Update (06/07): Nightdive officially announces "The Thing: Remastered"

4 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

That was THAT Thing, this is this THING! :sun:

Nightdive is in the remake/remaster business these days, so who knows, it could be THAT Thing!

I'll be real though, that game stressed me the fuck out. I think I even still have the PS2 disc in my old binder but I never beat it.

• True 1

🩸❄️ Get ready to rejoin Cpt. J. F. Blake at Outpost 31 because The Thing is BACK with… The Thing: Remastered! ❄️🩸

We're extremely honored to have the privilege of remastering the iconic third-person squad-based survival horror sequel to John Carpenter's genre-defining film and can’t wait to share more info with you soon! 👀

The Thing: Remastered official key art

STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Set after the events of the 1982 John Carpenter movie, The Thing: Remastered is a squad based 3rd person shooter, where each member of your team is equipped with a range of weapons and items to help you in your quest to destroy The Thing.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update (06/07): Nightdive officially announces "The Thing: Remastered"

The 2002 third-person survival horror shooter that serves as a sequel to John Carpenter’s genre-defining 1982 film is back, remastered by Nightdive Studios to bring this innovative blend of fast paced squad action meets survival horror to the modern era. Including Antialiasing, Per Pixel Lighting, 4K Resolution and up to 144 FPS.

TT-GIF-B.gif?t=1717790420

TT-GIF-G.gif?t=1717790420

I watched the Waypoint/Remap folks play the original recently and boy, this game had some ideas and also did not execute on them very well.  The game seemed extremely easy to cheese and the drama of who is and isn’t the thing seemed largely if not entirely scripted.