Kotaku: Call Of Duty's 'Trans Bullets' Are The Latest Right Wing Conspiracy Rage Bait

Don't have the game, but generally prefer politics not be part of my gaming (or any entertainment really). I play games to disconnect from politics, issues, and opinions, not have the views of the developers pushed upon me. 

Political agenda's in entertainment tend to have the opposite of the intended effect (raising awareness). They cause people with opposing views to get angry and stubbornly dig in, which escalates the conflict.

If people want skins to celebrate, go have it.  Skins are there to express yourself.

Bringing the culture wars into it is what is problematic.  Whether it is LibsofTikTok tweeting about it, or Kotaku complaining about LibsofTikTok.

So sick of companies shoving their agendas down our throats. “Hey, here are some colors that represent a community” It makes me fucking sick to my stomach. I just want to shoot people in the face, and not be reminded that people different than me exist in the world! 

• Haha 2
  • True 3
  • Sicko 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1
  • Hype 1

7 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

So sick of companies shoving their agendas down our throats. “Hey, here are some colors that represent a community” It makes me fucking sick to my stomach. I just want to shoot people in the face, and not be reminded that people different than me exist in the world! 

Yea, totally. Like, I was on a car Reddit page and someone was concerned about their trans temps and I just couldn’t believe how badly politics invaded everywhere this month. It’s raining out today so lord knows there’s going to be a rainbow because of these god damned libs.

• True 2

34 minutes ago, Dexterryu said:

Don't have the game, but generally prefer politics not be part of my gaming (or any entertainment really). I play games to disconnect from politics, issues, and opinions, not have the views of the developers pushed upon me. 

It is simply not possible to have an apolitical Call of Duty game.

Just now, AbsolutSurgen said:

Putting a pride camo flag skin on your gun isn't political. 

Its very existence in the game is very much a "political" statement just as the all the ganja cosmetics, etc. are "political" statements, even if that statement is limited to viewing them as revenue-enhancing opportunities.

• Halal 1

13 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

You know what?  They absolutely should have that as well!

While both Pride and sexual assault awareness are themselves political, I'd say that they're also meaningfully different enough that I don't think it's remotely hypocritical to have skins for Pride, which is amongst other things a celebration, and not have sexual assault awareness month skins, which is very much not a celebration.

Could it be interpreted that way in the US -- if it were associated with a certain political party?  Maybe.  I really don't follow US politics close enough.

Otherwise, you'd have to be using a pretty broad definition of what is "political".

Just now, AbsolutSurgen said:

Could it be interpreted that way in the US -- if it were associated with a certain political party?  Maybe.  I really don't follow US politics close enough.

Otherwise, you'd have to be using a pretty broad definition of what is "political".

As one should.

24 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

You know what?  They absolutely should have that as well!

They can surely take pride in the $35 million 'donation' they gave to the SEC for abuse and harassment cover up.

But hey, let's celebrate how so very inclusive they are.

8 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Admittedly, I have a extremely broad definition of "political" to the point where it encompasses every facet of human existence.

My definition of "political" essentially follows this:

The set of activities that are associated with making decisions in groups, or other forms of power relations among individuals, such as the distribution of resources or status.

I'm at pains to think of one part of my lived experience that isn't shaped to some degree by societal forces that ultimately have at their root some type of "political" context.

2 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Denying the political nature of things almost always comes from a position of privilege.

Are you going to try to decolonize my thinking?

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Admittedly, I have a extremely broad definition of political to the point where it encompasses every facet of human existence.

I'm at pains to think of one part of my lived experience that isn't shaped to some degree by societal forces that ultimately have at their root some type of "political" context.

No doubt.  However, by that definition virtually anything could be called political.

I am really not comfortable with stating that gay people wearing pride-coloured apparel during pride month are making a political statement.  They are simply celebrating who they are.

6 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

However, by that definition virtually anything could be called political.

By Jove, you've got it!

8 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

They are simply celebrating who they are.

Which is unequivocally, absolutely, 100% making a political statement as is any form of recognition of self-identity!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

By Jove, you've got it!

Which is unequivocally, absolutely, 100% making a political statement as is any form of recognition of self-identity!

Well, I'm going to make a political statement right now and make myself my third coffee of the morning, and work on my back patio until the thunderstorms hit.

Just now, stepee said:

DANCE MY CHILDREN DANCE

totally innocent topic i swear stop looking at me like that 

Love Is Love Rainbow GIF by Teletubbies

58 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Denying the political nature of things almost always comes from a position of privilege.

Politics are a construct we humans put on things.  The manner which people fixate on it is often disconnected from the problems it tries to address, and can come from a position of privilege itself.  Rainbow capitalism is a prime example of that.  So is this article, arguably.

Anyone who cares greatly about the politics of this is probably in too deep.  Especially in comparison to this company's recent history.

5 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Well, I'm going to make a political statement right now and make myself my third coffee of the morning, and work on my back patio until the thunderstorms hit.

Love Is Love Rainbow GIF by Teletubbies

Looks like they got shot with Bliss Bullets.

3 hours ago, Best said:

I want @Biggie perspective on this. 

I enjoy shooting anyone who uses these ridiculous looking skins. Rainbow, Nicki Minaj, Snoop Dog, Devin Booker. Any of them. I smoke dey ass and while they lay dying I make sure to face plant my butthole right onto their face and enjoy the proximity chat. 

:daydream:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I enjoy shooting anyone who uses these ridiculous looking skins. Rainbow, Nicki Minaj, Snoop Dog, Devin Booker. Any of them. I smoke dey ass and while they lay dying I make sure to face plant my butthole right onto their face and enjoy the proximity chat. 

:daydream:

Lol Devin Booker.