavor. My recommendation is watch them properly at your own preferred pace, there's no rush. This is NOT a Godzilla vs. Kong situation.

• Thanks 1

They all build on each other but the first Iron Man is great, the other 2 not so much. Basically all of the Captain America and Spiderman movies are good. Thor 2 was shit, 1 and 3 were good. I thought the second Avengers was kinda shitty but the other 3 were great. Actually I think other than the handful of bad ones I mentioned most of them are pretty good. 

4 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Iron Man

The Incredible Hulk

Iron Man 2

Thor

Captain America: The First Avenger

The Avengers

Iron Man 3

Thor: The Dark World

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Guardians of the Galaxy

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Ant-Man

Captain America: Civil War

Doctor Strange

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Spider-Man: Homecoming

Thor: Ragnarok

Black Panther

Avengers: Infinity War

Ant-Man and the Wasp

Captain Marvel

Avengers: End Game

Spider-Man: Far from Home

Once you reach End Game, the quality of the movies really becomes hit and miss.

I haven’t watched any of those. And I never will. Garbage cinema 

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

You can't really skip any of these movies for the most part in my opinion. The Avengers movies will just be a bunch of bright lights and flashing colors with no sense to them if you skip anything. And why would anyone want to skip anything? Why jump straight to the Avengers movies? They aren't good without the context so it'd be a pointless endeavor. My recommendation is watch them properly at your own preferred pace, there's no rush. This is NOT a Godzilla vs. Kong situation.

This is the advice I'm taking. I'll have to go really slow so I don't get tired out like @GeneticBlueprint mentioned.

@AbsolutSurgen thanks for listing the movies in order. 

• Hype 1

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Dark World is better than the first movie and Hulk is the second best Phase 1 MCU movie (second to Iron Man)

Phase 1 had a weird problem with lack of action in the climax of the movies (which ultimately got paid off with Avengers 1 being almost nonstop action). Dark World was very forgettable but structurally it made more sense as a superhero movie.

• Thanks 1

What's awesome about this is that I'm going to be watching these movies in a virtual movie theater in 3D. I tested out Iron Man and its stunning. 

I'm using my Quest 3 for this. 

• Hype 1

31 minutes ago, Best said:

What's awesome about this is that I'm going to be watching these movies in a virtual movie theater in 3D. I tested out Iron Man and its stunning. 

I'm using my Quest 3 for this. 

You’ve had over 7 hours, and you haven’t watched 2 movies yet?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

You’ve had over 7 hours, and you haven’t watched 2 movies yet?

I was playing a game and also finding out how to stream 3d movies for free. It wasn't exactly easy. 

The honest answer is which movies do you have any interest in, because you can probably infer all the necessary context from Endgame if you really need to.  You’re not losing out on much outside of very entertaining popcorn fluff.

27 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

The honest answer is which movies do you have any interest in, because you can probably infer all the necessary context from Endgame if you really need to.  You’re not losing out on much outside of very entertaining popcorn fluff.

I'm actually pretty interested in all of it. But let's say I just focus on the Avengers. If I watch the first one from 2012 to End game would I be confused still in what's going on?

20 minutes ago, Best said:

I'm actually pretty interested in all of it. But let's say I just focus on the Avengers. If I watch the first one from 2012 to End game would I be confused still in what's going on?

The first few movies are primarily origin stories. They build your connection with the characters. 

• Halal 1

24 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The first few movies are primarily origin stories. They build your connection with the characters. 

Im not saying they don’t, but come on.  These are some of the most recognizable characters of all time.  I’m not saying you won’t get more out of it from watching, but I don’t think you’re getting 100 hours worth of connection.

• Halal 1

3 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Im not saying they don’t, but come on.  These are some of the most recognizable characters of all time.  I’m not saying you won’t get more out of it from watching, but I don’t think you’re getting 100 hours worth of connection.

They’re primarily that status because of the movies though. I’ve read comics my entire life but never really paid attention to the starting characters of the MCU. Couldn’t have told you their stories until I saw those movies. 

10 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

They’re like 10 hours of movies. That are mostly really entertaining.