Blade loses its second director

36 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

yes but rumor is (sorry if it was in the article you linked...I didn't check it) Chad Stahelski (John Wick director) may be up for the job. It was a project he was very interested in doing. 

While I'm more than sure Chad could do a phenomenal job directing such a project, I enjoy him being the overseer of both the Wick & Highlander franchises, as well as his intentions to direct a Ghost of Tsushima adaptation instead. In my mind, I really don't see a way for Marvel to even come close to the heights of Blade 1 & 2. 

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

They should get Wong Kar-wai to direct. It's been 11 years since his last movie and he did that movie that @Greatoneshere enjoyed.

I love Wong Kar-wai movies, my favorite probably being In the Mood for Love but he's made a ton of bangers. But in no way would he do such a commercial film, especially a Hollywood blockbuster commercial film (he's only ever done one American movie) so I don't see that happening. After his last film The Grandmaster though, dude can direct action so he could do it.

It's a shame we lost Demange, he's a really good director. I'm a big Blade fan and it's a shame they can't seem to get this movie made.

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

I love Wong Kar-wai movies, my favorite probably being In the Mood for Love but he's made a ton of bangers. But in no way would he do such a commercial film, especially a Hollywood blockbuster commercial film (he's only ever done one American movie) so I don't see that happening. After his last film The Grandmaster though, dude can direct action so he could do it.

It's a shame we lost Demange, he's a really good director. I'm a big Blade fan and it's a shame they can't seem to get this movie made.

I saw some good comments that they're probably struggling to figure out how to integrate this into the MCU, since everything has to interact with everything else.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I saw some good comments that they're probably struggling to figure out how to integrate this into the MCU, since everything has to interact with everything else.

So pretty typical MCU BS basically. Just make Blade, no one cares about it super connecting to things.

• True 1

13 hours ago, silentbob said:

I wanna see some cool action and blade action myself. Chad is a good safety but imagine if they could get Gareth Evans of The Raid franchise to direct. 

Let's first complete Havoc FFS as that's been gestating for FAR TOO LONG!

how is mahershala ali killing vampires a difficult movie to make? fucking mcu i swear to god 

if this movie ever gets made it’s gonna suck. making a blade movie enjoyable can’t be that difficult. you need 1. good action and 2. good vibes 

disney/mcu will fail the vibe check hard. they’ll have one or two good action scenes and the rest will be repetitive junk.