Star Wars Boss Says Women in Star Wars Suffer From Toxicity Due to male Dominated Fan Base

Just now, stepee said:

Smoking hot though, would love to shit on her stomach!

You know I actually have no idea what she looks like... also I was joking about her sucking BTW. I think she's fine and is a large part of why Star Wars has even remerged as a cultural thing in the 21st century :shrug:

• Halal 1

I guess stupid, bad, and immature behavior goes without any teaching moment or consequence yet again even in a thread about women being singled out online for harassment by a primarily male fan base. I guess fuggit let the asinine comments fly free by certain users and each time it's in a vacuum, previous comments never happened before, no one saw them.

:shrug:

3 minutes ago, Best said:

I'm unblocking you. This shit is too good to miss. I love you and I think overall you're a very intelligent user but you're hatred for me is gold. I won't be missing out anymore. 

My hatred for ohioguy24 was gold to him as well. I hope you enjoy me constantly calling out your poor behavior whenever I see it as I did for him before you and other users I don't respect around here whose stupid, asinine comments I see all the time. 

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah you guys should DEFINTELY link up... you can cut the tension up in this bitch with a knife.

I'm seriously done with getting upset with users on here. I truly do think he is a great user but he really just needs to lay off me. 

Finding a 27 yr old attractive and saying she has great tits is not a big deal by any stretch of the imagination. 

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

5 minutes ago, Best said:

Finding a 27 yr old attractive and saying she has great tits is not a big deal by any stretch of the imagination. 

Yeah, WHEN IT'S SAID IN A VACUUM. This is not an isolated comment or incident. Sometimes I swear your reading comprehension and your selectivity on what to quote from me while clearly missing the point again makes me question your intelligence. Let me say it again, IN A VACUUM, WHICH THIS ISN'T, saying that wouldn't matter at all. But that isn't the case here. I can't believe I have to caps lock, underline, and bold this shit so you can get it. Then again, I once tried to explain the Dunning-Kruger effect to you and the fact it went over your head at the time says it all. I have tried in numerous threads in the past few years to reason with you (full on giving you explanations, evidence, debate, rebuttals) and it's never worked so I'm at my wit's end here.

3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

My hatred for ohioguy24 was gold to him as well. I hope you enjoy me constantly calling out your poor behavior whenever I see it as I did for him before you and other users I don't respect around here whose stupid, asinine comments I see all the time. 

You know, you could just address things with me in a polite friendly matter? I'm not sure why we can't get a long overall. If I say something stupid just politely correct me. I can absolutely take constructive criticism and I know some of the things I say can be taken badly. I try to learn and be better. 

2 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I guess stupid, bad, and immature behavior goes without any teaching moment or consequence yet again even in a thread about women being singled out online for harassment by a primarily male fan base. I guess fuggit let the asinine comments fly free by certain users and each time it's in a vacuum, previous comments never happened before, no one saw them.

:shrug:

If he said something inappropriate in this thread I'd be right here with you. But I just don't have the energy to always recall past interactions on similar subjects with various users. I also try (don't always succeed) to be more lenient in that I'll engage with somebody with what they're presenting now and I try not to color my current interactions with past behavior--unless it's super egregious. What you describe is pretty egregious, but I haven't had those kinds of exchanges with Best. Which is why I didn't read anything into his statement that I quoted that started this chain.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 2

4 minutes ago, Best said:

You know, you could just address things with me in a polite friendly matter? I'm not sure why we can't get a long overall. If I say something stupid just politely correct me. I can absolutely take constructive criticism and I know some of the things I say can be taken badly. I try to learn and be better. 

As I said in my post responding to you just earlier, I did do that, for years. Plenty of debates on the politics board where you never came back to say you were wrong, or provide a rebuttal, or anything. When you're called out you frequently just disappear, or you pull some huge flip flop you'll say something like: "Trump is way better and more with it than Biden" and then a month later in a different thread you'll shit on Trump and then a month later praise Trump again. I have seen this over and over and over. I have taken my time with you in the past. Tried to politely correct you, provide evidence, convince you. It's you who has been the problem when I've approached things that way, because then you act like you have goldfish memory each time, acting like you haven't incited numerous long debates on the political board with some inflammatory initial comment that you then frequently walk back or you get defensive and say everyone on the political board is biased and sucks. You are not trying to learn and be better from where I'm sitting, and that's my entire problem with you.

• Halal 1

@Greatoneshere Let’s try to get a long. I will do better with certain things I say but let's just relax. I respect you as a user in all other regards and enjoy reading your movie reviews etc. 

If I say something you find offensive just politely let me know. 

• Halal 1

3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

As I said in my post responding to you just earlier, I did do that, for years. Plenty of debates on the politics board where you never came back to say you were wrong, or provide a rebuttal, or anything. When you're called out you frequently just disappear, or you pull some huge flip flop you'll say something like: "Trump is way better and more with it than Biden" and then a month later in a different thread you'll shit on Trump and then a month later praise Trump again. I have seen this over and over and over. I have taken my time with you in the past. Tried to politely correct you, provide evidence, convince you. It's you who has been the problem when I've approached things that way, then you act like you have goldfish memory who hasn't incited numerous long debates in the political board with some inflammatory initial comment. You are not going about trying to learn and be better, and that's my entire problem with you.

I can agree with this. I do flip flop on politics because I truly get stuck in the middle between what's going on right now. But let's not go there. You make fair points. I will try to do better. 

• Halal 1

3 minutes ago, Best said:

@Greatoneshere Let’s try to get a long. I will do better with certain things I say but let's just relax. I respect you as a user in all other regards and enjoy reading your movie reviews etc. 

If I say something you find offensive just politely let me know. 

I'm always open to accepting olive branches no matter how much I know you'll just do again in the future what I've described you've done in the past. But, I never blocked you in the first place so I'm happy to try and get along. I will be incredibly patient (like I used to be) if you say something ignorant in the future but I expect there to be a real conversation if it comes to it, not what you typically pull. If so, then I'm happy being completely cordial like I am with most on this board. If you engage in honest to goodness good faith debating if you're putting something out there, then we're good. 

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'm always open to accepting olive branches no matter how much I know you'll just do again in the future what I've described you've done in the past. But, I never blocked you in the first place so I'm happy to try and get along. I will be incredibly patient (like I used to be) if you say something ignorant in the future but I expect there to be a real conversation if it comes to it, not what you typically pull. If so, then I'm happy being completely cordial like I am with most on this board.

Deal. I will hold myself accountable going forward. 

• Halal 1

Just now, Greatoneshere said:

I will as well, and I will try to be accountable on not being overly harsh either knowing this is a new, blank, clean slate. 

Thank you. 

• Halal 1

Even though I wasn't trying to derail the thread, it seems I did so I'll now try to get it back on track. Certain Star Wars fans of a specific vintage hated female representation in the sequel trilogy and it's a shame that sidetracked just looking at those films as films, but conservatives turned it into that, no one else.

29 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

If he said something inappropriate in this thread I'd be right here with you. But I just don't have the energy to always recall past interactions on similar subjects with various users. I also try (don't always succeed) to be more lenient in that I'll engage with somebody with what they're presenting now and I try not to color my current interactions with past behavior--unless it's super egregious. What you describe is pretty egregious, but I haven't had those kinds of exchanges with Best. Which is why I didn't read anything into his statement that I quoted that started this chain.

I agree with you overall and ignoring Best for the moment since he and I are going to try again now, just speaking generally here, I wasn't looking for a ban but just education, learning. I'm not trying to punish anyone, but simply acknowledge the truth of someone's character by the group and then work on that together if possible. You've been on this board just as long as I have, have you really not seen these kinds of exchanges with Best in the past? Again, Best and I are starting fresh, but you can't have missed all those comments in all those threads? It started to feel pervasive over the years to me. But, fair enough, you haven't seen his comments about CastlevaniaNut's sexuality or femininity in the past, or the comments about women and their bodies generally in the past, or comments on various social values or political/legal policies in the past. For me, I saw them a lot over the years until I hit a breaking point when he and Biggie butted into a calm but obviously confrontational debate between me and PhaseKnox in the Stellar Blade thread. 

Best and I will try again anew, and I wasn't expecting any sort of ban or anything crazy like that, and I don't expect any single mod to see everything, but I thought this was common knowledge. Next you're going to tell me you've never seen the posts about PhaseKnox's pathological need to only play as hot female characters in video games or crispy's regressive views on abortion, etc. :p 

Just now, Greatoneshere said:

I agree with you overall and ignoring Best for the moment, just speaking generally, I wasn't looking for a ban but just education, learning. I'm not trying to punish anyone, but simply acknowledge the truth of someone's character by the group and then work on that together if possible. You've been on this board just as long as I have, have you really not seen these kinds of exchanges with Best in the past? Again, Best and I are starting fresh, but you can't have missed all those comments in all those threads? It started to feel pervasive over the years to me. But, fair enough, you haven't seen his comments about CastlevaniaNut's sexuality or femininity in the past, or the comments about women and their bodies generally in the past, or comments on various social values or political/legal policies in the past. For me, I saw them a lot over the years until I hit a breaking point when he and Biggie butted into a calm but obviously confrontational debate between me and PhaseKnox in the Stellar Blade thread. 

Best and I will try again anew, and I wasn't expecting any sort of ban or anything like that, that's way too much, and I don't expect any single mod to see everything, but I thought this was common knowledge. Next you're going to tell me you've never seen the posts about PhaseKnox's pathological need to only play as hot female characters or crispy's regressive views on abortion, etc. :p 

Well, I don't spend much time on The Shower board so... :p

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Well, I don't spend much time on The Shower board so... :p

I don't either for the most part, this is almost exclusively collated from the Politics Board, the Entertainment board, and the General Gaming boards, which are the three I mostly frequent for any and all users I've been mentioning. :p 

13 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I agree with you overall and ignoring Best for the moment since he and I are going to try again now, just speaking generally here, I wasn't looking for a ban but just education, learning. I'm not trying to punish anyone, but simply acknowledge the truth of someone's character by the group and then work on that together if possible. You've been on this board just as long as I have, have you really not seen these kinds of exchanges with Best in the past? Again, Best and I are starting fresh, but you can't have missed all those comments in all those threads? It started to feel pervasive over the years to me. But, fair enough, you haven't seen his comments about CastlevaniaNut's sexuality or femininity in the past, or the comments about women and their bodies generally in the past, or comments on various social values or political/legal policies in the past. For me, I saw them a lot over the years until I hit a breaking point when he and Biggie butted into a calm but obviously confrontational debate between me and PhaseKnox in the Stellar Blade thread. 

Best and I will try again anew, and I wasn't expecting any sort of ban or anything crazy like that, and I don't expect any single mod to see everything, but I thought this was common knowledge. Next you're going to tell me you've never seen the posts about PhaseKnox's pathological need to only play as hot female characters in video games or crispy's regressive views on abortion, etc. :p 

My comments toward CastlevaniaNut18 were completely and utterly despicable. That is one thing on here I truly regret. 

I apologized to her on many occasions and tried to move on. She and I just don't get along and that's fine. I think she is a very good person who works hard in the nursing field. We just collide too much so I had to just completely ignore her. 

But since then I've really tried to change. So I'm not perfect but I'm willing to learn and grow. It's not going to happen over night. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, Best said:

Because he is a condescending little twerp who thinks he is superior about everything. 

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Because he is a condescending little twerp who thinks he is superior about everything. 

I'm not in the business of getting into it with other users anymore. 

He made some fair points in here and we moved on. I need to watch what I say.

2 minutes ago, Best said:

I'm not in the business of getting into it with other users anymore. 

He made some fair points in here and we moved on. I need to watch what I say.

I’m open for business. 

I never move on. Fuck ‘em

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’m open for business. 

I never move on. Fuck ‘em

We all need to just get along. We have been on this message board together for 13 years. It's like one big family. 

I have made many mistakes on here and regret a lot of shit I've said. It's time for me to cowboy the fuck up and respect others and act like an adult.