Venom: The Last Dance | Coming Exclusively to Theaters in October

1 hour ago, LazyPiranha said:

I enjoyed both of the Venom movies, they were really stupid fun. 

I never saw the second one but that's pretty much how I viewed the first one. Stupid but entertaining movie, and if you've got some substances to make yourself stupid along with it, even more fun.

32 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

the 2nd was most definitely NOT an improvement, at least the first one was fun....not necessarily good but still fun

It got rid of all of the god awful lab stuff with the rules that were never consistent, and had woody harleson so… yes, it was absolutely an improvement :p 

• True 1

I own both of them on 4K and yeah they are dumb semi entertaining movies. I think I actually liked the 2nd movie better because it upped itself on the crazy. This trailer seems to be doing the same and was that Symbiot the same he left behind in the bonus credit scene in the trailer. It’s quick but I’m pretty sure it’s the same took like bar before being covered/blasted

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

It got rid of all of the god awful lab stuff with the rules that were never consistent, and had woody harleson so… yes, it was absolutely an improvement :p 

I had high hopes when I heard Woody was playing Keltus/Carnage but unfortunately his performance was mid and the storyline was just sad as hell. And if any movie needed an R rating it would be one with Carnage. Lets face it, neither was great. I'd say lets wait until Venom makes an appearance in the actual MCU, but the truth is at this point there are no guarantees he still won't suck. The best part of the trailer was vemon-horse. 

8 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Well I certainly didn’t say that either was good, just that the second was an improvement (slightly less bad) :p 

agree to disagree, but on thing I'm sure we can both agree on that they were both still better than Morbius or Madame Web :lol:

• True 1

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

agree to disagree, but on thing I'm sure we can both agree on that they were both still better than Morbius or Madame Web :lol:

Morbius’ 10 seconds of Michael Keaton was better than either Venom movie, however, it requires you to get through the first 144 minutes of Morbius to get to it… so… Venom wins, but I’m not happy about it :nottalking:

1 hour ago, legend said:

Never seen either of them, but the "we are venom" bit got a chuckle from me!

If you’re in the mood for some mindless fun, give them a go.  Two especially leans heavily on the odd couple relationship between them.  

Not to be too much of a nerd about it because I really couldn’t care less but wasn’t the whole Venom in the bar leaving behind a shred of symbiote thing explicitly not in his home universe?  I thought he was brought there by Dr. Strange’s spell, which was never really explained, and then shifted back to his own universe.  

2 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

Not to be too much of a nerd about it because I really couldn’t care less but wasn’t the whole Venom in the bar leaving behind a shred of symbiote thing explicitly not in his home universe?  I thought he was brought there by Dr. Strange’s spell, which was never really explained, and then shifted back to his own universe.  

This is exactly what happens. He gets pulled into the MCU Spider-Man movies from his own Venom universe due to the hijinks of Spider-Man: No Way Home (this happens to Eddie Brock at the end of Venom: Let There Be Carnage). Then, at the end of Spider-Man: No Way Home, when everything gets fixed, Eddie Brock gets sent back to his own Venom universe at the end of that movie but does unknowingly leave behind a piece of the Venom symbiote. Whether the MCU Spider-Man movies will ever capitalize on that to have their own MCU Venom I have no idea since the MCU has a lot of stuff up in the air they need to follow through on which they may never do.

Either way all of that would have no effect on this third Venom movie which takes place in its own Venom universe by all accounts (though technically still part of the MCU multiverse, which is something I guess). I guess the Venom universe's Baron Mordo (played by Chiwetel Ejiofor in the MCU) took a very different life path from birth since Chiwetel Ejiofor seems to be a normal military man in this movie probably not named Baron Mordo. :p 

14 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

This is exactly what happens. He gets pulled into the MCU Spider-Man movies from his own Venom universe due to the hijinks of Spider-Man: No Way Home (this happens to Eddie Brock at the end of Venom: Let There Be Carnage). Then, at the end of Spider-Man: No Way Home, when everything gets fixed, Eddie Brock gets sent back to his own Venom universe at the end of that movie but does unknowingly leave behind a piece of the Venom symbiote. Whether the MCU Spider-Man movies will ever capitalize on that to have their own MCU Venom I have no idea since the MCU has a lot of stuff up in the air they need to follow through on which they may never do.

Either way all of that would have no effect on this third Venom movie which takes place in its own Venom universe by all accounts (though technically still part of the MCU multiverse, which is something I guess). I guess the Venom universe's Baron Mordo (played by Chiwetel Ejiofor in the MCU) took a very different life path from birth since Chiwetel Ejiofor seems to be a normal military man in this movie probably not named Baron Mordo. :p 

Yes, but around 1:30 in the trailer aren’t they capturing the symbiote at the bar, which would mean they’re in the other universe?

6 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Yes, but around 1:30 in the trailer aren’t they capturing the symbiote at the bar, which would mean they’re in the other universe?

might not be the same universe. In the last one Danny Rojas character was the bartender, in this one he looks to be a customer, so maybe yet another universe/variant 

13 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Ah, I don't watch trailers much anymore due to wanting to avoid spoilers or any sort of inkling about a film (not that I care about that for this movie). I'm gonna say EternallDarkness might be on to something since I haven't seen the trailer myself.